Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 12:11   #4636
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

A question for all of you fellow S-Cross owners. I recently logged into the Nexa App for the first time and checked the service history of my car. I took the delivery of my car in January and the App is showing that the car has a service named "Body Repair" in December. I'm wondering what this service was about. Do all of you guys also have something like this in the service history of your car? Please let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160521_120703.jpg  

Old 21st May 2016, 12:50   #4637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
A question for all of you fellow S-Cross owners. I recently logged into the Nexa App for the first time and checked the service history of my car. I took the delivery of my car in January and the App is showing that the car has a service named "Body Repair" in December. I'm wondering what this service was about. Do all of you guys also have something like this in the service history of your car? Please let me know
That looks very suspicious if you have taken the delivery in Jan. Have you done any PDI before saying okay for the car?

Body repair can be anything. It can be simple touch-up for paint to major repair. So, its tough to actually suggest anything with that information. But, better get the full details of the repair and then you can take a call.

Girish
Old 21st May 2016, 12:54   #4638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
That looks very suspicious if you have taken the delivery in Jan. Have you done any PDI before saying okay for the car?

Body repair can be anything. It can be simple touch-up for paint to major repair. So, its tough to actually suggest anything with that information. But, better get the full details of the repair and then you can take a call.

Girish
I did do the PDI but I did it in the first week of January. This has been done on 31/12/2015. Wondering why would they have done it as the car only had 10 kms on the odo
Old 21st May 2016, 13:39   #4639
BHPian

Quote:
I did do the PDI but I did it in the first week of January. This has been done on 31/12/2015. Wondering why would they have done it as the car only had 10 kms on the odo
Body repair can be brushing of a minor scratch. The car might have been subjected to some minor body repairs before you had taken the delivery.
Old 21st May 2016, 13:39   #4640
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
It could be minor repair, may be in transit or post transit handling. I say minor because you didn't detect it during PDI. You may have a re-look at whole body minutely and avoid further anxiety.

To err is human but not so with computers!

Last edited by Sip : 21st May 2016 at 13:42. Reason: Addition of point
Old 21st May 2016, 13:52   #4641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Body repair can be brushing of a minor scratch. The car might have been subjected to some minor body repairs before you had taken the delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
It could be minor repair, may be in transit or post transit handling. I say minor because you didn't detect it during PDI. You may have a re-look at whole body minutely and avoid further anxiety.

To err is human but not so with computers!
I did have a thorough look at the car but didn't find anything wrong. Is it something to be worried about? Because, my car is running absolutely fine without any issues.
Old 21st May 2016, 14:07   #4642
BHPian

Quote:
I did have a thorough look at the car but didn't find anything wrong. Is it something to be worried about? Because, my car is running absolutely fine without any issues.
I do not think you have to be worried about anything. It might be a minor body repair like scratch or minor dent. If you wanted get the details, you can get it from the service centre.

By the by, anyone knows what is the grace period for the PUC certificate. I thought PUC to be taken after 1 Year of the date of manufacture. But, I could not see any documentary proof for this aspect. During my last week trip to Mumbai, I was caught by the police in Mumbai and was fined Rs. 800 for not having PUC. The car is 10 months old and the police says that the grace period is only 6 months from the date of manufacture.

Last edited by Sree73 : 21st May 2016 at 14:19. Reason: Added information
Old 21st May 2016, 14:16   #4643

Quote:
When the vehicles are delivered to the dealers from the plant, they conduct a thorough inspection of the vehicle, typically known as PDI. If any defect/part failure is noticed, they open a PDI Job Card and replace/repair the affected part as per the guidelines of the manufacturer and claim it under PDI warranty. The PDI Job Card does not appear in the vehicle history post the sale of the vehicle. Even if it does, it is listed under the head 'Before Delivery Work'.

In your case, it is listed as 'Body Repair', which implies that the job was done after the vehicle was invoiced to you, in which case, the Job Card could not have been opened under PDI. Also, it would reflect in your vehicle history till the time the vehicle remains commissioned. Please check whether the vehicle invoice date and the actual delivery date are same or not.

All of this does not, at all, mean that you have been cheated or deprived of a vehicle in perfect condition. If the dealer has done a thorough job, nine out of ten times you will not be able to make out the panel which has been repainted. If it does not hamper the aesthetics or handling of the car, it should not cause any concern.

Enjoy your ride as you have already crossed the break-in mark.
Parryontheprowl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 14:30   #4644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By the by, anyone knows what is the grace period for the PUC certificate.
Six months from the date of purchase is correct.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 17:25   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Am I doing something wrong here? Mine is a Jul 15 make and throws this error.
It is 1SOO (One S oh oh). I am assuming you have entered 1S00 (1S Zero Zero) which is wrong. I too did 1S Zero Zero at first and got "Incomplete Chassis Number" message. .
Old 21st May 2016, 17:50   #4646

Note from Support : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st May 2016 at 19:28. Reason: Post removed. See note.
320NmThunder is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st May 2016, 18:58   #4647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
It is 1SOO (One S oh oh). I am assuming you have entered 1S00 (1S Zero Zero) which is wrong. I too did 1S Zero Zero at first and got "Incomplete Chassis Number" message. .
For me the number is 1S zero zero only and it's the correct number.. What I feel is that he entered 'I' instead of 1 (one)
Old 21st May 2016, 19:18   #4648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
wow that's almost 4 times costlier i am not planning to wrap pillars.also after spending around 15k we get only 1 years warranty.seems like i am going to get it done from local reputed shop.....
Just make sure you get the job done from a reputed shop and also ask them to use good quality stuff. Tell them you might want to remove after a couple of years and you don't want any damage. When I got the stripes done on my Swift, this is what I told them and they said that shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
...By the by, anyone knows what is the grace period for the PUC certificate. I thought PUC to be taken after 1 Year of the date of manufacture. But, I could not see any documentary proof for this aspect...
As I understand, the first PUC is valid for 1 year (factory done) and then you need to renew every 6 months. Not sure what's the "grace period" mean.

I believe this is mentioned on the sticker on the windshield. I distinctly remember seeing it on my Swift (believe it was mentioned on the windshield sticker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320NmThunder View Post
...Any views on D Max V cross?...l
Why don't you take a good test drive of V-Max personally and then decide? You probably will miss out on the fast cruising ability if you choose the D-max, but then it all boils down to your preference. If you sell S-Cross, be ready to take a good hit on the re-sale.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st May 2016 at 21:35. Reason: As requested.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:00   #4649
BHPian

Quote:
For me the number is 1S zero zero only and it's the correct number.. What I feel is that he entered 'I' instead of 1 (one)
Yes, you are right. it is 1 S Zero Zero.
I tired multiple variations trial and error, entering the same number again and again. Sometimes there is no response either. Eventually I got it right. Page is a bit buggy I guess . Refreshing your page before attempting to enter the VIN again helps, if it showed "Incomplete Chassis Number" on your earlier attempt.

Mods: Please delete my earlier post. I should have been a bit more careful. I Apologize.
Mr.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:10   #4650
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to lay my grubby paws on a S-Cross 1.6 Alpha yesterday. Had a short test drive in it and here are my observations.
  • To repeat what's become a cliche by now, the boost just off 2k rpm is just awesome. It is addictive. That said, it takes some time to program yourself to be prompt in downshifting especially when you have been spoilt by a car like the Polo GT which has a great midrange.
  • The car has decent torque for ambling about but when you want to zip through the gap in traffic youve got to downshift. Else by the time the engine spools up the gap will be gone.
  • I was impressed by the voice command demo. However it takes a bit of time to get the accent down.
  • I am not sure whether it was an overenthusiastic polish job but the black dash was just too shiny. I noticed this on when I had gone to another dealership as well.
  • Behind the wheel, I felt that the car was solid. Even when going over some rough patches, there was no unnecessary vibe from the steering column. The ride was great too.
  • Coming off the Polo, I did not feel any issues adjusting to the size of the car and as able to judge the width and length quite well in a few minutes.
  • The front seats are quite supportive but I feel that the back seats could gave been better contoured. You do not get the feeling of sitting in them rather sitting on them.
  • Legroom was very good in the back seat.
  • Really liked the tilt and telescopic feature on the steering. Allows you to get to a good seating position very easily.
  • Liked the armrest. Very intutive. Unlike the one in the Vento which always manages to foul with your elbow when shifting gears.
  • Shape is a bit bland, offend no one type. Must has been said about the alloys, but after reading the aerodynamic approaches in the brochure, I wonder whether form had been sacrifices in the interest of lowering the air resistance around the wheels and getting better fuel efficiency figures. And more closed and they would have one of those hybrid car alloys.
  • The Nexa executives are better than in my last experience which means Maruti is listening. Nexa may do to entry level luxury brands in India, what Lexus did to the luxury brands in the US.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks