Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2016, 19:47   #4366
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post

I went for Michelin's in SCross and, touch wood, they are doing good so far. Have given them tough time so far in the roads of Bangalore, Mangalore ( and even Kasaragod
Same here.swapped jk for Michelin and completely satisfied with it.just have be careful when rocky road comes ahead

On side note.need some advice.does this Rim protectors works or just there for aesthetics? planning to order one for my Momo Dark knights from aliexpress.I am leaning towards Red one but not sure if Red will go well with Blue SCross .any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160509193305.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1462803721702.jpg  

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 9th May 2016 at 19:53.
sahiltodankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 06:52   #4367
Senior - BHPian

Sahil
I think red is the best option here.

Another idea :
Paint your alloys black and then add blue or red rim protector.
Try to photoshop first.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 07:58   #4368
Distinguished - BHPian

International Suzuki SX4 S-Cross: 100,000 km endurance test by the Germans!

Quote:
No failure, no damage, nothing. After 100.000 kilometers, the S-Cross looked visually fresh and new, the engine wear. ( "Was that a Friday car") Full skepticism measure AUTO BILD power: 87 kW, all in Lot, only the exhaust gas measurement resulted in a slightly increased nitric oxide level.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/suzuk...t-8907983.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th May 2016 at 08:14.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 11:51   #4369
Distinguished - BHPian

I just found this in Zauba. One 1.6 S cross is exported to South Korea in December 2015 for R & D. It is obviously by Hyundai, I believe
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160510114726_com.android.chrome_1462861094486.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 14:51   #4370
BHPian

Hi Experts, I am newbie to this forum and I have got my membership approved last week. I am taking delivery of my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta version tomorrow and would like to understand whether swap of tires are mandatory. My primary usage will be in city and occasional highway trips. Please help provide your expert views.
Old 10th May 2016, 14:56   #4371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
..and would like to understand whether swap of tires are mandatory. My primary usage will be in city and occasional highway trips. Please help provide your expert views.
Absolutely not mandatory. Use those OE tyres and feel the car for sometime. You'll have a better idea after sometime for your next choice or requirement.
Rudra Sen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 14:57   #4372
BANNED

Quote:
My primary usage will be in city and occasional highway trips. Please help provide your expert views.
For regular city usage and occasional highway trips the stock tyres are sufficient. Unless you have specific needs like better grip, less road noise etc etc, a tyre swap is required.

Also depends on the budget you have left to spend.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:00   #4373
BHPian

I was struggling with the navigation application. Since I started using it, it always felt to be inadequate in terms of searching for destinations in a short time and then would eventually end up using the phone for navigation as the Google map is way more user friendly compared to what we have in our car as of now.

Although the app has a screen where one can enter a destination by providing the geo coordinates but have never been able to use it. No matter what coordinates I enter there, it always tells me that it is out of the map area. This would happen even if would pick up the coordinates by going into settings and then selecting my current location. Still struggling with it and have not found a solution to it. The reason I need it is that it would give me ability to create my on PoIs if I could create a destination by entering geo coordinates. If anybody has been able to use it successfully, do let me know. Maybe, I am doing something wrong and not realising it.

There is a partial workaround that I have figured out to add current destination to the favourites tab. Although it seems to be convoluted but here are the steps to do it.
1. Go to Favourites in the navigation app.
2. Select “Home”. It will be the first option.
3. If home is already defined then press single “X” and delete it. If it is not defined they you will go directly to the next step.
4. Select “Home” again and now it will give you two options to either select current location as home or provide an address.
5. Select current location as home and save it.
6. Once saved click the navigation arrow to ask the app to navigate to this home location.
7. The app would immediately announce that you have reached your destination.
8. Select the “Recent Places” tab. It would show the last location that you navigated to on top in “<State>-<City>” format. This is same as the one you saved as home and navigated to. It is showing here because you navigated to it.
9. Select this location and select the button in the centre of the screen to save it as favourite by giving it a name.
10. The current location will now be saved under “Favourites” tab and can be used for setting destination.

I hope this helps someone. If you find a better and simpler or alternative way to do it, please share.

Here is quick link to find the geo coordinates of a location through google maps.
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/18539

Last edited by @viral : 10th May 2016 at 15:14. Reason: Additional information, Grammar
Old 10th May 2016, 15:00   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Absolutely not mandatory. Use those OE tyres and feel the car for sometime. You'll have a better idea after sometime for your next choice or requirement.
Thanks Rudra Sen. I had checked with my RM stating that several members of this forum have exchanged their tires immediately upon delivery. He mentioned that this is not required and the OE tyres are sufficient. This will help me save more Vitamin M for time being
Old 10th May 2016, 15:00   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Experts, I am newbie to this forum and I have got my membership approved last week. I am taking delivery of my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta version tomorrow and would like to understand whether swap of tires are mandatory. My primary usage will be in city and occasional highway trips. Please help provide your expert views.
Swap of tyres is not "mandatory" - it is always optional!!
Having said that, if you are the kind of driver who stays within 75% of the car's operating capabilities all the time and do not explore its limits, you can continue with the factory fitted JK Elanzo tyres.

Please be advised, however, that JK as a tyre manufacturer has a bad reputation in the marketplace, and this reputation has been earned after several years of complaints from numerous people about simply poor quality manufacture (not about tyre compound/tread design/etc). If you keep the JK Elanzos, be prepared to replace the set within 30K kms.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 15:21   #4376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For regular city usage and occasional highway trips the stock tyres are sufficient. Unless you have specific needs like better grip, less road noise etc etc, a tyre swap is required.

Also depends on the budget you have left to spend.
Thanks a4anurag for your advise. Will keep you posted on the progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Swap of tyres is not "mandatory" - it is always optional!!
Having said that, if you are the kind of driver who stays within 75% of the car's operating capabilities all the time and do not explore its limits, you can continue with the factory fitted JK Elanzo tyres.

Please be advised, however, that JK as a tyre manufacturer has a bad reputation in the marketplace, and this reputation has been earned after several years of complaints from numerous people about simply poor quality manufacture (not about tyre compound/tread design/etc). If you keep the JK Elanzos, be prepared to replace the set within 30K kms.
Thanks KiloAlpha for your inputs. By way of reading various quotes on this I assumed it will be mandatory to swap tyres Currently I have called few dealers in Chennai and they have quoted 4500 INR per tyre if run within 200 Kms as exchange value. They have mentioned that I can go in for Michelin 305 ( however out of stock) or go for Yokohama or Hankook. Roughly costing around 7500 per piece. For Michelin, they have informed that they will confirm in sometime on the stock availability and cost.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th May 2016 at 16:11. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 10th May 2016, 15:58   #4377
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Ananth

Nothing is "mandatory". You are the boss. You decide what you want to do.

Like Rudra says just use your OEM tyres for a year or two and then when you think the time is ripe, go and change them for something different.

I have never been a big advocate of all this excessive chopping and changing about, in a brand new vehicle, except for some things and then also, when needed only.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:26   #4378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
I was struggling with the navigation application. Since I started using it, it always felt to be inadequate in terms of searching for destinations in a short time and then would eventually end up using the phone for navigation as the Google map is way more user friendly compared to what we have in our car as of now.
Have you tried searching using POIs? When I took my brother's S-Cross last week, I almost always did a POI search and it worked well. There is always some well known POI near most of the places we would want to go I guess. Of course, if it is a very specific place you need to go, then you will need to enter the state, the area, the street name etc. which is very non intuitive, especially if you are used to Google maps
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:33   #4379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
If you find a better and simpler or alternative way to do it, please share.
Hello Viral,

I had a similar experience and was searching for a solution today and came across this. In the user manual, page 46 has a solution for csv import. I have not yet tried, but I hope to do so soon.

http://www.suzuki-slda.com/Lists/Use...DA%20India.pdf
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 17:21   #4380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They aren't mandatory, but highly recommended.

I am one of the few members who is running the stock JK tyres, and even though I haven't completed running her in - I am already disappointed with the tyres (within city limits, mind you).

Heck, you can't even explore 50% of the capabilities of the S-Cross with the stock tyres.

Lots of road noise on cement roads, attracts a lot of small pebbles (I've had pebbles stuck in the grooves since day 0, constantly making a tak tak noise - especially on cement roads), tyre squeal around corners (when not pushing hard), and moderate to hard braking (note: i've never had to slam on the brakes, but a few instances when I had to brake harder than normal).

Plus, good rubber would help soften up the low speed ride substantially!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed