Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 21:11   #4381
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Hi Experts, I am newbie to this forum and I have got my membership approved last week. I am taking delivery of my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta version tomorrow and would like to understand whether swap of tires are mandatory. My primary usage will be in city and occasional highway trips. Please help provide your expert views.
Tyre swaps are / were recommended for those grossly under tyres cars (remember the 165s on a Swift?) in the market. If you notice, we get quite decent sized tyres now a days from Maruti (Baleno, S-Cross, Brezza are all prime examples).

These stock tyres can very well do the duty for upto 30K kms if driven well (with proper rotation at regular intervals). To me, tyre & alloy swaps have become more of a style statement now a days (than an actual necessity).

If you go for performance tyres, you get noisy tyres again; so that argument doesn't hold. Among comfort oriented tyres, I can recommend MRF ZLO which is a VFM option compared to overpriced Michelin.

None of my dad's cars ever see a tyre swap (he runs on crappy MRF ZVTS & JKs) and those go upto 30K kms with reasonable maintenance. The cars see a mix of urban + highway runs (no bumper to bumper traffic) on good to really bad roads (& he guns through those).

I suggest that you run on the same set for 30K Kms & later buy a good set than wasting the money, if you are a sane driver.

Edit: I might vote for a better tyre if the car is 1.6 & driven enthusiastically, but hold my opinion for 1.3.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th May 2016 at 21:18.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 22:11   #4382
Sip
BHPian

Got information from dealership that delivery of car is delayed indefinitely. None told me clearly earlier during waiting for nearly 2 months

Wish to share some NEXA experience, been in interaction with them since Feb this year. Came across some guys with ordinary traits. My experience suggest one should exercise caution while dealing with them. They can twist the things like ordinary salesman notwithstanding their attire. Brilliantly conceived idea of NEXA perhaps suffering from initial bugs !!

Cancellation of purchase imminent in my case due to unbearable delay and no promise of delivery in near future !

Fellow BHPians who have booked 1.6 may ascertain their latest status.
Old 10th May 2016, 22:43   #4383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Got information from dealership that delivery of car is delayed indefinitely....Fellow BHPians who have booked 1.6 may ascertain their latest status.
Please do shoot a mail to Maruti as well. I believe this could be a decision from the factory to delay the production due to whatever reason. They might be in a better position to answer. You could also call up the regional office (number listed in the website) & talk to the sales team.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 22:52   #4384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got information from dealership that delivery of car is delayed indefinitely. None told me clearly earlier during waiting for nearly 2 months

Wish to share some NEXA experience, been in interaction with them since Feb this year. Came across some ordinary treatment. My experience suggest one should exercise caution while dealing with them. They can twist the things like ordinary salesman notwithstanding their attire. Brilliantly conceived idea of NEXA perhaps suffering from initial bugs !!

I may cancel the purchase for now due to unbearable delay and no promise of delivery in near future !

Fellow BHPians who have booked 1.6 may ascertain their latest status.
Which color and variant did you book buddy? Delta and Zeta is hardly produced according to my dealer.

I had booked 1.6 S cross Alpha in Granite grey. I got call from dealer today informing that no S cross 1.6 in grey colour is alloted to them for this month and they have one white color in transit. I convinced my dad and settled for White 1.6 S cross Alpha. Delivery is scheduled within 10 days. Finally getting my 1.6

P. S : I just got my Kwid today and power is really disappointing
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 23:09   #4385
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Which color and variant did you book buddy? Delta and Zeta is hardly produced according to my dealer.
Dr Naren I have booked 1.6 Delta Premium Silver. Yes your dealer said it accurately. My case is testimony to that.

You did the smart thing with accepting white colour given precarious situation in 1.6 production and amount been paid already. After all white is decent and popular colour with added advantage of lesser heat absorbing too

Last edited by bblost : 10th May 2016 at 23:58. Reason: fixed quotes.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 23:54   #4386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Dr Naren I have booked 1.6 Delta Premium Silver. Yes your dealer said it accurately. My case is testimony to that.

You did the smart thing with accepting white colour given precarious situation in 1.6 production and amount been paid already. After all white is decent and popular colour with added advantage of lesser heat absorbing too
I just wanted 1.6 S cross in any color/variant. I had convinced my dad with great difficulty for 1.6 and left the color choice to him. Since I have to pay EMI from next month, we decided to go for White color. It would be very frustrating to pay EMI and still wait for the car. White is no nonsense color and pretty decent
Old 10th May 2016, 23:59   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
I just wanted 1.6 S cross in any color/variant. I had convinced my dad with great difficulty for 1.6 and left the color choice to him. Since I have to pay EMI from next month, we decided to go for White color. It would be very frustrating to pay EMI and still wait for the car. White is no nonsense color and pretty decent
I would say it's a smart choice to pickup 1.6 white instead of waiting for Grey.Grey looks good but somehow I don't like it.who knows in worst case scenarios they would have taken another month or two for grey. also white gives you more room for exterior modifications
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 00:49   #4388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
I would say it's a smart choice to pickup 1.6 white instead of waiting for Grey.Grey looks good but somehow I don't like it.who knows in worst case scenarios they would have taken another month or two for grey. also white gives you more room for exterior modifications
True that!!

You will never go wrong with white colour. Momo Win Pro Evo alloys would look much better in white than grey
Old 11th May 2016, 09:23   #4389
BHPian

Quote:

I had booked 1.6 S cross Alpha in Granite grey. I got call from dealer today informing that no S cross 1.6 in grey colour is alloted to them for this month and they have one white color in transit. I convinced my dad and settled for White 1.6 S cross Alpha. Delivery is scheduled within 10 days. Finally getting my 1.6

P. S : I just got my Kwid today and power is really disappointing
Congraz Dr, Finally you settled for white, which is a good choice IMO.

I got my 1.6 Alpha delivered on 9th, already lot of entuzistas ranging form my neighbours to collegues who wants to know more about the car. I have already spent quite sometime in giving demos to them, I guess Nexa SA would have given less demos in a day of this beauty S-cross.
pdeep4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 11:40   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
The car is still getting good reviews. Here is one from the Irish Times, which is a bit ga-ga, and not for the version we will get. This review is for the 4X4 allgrip system. Here is the link: http://www.irishnews.com/lifestyle/m...-cross-515429/

But I am also reading of a 1.6 recall in Australia because they have had some problems with airbags. Don't know if that is the holdup here, too. (See http://www.motoring.com.au/suzuki-re...called-102117/).

Meanwhile, I am planning to book a 1.6 Zeta, grey--if it is being produced. Is there any way to ascertain for sure?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th May 2016 at 13:50. Reason: broken quote fixed
Old 11th May 2016, 12:15   #4391
KBo

I have been keenly following this thread for a fairly long time now! Initially, the high price of the 1.6 variants had sort of put me off, but after the correction, I am back in the market.
I have a 2010 Scorpio MHwak Sle which has done almost 100k so far. Now looking at a replacement and the S-Cross 1.6, the Honda Br-V and of course the XUV 500 are the options I am looking at. I am eagerly waiting for the official review of the Br-V which I hope will help me narrow down my choice but after doing several TDs of the XUV 500 as well as the S-Cross both 1.3 & 1.6 I cannot make up my mind.
My usage pattern is about 75 min daily in city traffic, a highway trip about 400 km both ways a month or two, and about two trips about 800-1000 km both ways a year. I dont need the large size of either the Scorpio or the XUV but I am now just too used to the way it creates its own space on the crowded city roads with auto rickshaws and two wheelers simply moving away.
The confusion is due to the fact that on the one hand there is the excitement of the 1.6 S Cross, but manual transmission and from what I have read here the hard clutch, coupled with super reliability of Maruti Suzuki (which I have experienced....only scheduled servicing appointments once every 5000 km, not a single breakdown related visit in 1.25 k ownership of a Maruti Esteem over 12 yrs) while on the other there is the road presence of the XUV 500, the fabulous MHwak engine, now the auto option even on the W6, but the niggles that ensure that the service manager eventually becomes your best friend!
I was hoping the Br-V would give me the best of both these worlds...but going by whatever I have seen on the net so far, perhaps it would just turn out to be the worst of both....so I would appreciate any advice to help me get out of this dilemma and hope the experienced among the BHPians would come to my help..
Old 11th May 2016, 12:27   #4392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post

Meanwhile, I am planning to book a 1.6 Zeta, grey--if it is being produced. Is there any way to ascertain for sure?
Not sure in Delhi, but in Bangalore dealers are not taking bookings for DDiS320 lower variants.
Old 11th May 2016, 12:46   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBo View Post
Now looking at a replacement and the S-Cross 1.6, the Honda Br-V and of course the XUV 500 are the options I am looking at...
Havind TDed both the XUV500 & S-Cross recently, here are my observations.

S-Cross 1.6 is no good below 2k RPM. But after 2k RPM, it just flies. So, the heavy clutch with that turbo lag will be a real pain in city/hilly driving. I can vouch for that considering my current drive is a Dzire diesel 1.3.

XUV, IMO has a better engine. I was really impressed with its no lag + light clutch combo. Niggles I think are manageable especially in the newer one.

i-DTec is too harsh of an engine. So, if you are considering BR-V go for i-Vtec. It would neither have the zipping effect of 1.6 DDis nor the street presence of XUV, but should keep you happy in terms of reliability.

If your finances permit (initial cost + fuel costs) go for XUV500.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 13:23   #4394
BHPian

Hello friends, got the music system updates to car play. Works neatly with i-phone and gets connected in easily.

Does anyone have an idea about how to get navigation through car play ?
Old 11th May 2016, 14:00   #4395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Not sure in Delhi, but in Bangalore dealers are not taking bookings for DDiS320 lower variants.
Both Delta and Zeta variant of 320DDIS available in Delhi NCR.

They are accepting booking as well.

Surprisingly, the RM (Vipul Nexa) has no info about 1.6 variants being discontinued.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks