Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:30   #4681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Hi Arvind- I had taken my car from popular nandanam and they had quite 11.38 L. Since I had taken my car on lease and few people in our forum mentioned that they had got a discount of 27K, I had bargained based on that and got the same. My final price was 11.11L and also got some discount on the accessories. Please let me know if I can be of any help and I can ask my Sales RM to touch base with you. Happy to help
Thank you. The discount that I have been given as of now is 10k corporate discount. The SA I am interacting with, his name is Pradeep. I guess its better to take it offline as I do not want this to go OT. Let me know the name of your SA and I can see how much I can bargain. Once again, thanks for your help!!
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:30   #4682
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Manuj Mohla for sharing!

Quote:
There have been a lot of members requesting for a pic of the S-Cross with Vitara Brezza alloys. Got my Caffeine brown S-Cross 1.6 Delta with Vitara Brezza alloys from Pasco Udyog Vihar for Rs. 22,400 all inclusive.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross-brezza-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:37   #4683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Thank you. The discount that I have been given as of now is 10k corporate discount. The SA I am interacting with, his name is Pradeep. I guess its better to take it offline as I do not want this to go OT. Let me know the name of your SA and I can see how much I can bargain. Once again, thanks for your help!!
Hi Aravind- My SA is Harish and you can refer my name to him. I will be calling him shortly for discussing some other item and will update him on our discussion. I am unable to PM you- not sure if this is because of the rights as I am newbie to this forum and hence replying you here.
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:53   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Manuj Mohla for sharing!
Brezza alloys look nice, especially on this colour. Although they look similar to Terrano's wheels, they suit the UV-ish car designs really well. At ~22k, this is a steal considering the quality of Maruti OEM alloys. IIRC New Swift OEM alloys were made by Enkei.

Definitely a good option for those going for lower versions of S Cross. Wonder why Maruti didn't give similar finish on earlier NEXA launches!
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:42   #4685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
The moment the objective of purchase of car changes from 'satisfying self' to 'show casing to others', S-Cross will fail.

If one is concerned about the comfort / ease / space / fun to drive and safety, S-Cross will definitely live upto the expectation and if the concern changes to looks, it may have contenders.
Very well said Sree73. That's exactly the discussion I had with my family before I went ahead with the booking. I said, if you want to feel happy while inside the car, this is the one that we need to book. If you want people looking from outside to feel happy, let's look elsewhere.
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:44   #4686
Senior - BHPian

6th gear issue.

Ever since i bought the 1.6, i couldn't drive the car at 6th gear, blame it to my city driving. Last week i had to drive to Mumbai to drop of my parents. Taking this as an opportunity i enthusiastically drove till I reached NH4 .But to my dismay i couldn't shift to 6th at all, no matter what i tried (Didn't force the gear lever). Immediately the infamous DDiS gearbox issue is what came to my mind. I started thinking, how can a brand new car have a gearbox issue this early which has not even run 500km on the odo.I stopped the car at one of the petrol pumps to fill fuel. I switched OFF the engine and tried slotting the lever to 6th and it did engage but with much resistance.Rest of the journey continued with running the car at 5th gear only at low speeds ( following the run in).
Today I took the car to the service centre (Sai Service,Wagholi). The chief mechanic took a test drive and confirmed the issue. For the sake of comparison we also drove another 1.6 which had a butter smooth gearbox. Since this was the first time they heard of such an issue with a 1.6, they informed Maruti to lodge a formal complaint since as per them they were not allowed to open up anything by themselves and should be done only after Maruti gives them a go ahead. Since I was running late I headed back to office. The Supervisor mentioned it mite take a day or two if the Gearbox has to be opened who too suspected the synchronizer rings mite have snapped off or broken which fueled up my fears.
Post lunch I receive a call from the workshop with a happy news that the issue has been solved. I left office early and reached the service centre to find my car all spic and span, gleaming. I took a test drive at an isolated stretch and the gears were slotting in perfectly without any issues.
The culprit as per them was a dislodged locking pin which was preventing the lever from moving.
All in all happy to get my car back and performing the way it should be (touchwood).

Last edited by rakesh_r : 23rd May 2016 at 19:50.
rakesh_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:29   #4687
BHPian

Update:
My 1.6 Alpha completed 17500 so far in 4 months, blame it on my so many weekend trips. Yesterday, while coming back from Agra to Noida via expressway in extreme hot condition of almost 50 degree, my cruise controls stopped working and that yellow engine light started seeing in instrument cluster screen. In evening after 1 hour stoppage in Noida, problem disappeared but came back again today morning while going to Gurgaon. As I also had to obey Maruti's recall for brake issue, gave the car to Pasco Gurgaon near my office.
Met one sardarji there, another 1.6 owner of this wonderful car. We had long discussion about 1.6 engine and the pleasure of running it over highways like Noida-Agra and NH1.
Meanwhile, they corrected the instrument light related issue by attaching laptop and change brake calipers etc. The service was about RS 5500 which reduced to 0 by Maruti. Got my car back after full wash and polish.

Last edited by chaudharysaab : 23rd May 2016 at 21:34.
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:40   #4688
BHPian

1.3 alpha caffeine brown has completed 10500 km in 4 months, 3rd service completed today. Overall experience both in the city and on the many long trips on the highway are noted below
- driving is effortless even on long trips, both driver and passenger fatigue levels are low. Though the back bench is not as comfortable as my previous Ford fiesta circa 2007
- city driving is excellent, responsive and though when I first started looking I wanted a diesel automatic the SCross has not disappointed, slow moving traffic in 2nd and 1st gear is good
- I get about 16 kmpl in Bangalore traffic and about 17 or 18 kmpl on highway trips with some spirited driving thrown in, though I expected better highway mileage have to say it's not too disappointing
- The bootspace has been sufficient for 4 adults and 2 kids for a weeklong trip so no complaints there too
- Finally happy that carplay is working after today's software update during service

Now for a few downsides

- On the highway struggles to keep up with the smaller power packed small cars eg. Polo and figo, yes before you all can say 1.6 yes I know but 1.3 is all the budget I had and am happy with it, after all we all can't be schumachers
- Gearshift is not as smooth or comfortable as in my earlier fiesta, this is my personal opinion based on my experience
-Stock projector headlights actually seem inadequate on the highways I do struggle with visibility on dark stretches or when vehicles are coming from the opposite side

But if you ask me am I happy overall, have to say yes definitely I think I made the right choice and have to put a special mention for the service and promptness that comes with the Nexa experience during servicing.

Big thumbs up!! SCross whatta caaaar..
mindovermotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 06:45   #4689
BHPian

http://www.ndtv.com/kerala-news/dies...ibunal-1409128

A bit off topic
With the ban on diesels older that 10 years and diesels > 2.0 L for private use, seems like its curtains for diesels in Kerala. Soon we are all going to turn into real "petrol heads". 1.6 S cross might just be the last straw for a diesel enthusiast. XUV 1.99 should be launched here.

Last edited by sandygordon : 24th May 2016 at 06:46.
Old 24th May 2016, 12:00   #4690
Distinguished - BHPian

Pictures of Kwid with S-Cross 1.6 Alpha (Costs 10 lakhs more)
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160524wa0011.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160524wa0010.jpg

Kwid looks better?
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 12:38   #4691
BHPian

Had a good chance to see the mid-range power of the 1.6 yesterday. I was in my optra magnum coming out of a congested crossing on to a straight fairly empty road going towards a flyover.

As soon as the traffic cleared and space was created, I accelerated nicely (no flooring) from around 20-30 to around 80 (in the turbo band of the optra). But through that acceleration I did notice a projector light following me and closing up. It was a s cross with the 1.6 badge. Of course, gave him way as he was probably accelerating towards the ton.

But just makes me feel what that 1.6 engine can do. Probably equal/if not better than the optra's 2.0 in the mid-range area in real world performance.
superutp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 14:10   #4692
BHPian

Guys, the centre empty space in the dash can house a tiny co-axial speaker, right? And moving to the rear of the car, company fitted speakers are on the doors if I'm not mistaken but you always have the option of 6x9 co-axial on the parcel tray. Or even better - coaxial on rear doors and the parcel tray!

I actually prefer the 6x9 coaxial on the parcel tray than 6-6.5" coaxial on rear doors cause doors really need to be damped heavily and even then the punch you get from 6x9 coaxial is far better than what you get from door positioned speakers. Tempted for a 7.1 setup
Old 24th May 2016, 15:47   #4693
BHPian

Hello S-Cross owners, My uncle is looking for a replacement for his Skoda Octavia 1.9Tdi and he almost finalised Hyundai i20 as he already owns a XUV500 W8 and a Toyota Innova. Upon checking the i20 asta (o) he found ingress/egress to be difficult and 10.44lakhs on road for a hatchback to be expensive since our ecosport Titanium costs only 30k more. So he has shortlisted S-Cross 1.3. How good is ingress/egress in S-Cross when compared with ecosport?
Old 24th May 2016, 16:28   #4694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareesh3395 View Post
Hello S-Cross owners, My uncle is looking for a replacement for his Skoda Octavia 1.9Tdi and he almost finalised Hyundai i20 as he already owns a XUV500 W8 and a Toyota Innova. Upon checking the i20 asta (o) he found ingress/egress to be difficult and 10.44lakhs on road for a hatchback to be expensive since our ecosport Titanium costs only 30k more. So he has shortlisted S-Cross 1.3. How good is ingress/egress in S-Cross when compared with ecosport?
My dad (71) suffers from Arthritis and had undergone Knee replacement surgery. He finds it pretty comfortable to move in and out of the car. Wheras on the ecosport because of the height he was finding it a bit uncomfortable.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 14:27   #4695
Distinguished - BHPian

Advice Required :

How to mirror android phone? I tried with Xiomi MI4 and Sony Xperia Z1, both failed. I am able to connect via bluetooth and stream music/receive calls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks