Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 14:24   #4396
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Both Delta and Zeta variant of 320DDIS available in Delhi NCR.

They are accepting booking as well.

Surprisingly, the RM (Vipul Nexa) has no info about 1.6 variants being discontinued.
Both the dealers in Mangalore adviced me not to book lower variants of 1.6. They did not say production is discontinued but gave many reasons like low production, less features, not VFM etc. I guess Maruti has advised dealers not to encourage bookings for lower 1.6 variants.
Old 11th May 2016, 14:29   #4397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Havind TDed both the XUV500 & S-Cross recently, here are my observations.

S-Cross 1.6 is no good below 2k RPM. But after 2k RPM, it just flies. So, the heavy clutch with that turbo lag will be a real pain in city/hilly driving. I can vouch for that considering my current drive is a Dzire diesel 1.3.
A slightly contrarian/orthogonal opinion to this. I own a 1.6 Alpha since 10 days, and have so far driven 350km entirely in typical Bangalore bumper-to-bumper rush hour commute.

After a lifetime of driving normally aspirated petrol cars, I am actually finding this car quite easy to handle in city traffic. Very easy. The trick is - you shift gears like a cabbie. There is just enough torque below 1500rpm to keep up with traffic, not more, not less. Just adequate. Between 1500 & 2000rpm, the rise in torque levels will help you close gaps quite easily without risking an accident.

The clutch is actually not hard at all. On par with "enthusiast" oriented cars like Punto, Linea, 1st Gen Figo. Harder than Swift, but not by too much.
KiloAlpha is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 14:59   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Hello friends, got the music system updates to car play. Works neatly with i-phone and gets connected in easily.

Does anyone have an idea about how to get navigation through car play ?
Sorry to burst your bubble. Navigation through carplay in India is officially not supported. I am not sure if there are any hacks on this though.
Old 11th May 2016, 15:15   #4399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBo View Post
I would appreciate any advice to help me get out of this dilemma and hope the experienced among the BHPians would come to my help..
Why don't you have a look at the new Innova. The 174bhp engine AT combo should be as good if not better than the XUV and you won't have to make the Service advisor your best friend too considering its a Toyota. Considering your usage it will last you easily for many years whereas the XUV might be troublesome after 1L kms. Hope this helps.
Old 11th May 2016, 15:21   #4400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshivabull View Post
Meanwhile, I am planning to book a 1.6 Zeta, grey--if it is being produced. Is there any way to ascertain for sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Not sure in Delhi, but in Bangalore dealers are not taking bookings for DDiS320 lower variants.
Quote:

Latest update on 1.6 S Cross

Today Maruti Suzuki has asked dealers to continue taking bookings for all variants of DDiS320. RM's are citing a lead time of ~ 45-50 days.

But going forward the lower variants will be continued/ discontinued based on the booking pattern. But seems this will be available throughout 2016!

Last edited by Eddy : 11th May 2016 at 16:09. Reason: Please post info on the forum for benefit of all readers. Thanks
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 15:24   #4401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
S-Cross 1.6, the Honda Br-V and of course the XUV 500 are the options I am looking at.
BRV is easy to eliminate for me as XUV 5OO offers so much more at a similar price. I had mentioned this in the BRV thread just today.

It would have been tough for me to select between S-Cross 1.6 and XUV 5OO W6 AT. One is totally fun to drive, while the latter is fun combined with practicality. But speaking of practicality also reminds me that XUV is too big for my parking requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Why don't you have a look at the new Innova. The 174bhp engine AT combo should be as good if not better than the XUV and you won't have to make the Service advisor your best friend too considering its a Toyota. Considering your usage it will last you easily for many years whereas the XUV might be troublesome after 1L kms. Hope this helps.
S-Cross is 15.4L, XUV W6 AT is 17.5 around.

Crysta AT barebones base version is 20.27L and the next variant is 26.45L. You can almost get two S-Cross for that price. New Crysta is a nice car IMO as well, but not relevant among this competition and price band anymore.

PS - All prices OTR bangalore.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 15:44   #4402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....I have a 2010 Scorpio MHwak Sle which has done almost 100k so far. Now looking at a replacement and the S-Cross 1.6, the Honda Br-V and of course the XUV 500 are the options I am looking at...
If you don't need the full size of XUV, why not try Creta? It's got a good engine & is a nice car & has presence too. S-Cross will not have the same presence & I am not a big fan of the latest Honda offerings. They simply lost it. BR-V reviews are nothing great either.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 15:50   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
So, the heavy clutch with that turbo lag will be a real pain in city/hilly driving...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
...I own a 1.6 Alpha since 10 days, and have so far driven 350km entirely in typical Bangalore bumper-to-bumper rush hour commute...
I should have been clearer in my post. The heavy clutch gets cumbersome in bumper to bumper traffic, but the lag doesn't really matter because you hardly need torque/power in such conditions.

The lag is really felt when you have to drive in around 30-50 kmph. Driving in higher gear means lugging through the turbo lag, while driving in lower gear means controlling the not needed turbo boost.

With time one tends to adjust through this, as I did with my DZire. I try to drive in 1.6-1.9K RPMs in city.
But for anyone buying a new car, it should be an important consideration.
Old 11th May 2016, 16:46   #4404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Today Maruti Suzuki has asked dealers to continue taking bookings for all variants of DDiS320. RM's are citing a lead time of ~ 45-50 days.

But going forward the lower variants will be continued/ discontinued based on the booking pattern. But seems this will be available throughout 2016!

But, wondering how long they can pull along with existing stock of 1.6 DDIS engine.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 17:17   #4405
Sip
BHPian

Quote:

Surprisingly, the RM (Vipul Nexa) has no info about 1.6 variants being discontinued.
My booking of 1.6 Delta is approximately 50 days old now but still no commitment for car delivery inspite of complaints !

On 05 May RM at PASCO Gurgaon confirmed Delta and Zeta discontinued and no further bookings being taken.

May be what you are saying are later day developments, as Volkman10 have provided a crucial input in this regard ! In other words may be fresh consignment of engines on the way !!

Last edited by Sip : 11th May 2016 at 17:46. Reason: Addition of imp point
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 17:40   #4406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
My booking of 1.6 Delta is approximately 50 days old now but still no commitment for car delivery inspite of complaints !

On 05 May RM at PASCO Gurgaon confirmed Delta and Zeta discontinued and no further bookings being taken.

May be what you are saying are later day developments !
Call up Mr Deepak Sagar +919599814778 (Vipul Nexa).
He can get you a 1.6 within 2 weeks of booking.

EDIT :1.6 Zeta Granite grey is readily available right now.

Last edited by kpzen : 11th May 2016 at 17:58.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 19:24   #4407
BHPian

Quote:
Latest update on 1.6 S Cross

Thanks a lot for this information volkman10. I hope this stays true. One of my friend is looking to book either the delta / zeta 1.6 variant as he is on a stretched budget already and this news couldn't have come at a better time
Old 11th May 2016, 21:45   #4408
KBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
You have a point there but then the cost is also a factor. I have not test driven the new Innova but when I bought the Scorpio in 2010, I had extensively driven both and found the Scorpio more fun to drive. Of course if I was more of a back seat occupant the Innova was a no brainer!

Thanks for your input. I drove the Creta and somehow didnt particularly fancy the way it handles on the expressway. Thought the steering too light too. Fortunately, I dont have parking space issues at home & at work, plus using the Scorpio I'm sort of used to the size. Guess with the inputs from all you guys I am inching closer to the XUV 500 W6. AT or MT remains to be answered in my mind though!
On a different note, do you feel I would be compromising too much going in for W6 instead of W8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
A slightly contrarian/orthogonal opinion to this.
==========
The clutch is actually not hard at all. On par with "enthusiast" oriented cars like Punto, Linea, 1st Gen Figo. Harder than Swift, but not by too much.
Thats interesting to know! Personally, I found the clutch in the 1.6 surely lighter than in my Scorpio but then thats hardly a compliment! The XUV clutch felt even lighter, almost like a petrol hatch! But here on TBHP I have read a lot of members feel its a bit too hard in the 1.6. Any thoughts?

Last edited by ampere : 11th May 2016 at 22:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 12th May 2016, 00:22   #4409
BHPian

S cross 1.6's clutch is no where as light as the Punto/Linea. These fiat's have the lightest clutches available in the market, even though the travel is quite long.
Old 12th May 2016, 06:56   #4410
BHPian

The dealer at Kochi says that they get only 3-4 1.6s per month. Currently they have a number limit on the 1.6. Moreover he feels that Maruti is getting ready for making the 1.6 in India.

At a dealer meeting, MSIL has revealed that more models would come out with the 1.6. However Grand Vitara would not come anytime soon as Breeza is already here. No news of an S Cross facelift any time soon. He was saying that Maruti has plans of the "Make in India" 1.6 DDIS 320 in the Ciaz. I am not convinced but lets see.

Will be going for the test drives starting today. Will be driving the 1.6 and remapped 1.3 back to back. Creta and Duster AMT TDs will follow.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks