Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 12:25   #4786
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
The utility vehicles sales is 13596, which is almost 2500 units less than the April 2016 (~16K) figures. Who will be the culprit?

April 2016 sales were as below.
Ertiga - 5484
Gypsy - 221
S-Cross - 2507
Brezza - 7832
I guess this may be due to the production halt in Maruti plants. But a car manufactured in one day will leave to the dealer in the same / next day?
Old 1st June 2016, 12:30   #4787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I guess this may be due to the production halt in Maruti plants. But a car manufactured in one day will leave to the dealer in the same / next day?
Maruti Suzuki loses 10k ( minimum)production units due to its closure, would definitely reflect in its May figures.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...units/52523632
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:35   #4788
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki loses 10k ( minimum)production units due to its closure, would definitely reflect in its May figures.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...units/52523632
The total loss may be more than that, because even though they are restarting the Gurgaon plant today second shift, only "certain" operations in Manesar plant will be restarting today.
Old 1st June 2016, 12:40   #4789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But a car manufactured in one day will leave to the dealer in the same / next day?
Not sure about other OEMs, but trust me, happens at MSIL - especially for hot selling models.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 12:49   #4790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The total loss may be more than that, because even though they are restarting the Gurgaon plant today second shift, only "certain" operations in Manesar plant will be restarting today.
Assemblyof vehicles will start as shortage was due to the AC units, Vitara Brezza and Baleno volumes of May likely to be affected.

Quote:
will resume manufacturing of vehicles at its Gurgaon facilities from second half of Wednesday.
Quote:
Subros had stated it is working to supply to its customers, including MSI, from its facilities in Noida following the fire at its Manesar unit
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/682260.html
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 16:02   #4791
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
The utility vehicles sales is 13596, which is almost 2500 units less than the April 2016 (~16K) figures. Who will be the culprit?

April 2016 sales were as below.
Ertiga - 5484
Gypsy - 221
S-Cross - 2507
Brezza - 7832
Quote:
I guess this may be due to the production halt in Maruti plants.
Another reason could be the launch of BR-V and Crysta. Ertiga might be the most affected here, as Brezza has a huge waiting list and Scross "has not much" to be "affected". In that case, May 2016 sales would be something like below:

Ertiga - 3000
Gypsy - 200
S-Cross - 2500
Brezza - 7800

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st June 2016 at 16:04.
Old 1st June 2016, 17:33   #4792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Okay confirmed Alpha 1.6 is only available. Maruti has discontinued the other variants of DDiS320!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes buddy. Both the dealers in Mangalore were not ready to accept booking for lower variants of 1.6.

Also, Maruti is going to discontinue 1.6 once they plonk all the imported engines.

Maruti had no serious plans to sell 1.6. When service personnel went for training, Maruti gave importance only on 1.3 and step motherly treatment to 1.6. Service guys who had been to training at factory told me about this.
Called a few dealers in Bangalore and all confirmed exactly the same. They were unanimous- 1.6 Alpha was getting more sales compared to zeta and delta, hence the omission of the other 2 variants.

One interesting titbit they shared was Maruti is coming out with another s-cross special/limited edition(maybe during the festive season). They could not offer any further details about it though.
Old 1st June 2016, 18:22   #4793
BHPian

I've booked S-cross 1.3 Zeta Limited Edition in white color to replace my 2008 SX4.

Will be taking delivery on Saturday. Today I did the PDI in the yard and manufacturing date as per the VIN is EG which means May 2016.

In the Tyres I checked and it is H rated. In the SX4, the JK vectras are V rated. Does this mean Scross tyres speed rating is less than SX4? Should I consider exchanging this with Michellin 3ST?

Following are the additional accessories coming as part of the limited edition:
1. Art leather seat covers
2. Illuminated door plates
3. Black mirrors
4. Black painted spoiler
5. Chrome bumper guards (4 corners)
6. door hand rest and center console has some different material instead of the silver.

The limited edition, I'll not be getting the touchscreen audio and instead it is the cd player that comes similar to delta version.

Last edited by prskumar : 1st June 2016 at 18:26.
Old 1st June 2016, 18:49   #4794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
I've booked S-cross 1.3 Zeta Limited Edition in white color to replace my 2008 SX4.

Will be taking delivery on Saturday. Today I did the PDI in the yard and manufacturing date as per the VIN is EG which means May 2016.

In the Tyres I checked and it is H rated. In the SX4, the JK vectras are V rated. Does this mean Scross tyres speed rating is less than SX4? Should I consider exchanging this with Michellin 3ST?

3. Black mirrors
4. Black painted spoiler
6. door hand rest and center console has some different material instead of the silver.

The limited edition, I'll not be getting the touchscreen audio and instead it is the cd player that comes similar to delta version.
Congrats buddy!!

Zeta limited edition is a very good package and priced brilliantly too. For 30K less than Zeta variant, you get many accessories and miss out only on touch screen system and reverse camera.
Old 1st June 2016, 19:04   #4795
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, H rated tyres can handle lesser speeds than V rated tyres.

According to the link mentioned below, H rated tyres can tolerate upto 210 kmph while V rated ones are good upto 240 kmph.

http://www.blackcircles.com/general/speedrating

Unless you carry out major modifications on the 1.3 engine of your S Cross, I think H rated tyres would suffice. C'mon we hardly cross 120 kmph in the Indian scenario, so don't worry.

OTOH if you want to swap due to other factors like noise, (lack of) grip, size, comfort and so on, then you can go ahead!
Old 1st June 2016, 19:23   #4796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another reason could be the launch of BR-V and Crysta.
BR-V is struggling at 2344 at its first month after launch. Could be a one time effect on Ertiga? Toyota's Crysta gets a good response and dispatches 6694 units!

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st June 2016 at 19:35.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 21:54   #4797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats buddy!!

Zeta limited edition is a very good package and priced brilliantly too. For 30K less than Zeta variant, you get many accessories and miss out only on touch screen system and reverse camera.
Depends on ones needs. The accessories offered are only aesthetic improvements while touchscreen unit is very useful thing alongwith the camera. I gave up SCross because we didn't get a Zeta car available as only two limited editions were there, just one week before the price hike.

Another question I have is regarding insurance amounts quoted at NEXA. Huge amounts. Myy friend's Baleno has around 44k worth insurance for a delta petrol. Our Brezza ZDi costed 24k although its more than 3 lakhs costlier.
Old 1st June 2016, 22:02   #4798
BHPian

Quote:
3. Black mirrors
4. Black painted spoiler

The quoted accessories are not more than 15k where as the infotainment system costs around 80k+. So, I think its not that good bargain.
You can get almost all of them as accessories, but can not upgrade the infotainment even if you are ready to spend the money.

cheers,
girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 02:23   #4799
BHPian

Quote:

3. Black mirrors
4. Black painted spoiler

Congratulations Kumar.
Accessories cost
Seat cover - 8 to 9 k
Door sill - 3.2 k
Black mirrors - ?
Black spoiler - 4.3 k
Bumper guards - 0.6 k
Total package would be around 18 to 20 k. Good to get these accessories.
Is there any limited edition badging?

Does it have steering mounted audio controls, voice command and cruise control?
Old 2nd June 2016, 07:14   #4800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post

Does it have steering mounted audio controls, voice command and cruise control?
Yes the DDiS200 Zeta will have those features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks