Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:06   #4666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
For the last 2 diesel tank fulls, the FE has dropped to 14-15 kmpl from ~17 in city conditions. I was stuck in 2 epic traffic jams, which really killed the average, but those were 2 incidences. I always maintain recommended tyre pressure and also serviced the car regularly so far.

Only thing that I have not done is wheel alignment and balancing. Do you guys think that would affect the FE so drastically? I know it does affect to an extent, but not a 2-3 kmpl drop.

I always fill Shell diesel without fail, so bad fuel is also ruled out.
You said it yourself; you were stuck in 2 epic traffic jams. What better explanation do you need?

Alignment and balancing can have a small effect on FE but that would be unnoticeable at city speeds. Perhaps you have a son that sneaks the car out in the night? I say that because I used to do such things when I was a kid There could be a host of reasons but at the end of the day, I don't think you need to worry. Some of us struggle to get beyond 8 in city traffic saar! You should be more than satisfied with your mileage figures and the low price you pay for fuel.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:20   #4667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
He got to know from some distant friend working in Overdrive that SHVS S-Cross is expected to get launched within a month? Is it true? Because if it is, then we could expect a further price reduction in S-Cross.
I am most probably going to take a plunge with the 1.3 S-Cross Zeta sometime this week. When I checked with the SA, they did not confirm about the SHVS systems coming in. A cursory net search also did not reveal any impending launch.

Since the guys are quoting a wait period of 30 days, hoping that even after booking, if the hybrid gets launched, can change my booking to it. Anyways, will give a call to the SA and ask him once again.
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:32   #4668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For the last 2 diesel tank fulls, the FE has dropped to 14-15 kmpl from ~17 in city conditions. I was stuck in 2 epic traffic jams, which really killed the average, but those were 2 incidences. I always maintain recommended tyre pressure and also serviced the car regularly so far.

Only thing that I have not done is wheel alignment and balancing. Do you guys think that would affect the FE so drastically? I know it does affect to an extent, but not a 2-3 kmpl drop.

When you are aware about the cause for drop, why think too much and make the situation complex?! If you have not done Wheel Alignment/Balancing then go ahead and do it but don't expect it to bring the FE back to 17

At times thinking too much is not good as well. Enjoy your drive
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:35   #4669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I am most probably going to take a plunge with the 1.3 S-Cross Zeta sometime this week. When I checked with the SA, they did not confirm about the SHVS systems coming in. A cursory net search also did not reveal any impending launch.

Since the guys are quoting a wait period of 30 days, hoping that even after booking, if the hybrid gets launched, can change my booking to it. Anyways, will give a call to the SA and ask him once again.
I dont think the 1.3 Zeta has a 30 Day waiting period, unless you ask for pearl blue. This is just the dealer playing cautious. One you book, you will see that the car becomes readily available.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:47   #4670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I dont think the 1.3 Zeta has a 30 Day waiting period, unless you ask for pearl blue. This is just the dealer playing cautious. One you book, you will see that the car becomes readily available.
Oh ok. Thought so too. But pearl blue is the color which I am thinking of at the moment . Let me check with him to see what colors are available readily off the shelf
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:02   #4671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am most probably going to take a plunge with the 1.3 S-Cross Zeta sometime this week.

Welcome to the club!

30 days waiting period is not applicable to 1.3 SCross, unless your dealer is selling them like hot cakes or has none in stock. In a normal case, after all documentation and loan processes are done, delivery should not take more than 2 weeks, at max.
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:35   #4672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Many congratulations Ananthc. Here's wishing you miles of happiness. You've made a wise decision by going for S-Cross 1.3 Zeta variant as it is the most value for money variant. After the price cuts, we all know 1.6 variant is a VFM too but its in a different league all together. An ownership review would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Keynote for your wishes. Apologies for missing your post earlier. Its been 10 days now since my S-Cross is with me and is going fine with few initial observations

Quote:

Hi Arvind- S Cross 1.3 zeta is definitely VFM. I had taken delivery of my Zeta 1.3 on 11th May. My dealer had earlier quoted 25 days of waiting period and did get delivery around the same time as my vehicle had been in transit. By the way which dealer did you book your car in chennai and what is the on road price?

Also my dealer did not mention anything on the SHVS system being deployed in S-Cross- so it may take sometime if this being the case.

Hi All, It been 10 days since I had taken delivery of my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta and have couple of queries to the experts- Please help advise me:

The dashboard reflection in my windshield is very disturbing when driving. I am not sure whether this is due to the dashboard polish done by the dealer during delivery and will it reduce as days pass by? If not, what is the solution for this? I am thinking of putting CR70 film from 3M but not sure whether this will solve this issue?

I have driven around 500+ KMs till date. I am planning for long trip early next week which will cover around 1200 KMS. Will it be prudent if I perform the 1st due service now or give my car later for the service after my return? If I give it later, my total KMS run will be around 1500 and hence will it breach warranty?

Apart from the dashboard issue, I do not have any other problem and am very satisfied with my purchase of first diesel car. I am getting used to the slightly heavier clutch when compared to my petrol cars!

Please advise on the above 2 issues. Thanks in advance.

Regards, AnanthC

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th May 2016 at 06:30. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:05   #4673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post

I have driven around 500+ KMs till date. I am planning for long trip early next week which will cover around 1200 KMS. Will it be prudent if I perform the 1st due service now or give my car later for the service after my return? If I give it later, my total KMS run will be around 1500 and hence will it breach warranty?
I would suggest you to get the first service done before the long trip since your car will run 500km more than the prescribed limit. Getting the service done will also ensure all the fluids are topped up and a general check up is done.
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:07   #4674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The first service will be on checking of fluids and torque values for screws etc. Since it is a long distance trip I advise you to do the First service before the trip!
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:14   #4675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It could be as simple as a clogged air filter. Do check that, replace if necessary. A clean air filter always helps in getting good performance and efficiency.
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:19   #4676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, It been 10 days since I had taken delivery of my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta and have couple of queries to the experts- Please help advise me:

The dashboard reflection in my windshield is very disturbing when driving. I am not sure whether this is due to the dashboard polish done by the dealer during delivery and will it reduce as days pass by? If not, what is the solution for this? I am thinking of putting CR70 film from 3M but not sure whether this will solve this issue?

Apart from the dashboard issue, I do not have any other problem and am very satisfied with my purchase of first diesel car. I am getting used to the slightly heavier clutch when compared to my petrol cars!

Please advise on the above 2 issues. Thanks in advance.

Regards, AnanthC
Dashboard Reflections:
I noticed the dashboard reflections in my S-Cross too - in fact, I really did not notice too much until after I read your post. Maybe because I used to drive a 1st gen Figo, which was also notorious for having dashboard reflections on the windscreen. So maybe I am used to it and have learned to ignore it.
Nothing much you can do about it. Putting CR70 on the windshield will make it worse. I speak from experience - I had that applied on my Figo too!
The cause of this is the relative angle between the windshield and the dashboard top. Not much that any customer can do about this.
The only way I know of, is to stick on some material on the dash top which will make it less reflective. Yes, the dealer applied "polish" does make the reflections worse.

Long Trip:
I am faced with the same scenario. My S-Cross has done just over 600km, with a long trip coming up this weekend. I am giving my car for 1st service on Wednesday. For keeping your warranty intact, I would recommend that you get it serviced before you go.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:33   #4677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Nothing much you can do about it. Putting CR70 on the windshield will make it worse. I speak from experience - I had that applied on my Figo too!
The cause of this is the relative angle between the windshield and the dashboard top. Not much that any customer can do about this.
The only way I know of, is to stick on some material on the dash top which will make it less reflective. Yes, the dealer applied "polish" does make the reflections worse.
You can try checking with polarized sunglass once. I faced this issue with Dzire before and polarized sunglass helped a lot to cover this issue.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:10   #4678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arvind- S Cross 1.3 zeta is definitely VFM. I had taken delivery of my Zeta 1.3 on 11th May. My dealer had earlier quoted 25 days of waiting period and did get delivery around the same time as my vehicle had been in transit. By the way which dealer did you book your car in chennai and what is the on road price?

Also my dealer did not mention anything on the SHVS system being deployed in S-Cross- so it may take sometime if this being the case.
I am in talks with both Popular and OMR Nexa. The current quoted price inclusive of everything is 11.37L. Will go with the best offer I guess. What was the final price for you?
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:52   #4679
BHPian

Quote:

I have CR70 film from 3M on the front windshield and believe me, it does nothing for reflections. Experienced the worse just today itself :(
Polarised sunglasses really help though.

Quote:
Dashboard Reflections:
Long Trip:
I am faced with the same scenario. My S-Cross has done just over 600km, with a long trip coming up this weekend. I am giving my car for 1st service on Wednesday. For keeping your warranty intact, I would recommend that you get it serviced before you go.
I was in a similar dilemma and went in the other direction instead. Called one of the RM from the service and enquired about going out of station with a total distance of close to 800km. My first service is actually at 1300 km and I see no problem with it.

Girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:08   #4680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I have CR70 film from 3M on the front windshield and believe me, it does nothing for reflections. Experienced the worse just today itself :(
Polarised sunglasses really help though.

I was in a similar dilemma and went in the other direction instead. Called one of the RM from the service and enquired about going out of station with a total distance of close to 800km. My first service is actually at 1300 km and I see no problem with it.
Thanks Girish- Based on the comments -looks like the reflections are here to stay and it will be a slight discomfort and need to live with it

I will also check with my service advisor on the service bit. As suggested by many, I will get the service done prior to my travel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You can try checking with polarized sunglass once. I faced this issue with Dzire before and polarized sunglass helped a lot to cover this issue.
Thanks arun. Will have to try this and cover this issue as there is not other option. But this is irritating to the core while driving mid day

Quote:
I am in talks with both Popular and OMR Nexa. The current quoted price inclusive of everything is 11.37L. Will go with the best offer I guess. What was the final price for you?
Hi Arvind- I had taken my car from popular nandanam and they had quite 11.38 L. Since I had taken my car on lease and few people in our forum mentioned that they had got a discount of 27K, I had bargained based on that and got the same. My final price was 11.11L and also got some discount on the accessories. Please let me know if I can be of any help and I can ask my Sales RM to touch base with you. Happy to help.

Quote:
Dashboard Reflections:
I noticed the dashboard reflections in my S-Cross too - in fact, I really did not notice too much until after I read your post. Maybe because I used to drive a 1st gen Figo, which was also notorious for having dashboard reflections on the windscreen. So maybe I am used to it and have learned to ignore it.

Long Trip:
Thanks KiloAlpha- Looks like the dashboard issue will be a permanent issue. Had tough time now while returning back from office with this reflections. One of the options suggested is to have polarised glasses and probably you can try too.

With respect to the service, as advised I will give the car for service prior to my trip so that I do not have any dilemma whether warranty will be breached or not.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th May 2016 at 06:33. Reason: Merging back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks