Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2016, 21:51   #4606
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Click on the red highlighted notification - "Important information for S-Cross customers"
Thanks Sree. My blue mystique is also recalled for update :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
How did you check for notification?
Open nexaexperience.com, on top there is a link "Important information for S-cross customers". Click on it and enter your vin number.
Old 19th May 2016, 22:36   #4607
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post

Thanks Sree. My blue mystique is also recalled for update.
Why are you sad buddy? You must be happy.

Maruti is recalling to rectify a problem that they noticed and want to sort it out before something wrong happens and creates ruckus. It is good that they are admitting the mistake and rectifying it rather than being silent.

Initiating a recall in such scale is a tough job and requires guts. Many shy away from the car/brand when they see a recall but I am always happy and take it positively.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 23:56   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Thanks Sree. My blue mystique is also recalled for update :(
You should be glad bro. Think about it - you have been driving an apparently defective car which will be rectified now!
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 06:30   #4609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why are you sad buddy? You must be happy.

Maruti is recalling to rectify a problem that they noticed and want to sort it out before something wrong happens and creates ruckus. It is good that they are admitting the mistake and rectifying it rather than being silent.

Initiating a recall in such scale is a tough job and requires guts. Many shy away from the car/brand when they see a recall but I am always happy and take it positively.
+1

Recalls should never be considered negatively. It shows the commitment from the manufacturer towards their customers / business. The recall does not mean that you are driving a faulty machine. They have noticed a potential issue in one of the brake parts and would like to be cent percent sure about the product. Hence the recall of all the vehicles in that particular time period.

I will call up the SM / RM today and see what is the schedule they have for this arrangement.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 07:57   #4610
BHPian

I have posted earlier about the braking issue in my car earlier. I get lot of vibrations above 100 kmph and its scary. The car just vibrates a lot. Those are the only vibrations I get and I don't experience the other vibrations while traveling at high speeds as reported by others. I got a letter from Maruti asking for feedback. I mentioned both the problems to them and mailed them back. I checked my VIN and my vehicle has been recalled.
Congratulations to all the new S cross owners. You'll surely love the car. I'm sure people who follow Team BHP have been influenced a lot to get S cross, 1.6 in particular. My decision to by S cross was purely because of this thread. I hadn't taken a test drive and I booked my car. Thanks to all members.
Dani7766 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 09:14   #4611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

I will call up the SM / RM today and see what is the schedule they have for this arrangement.
Info from SA,

Recall is initiated due to a few reported cases of sweating observed near the caliper- rear brakes ( piston seal?).
In order to contain this, the service campaign is initiated and seems the caliper/ parts will be checked and replaced if needed.

Parts are not yet in stock and the dealer will contact the respective owners.

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th May 2016 at 09:35.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 09:42   #4612
BHPian

recalls are always good for car owners.indian mindset is different. car is recalled means something seriously wrong with car.the day when we change this mindset more and more car manufacturers will initiate recalls openly.
OT:
i am planning to get glossy black vinyl wrapping on roof top of Blue Scross.i am thinking about get it done locally for around 3k.any idea about 3M prices? if i am not wrong then 3M will charge close to 8k.Any major difference in quality? i will be happy if vinyl holds its shine for atleast 2 years.
Old 20th May 2016, 09:47   #4613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
OT:
i am planning to get glossy black vinyl wrapping on roof top of Blue Scross.i am thinking about get it done locally for around 3k.any idea about 3M prices? if i am not wrong then 3M will charge close to 8k.Any major difference in quality? i will be happy if vinyl holds its shine for atleast 2 years.
Brezza effect

For 3M black Vinyl wrap in gloss will cost you INR 13k+ . This is actually the price quoted for Vitara Brezza. For S Cross expect it to be more!

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th May 2016 at 09:48.
Old 20th May 2016, 09:47   #4614
BANNED

Quote:
Any major difference in quality? i will be happy if vinyl holds its shine for atleast 2 years.
Difference could be for the material used and also quality of work.

Their workmanship is good enough. Rates are higher I agree.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 09:49   #4615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am planning to get glossy black vinyl wrapping on roof top of Blue Scross.i am thinking about get it done locally for around 3k.any idea about 3M prices? if i am not wrong then 3M will charge close to 8k. Any major difference in quality? i will be happy if vinyl holds its shine for atleast 2 years.
3M is a bit expensive but rest assured quality is top notch plus at any point of time if you feel you need to remove, the vinyl peels off easily without leaving any traces of smudge or residues but with the help of a heating gun. Since you are opting for Gloss it can be maintained easily.
PS- I checked whether my car is under the recall program and glad to note it isn't even though the manufacturing date is April 2016.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 20th May 2016 at 09:50.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 09:51   #4616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
PS- I checked whether my car is under the recall program and glad to note it isn't even though the manufacturing date is April 2016.
Service campaign is for vehicles manufactured till Feb 2016.
Old 20th May 2016, 10:07   #4617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Brezza effect

For 3M black Vinyl wrap in gloss will cost you INR 13k+ . This is actually the price quoted for Vitara Brezza. For S Cross expect it to be more!
wow that's almost 4 times costlier i am not planning to wrap pillars.also after spending around 15k we get only 1 years warranty.seems like i am going to get it done from local reputed shop.
My car is getting some white spots on roof. got it inspected from Service centre and they told me paint is damaged because of bird droppings ( trust me i have never seen enough bird droppings on my car though and when i see it i instantly clean it with shampoo water).
its more like precautionary job rather than Cosmetic upgrade.entire roof can be painted for 7k after 20% discount from service center bodyshop.i will prefer painting it in glossy black permanently over 15k 3M vinyls.

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 20th May 2016 at 10:32.
Old 20th May 2016, 10:19   #4618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
will prefer painting it in glossy black permanently over 15k 3M vinyls.
Advantage with 3M wraps is you can get the original look by removing the wrap from 3M itself without any damage to the original paint.

For bird droppings/ tree sap it is highly recommended to get the 3M UV protect that repel bird dropping, heat, acid rain, etc.
Old 20th May 2016, 10:31   #4619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Advantage with 3M wraps is you can get the original look by removing the wrap from 3M itself without any damage to the original paint.

For bird droppings/ tree sap it is highly recommended to get the 3M UV protect that repel bird dropping, heat, acid rain, etc.
i already have annual maintenance package from 3m which includes uv protection too.till now i have only done 3M paint sealant.damage is already done so painting seems like better option now.i guess i need to get UV protection done soon.
Old 20th May 2016, 11:11   #4620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have submitted my car for 2nd free service today at sai service Borivali. They also diagnosed the black smoke issue successfully again( as rakesh suggested air filter and intercooler cleaned) They told me they can solve the problem temporarily buy washing exhaust but for permanent solution they diagnosed it fully.
Sahil,

What was happening here ?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1463672694131.jpg

Most Viewed