Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 12:47   #4456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
In Baleno, VIN is 17 digit on both places.

I have asked for only Mats, Mud flaps and Alloys (Brezza). Any other accessories recommended? I am considering following things.

1. Rear spoiler
2. Illuminated door sills

Thanks!!
Congrats Doc!!

Which alloys have you planned for?? The OE one which comes with the Brezza or the Machined one which is available for the as MGA?? Both cost roughly the same.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 12:50   #4457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Congrats Doc!!

Which alloys have you planned for?? The OE one which comes with the Brezza or the Machined one which is available for the as MGA?? Both cost roughly the same.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks buddy!!

I did not know about 2 types of Alloys for Brezza. I asked the dealer to put alloys of OE Brezza.

@STORM_REGALION I will try my best buddy. I am getting only corporate discount of 10k as of now.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th May 2016 at 12:52.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 12:57   #4458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy!!

I did not know about 2 types of Alloys for Brezza. I asked the dealer to put alloys of OE Brezza.
Kinsly visit this link for the MGA alloy design and prices

Click to View

Personally, I love the machined alloy design. This was the same which was displayed at the EXPO sans the color coded alloy theme. But then again, it also depends on the personal tastes and more importantly-the colour of your vehicle.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th May 2016 at 13:00.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 13:06   #4459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Kinsly visit this link for the MGA alloy design and prices

Click to View

Personally, I love the machined alloy design. This was the same which was displayed at the EXPO sans the color coded alloy theme. But then again, it also depends on the personal tastes and more importantly-the colour of your vehicle.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks a lot buddy!!

Those Machined alloys look more sporty. I sent pics of it to RM and asked him to check if it's in stock.

Thanks once again for the advice at right time
Old 13th May 2016, 13:12   #4460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot buddy!!

Those Machined alloys look more sporty. I sent pics of it to RM and asked him to check if it's in stock.

Thanks once again for the advice at right time
Pleasure is mine buddy. After all, with the right set of alloys, its me who'll be drooling over your car. Hence its a selfish act.

BTW, I have also posted the part numbers and price for the alloys(in the link provided). Even if the part isn't in stock, you can always order them by quoting the part numbers, and it won't take them more than 2 weeks to get the alloys. Also I would recommend to get all the 5 wheels as alloys.

How much are they offering you as the buyback for the stock S-Cross alloys??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 13:24   #4461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pleasure is mine buddy. After all, with the right set of alloys, its me who'll be drooling over your car. Hence its a selfish act.

BTW, I have also posted the part numbers and price for the alloys(in the link provided). Even if the part isn't in stock, you can always order them by quoting the part numbers, and it won't take them more than 2 weeks to get the alloys. Also I would recommend to get all the 5 wheels as alloys.

How much are they offering you as the buyback for the stock S-Cross alloys??

Regards,
Shashi
Nexa dealer said no to buyback stock alloys. They have offered me to keep the alloys in showroom and sell if they get any customer. This would translate into almost flat exchange and an awesome deal. But I do not think anyone would buy Dealer has 2015 stock S cross alloys unsold. A fellow Bhpian from bangalore is interested to purchase the Alloys.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:31   #4462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nexa dealer said no to buyback stock alloys. They have offered me to keep the alloys in showroom and sell if they get any customer. This would translate into almost flat exchange and an awesome deal. But I do not think anyone would buy Dealer has 2015 stock S cross alloys unsold. A fellow Bhpian from bangalore is interested to purchase the Alloys.
A few months back, one of my close friends was eyeing the S-Cross. At that time, the Vitara was unveiled at the expo. We had also planned to swap the alloys with those on the Brezza. Although the NEXA RM was useless and didn't agree on the buyback, we contacted the MGA section of the normal Maruti showroom(which also owned the NEXA). They immediately agreed to buyback the stock alloys of S-Cross and offered us their landing cost(close to 4600 per alloy).

Its another matter entirely that my friend liked the Brezza more and eventually went for it.

I'd request you to kindly check with the MGA section of the regular dealer. They might be able to give you a good deal.

Regards,
Shashi

Edit-Just noticed that you have already committed your alloys to a BHPian. Thats awesome, its always better to be within the family.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th May 2016 at 13:34.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 13:41   #4463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A few months back, one of my close friends was eyeing the S-Cross. At that time, the Vitara was unveiled at the expo. We had also planned to swap the alloys with those on the Brezza. Although the NEXA RM was useless and didn't agree on the buyback, we contacted the MGA section of the normal Maruti showroom(which also owned the NEXA). They immediately agreed to buyback the stock alloys of S-Cross and offered us their landing cost(close to 4600 per alloy).

Its another matter entirely that my friend liked the Brezza more and eventually went for it.

I'd request you to kindly check with the MGA section of the regular dealer. They might be able to give you a good deal.

Regards,
Shashi

Edit-Just noticed that you have already committed your alloys to a BHPian. Thats awesome, its always better to be within the family.
Do you have any pictures of that S cross with Brezza alloys?
Old 13th May 2016, 13:42   #4464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you have any pictures of that S cross with Brezza alloys?
No sir. As I have mentioned in my post, my friend eventually decided to get the Brezza.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:19   #4465
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! The machine finished alloys of Brezza are very good looking. I am going to visit Maruti showroom tomorrow and will try and crack the deal.

OT: If you search 'Brezza' in Google, the first link that appears is 'Ford EcoSport @Rs 6.68 - ford.com‎'
Old 13th May 2016, 14:30   #4466
Senior - BHPian

So many people have been talking about the turbo lag on 1.6 vis a vis the same on 1.3.

I happened to chance upon the below torque curve for 1.6 litre Multijet II engine. As can be seen, right from around 1100 rpm, the engine produces more than 200 Nm of torque.

It goes on to produce a humongous 320 NM at 1750 and the resulting spike pushes you back to your seat in a way which I believe leads to the feeling of exaggerated turbo lag.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.6-torque-curve.jpg

Does not really seem as dead to me. Specially when it generates more torque than 1.3 DDIS from very early on.

Last edited by vibbs : 13th May 2016 at 14:33.
vibbs is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 16:50   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
I will check that buddy. I am not comfortable about drilling holes.
Rear spoiler can be fitted with drilling of two holes for the bolts. I had done that in my S-Cross. Unfortunately, there are no mechanisms to attach the rear spoiler without drilling holes for the anchor bolts.

The total cost came around 6K. 4K for the spoiler and 2K for the matching paint work. Spoiler comes as a bare-bone unit and it has to be painted to the matching colour before it can be fitted.

Last edited by Sree73 : 13th May 2016 at 16:54. Reason: Added information
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 16:52   #4468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Rear spoiler can be fitted with drilling of two holes for the bolts. I had done that in my S-Cross. Unfortunately, there are no mechanisms to attach the rear spoiler without drilling holes for the anchor bolts.
Thanks for the info buddy. I will consider rear spoiler during my first service. As I said, not happy with drilling holes
Old 13th May 2016, 19:29   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
So many people have been talking about the turbo lag on 1.6 vis a vis the same on 1.3.

I happened to chance upon the below torque curve for 1.6 litre Multijet II engine. As can be seen, right from around 1100 rpm, the engine produces more than 200 Nm of torque.
Guys,

Left out the source so sharing the link here. Can't vouch for authenticity, but have seen similar graphs elsewhere too.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/cu...4x2_cross.html
Old 13th May 2016, 21:24   #4470
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad News

A birdie shared this info with me. When Maruti service centre guys went to factory for Vitara Brezza training, they got information that Maruti won't import any new 1.6 engines. Production would be eventually stopped after stocks are exhausted. He also said Maruti might localise this engine or develop their own engine for future models. I can't say how authentic this information is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks