Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 16:53   #4981
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
It does not come with one. However, you can download an app and get a remote on your phone. I found it better, as I can switch directly from USB to FM without going to AM and vice versa

Here is the link -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h.rcconn&hl=en
Thanks govigov.
I have the remote app downloaded and running on my phone. I was not sure whether I received a physical remote control when I took delivery and misplaced it in the course of time. Wanted to verify.
Old 16th June 2016, 17:34   #4982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMALJHA View Post
I had earlier raised the below question. But read more on the forum.
So, need to visit the Stock Yard or ask for the Form 22. As the SA only has the 17 character Chassis Number.

-------------------------------
Looking at buying a 1.3 Zeta. Have been provided the VIN by the SA. But a bit unsure how to decode. As I see a little ambiguity regarding 21 or 19 or 17 characters in the VIN.

I have got: MA3FNEB1S00132291

Can someone help decode the manufacture Year, Month please.
-------------------------------
Congratulations Kamaljha.
If you are going to the yard, check the VIN as illustrated by ajay_satpute. 17th digit denotes month. For example D=April, E=May and the 18th digit denotes year, for example K is 2015 as in the case of Ajay and G is 2016.
You can also cross check it with form 22.
BenHarPree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 18:00   #4983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Do the 7" infotainment system in S-Cross comes with a remote control? I'm not able to recollect whether I received one, or misplaced this?
No remote, atleast in the 1.3 alpha.
Old 16th June 2016, 20:42   #4984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320NmThunder View Post
Just drive with music and am trying to take this thud-pud and other sounds as part of it
Doing the Same thing Bro. Love for the 1.6 MJD is making me reconcile with a lot of disturbing sounds which release from this car while I drive.

IMHO This is not entirely worthy of being called a premium segment product.
smitz4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 00:39   #4985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Hey Guys, I am thinking of upgrading the headlight bulbs in my 1.3 zeta. Could someone who has done this help me with your suggestions? I don't want to void the warranty by cutting the wire, etc. Also, it would be helpful if my fellow bangaloreans could suggest a place to get this done in South Bangalore. Thanks!
Have you checked with any of the MA$$? Some of them will offer to do the complete stuff which is the best. I don't think a good installer will slice wires for upgrading the bulbs, you just need to ensure you pick the best stuff to get this done.

Secondly, if you for the nightbreaker / extremevision(?) bulbs, that'll provide a 100W output while remaining legal at 55W input. Those are expensive, but the safest if you plan to drive extensively in the night. Higher wattage bulbs will blacken the reflectors when run for long times.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 10:25   #4986

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
Congratulations Kamaljha.
If you are going to the yard, check the VIN as illustrated by ajay_satpute. 17th digit denotes month. For example D=April, E=May and the 18th digit denotes year, for example K is 2015 as in the case of Ajay and G is 2016.
You can also cross check it with form 22.
Thanks for the details. Will hopefully go to the stock yard today and will update. I have chosen a Silver 1.3 Zeta.

Now about the the offer. Listed On-Road is 10.83. Getting my insurance + discount of approx 20 K + accessories etc worth approx 15 K which includes:
1. Seat Cover
2. Steering Wheel Cover
3. Mud Flap
4. Foot Mat
5. Teflon Coating
6. Under Body Treatment

Q1 - Are these indeed worth 15 K? Any idea?
Q2 - Would anyone suggest swapping any of the above with something else?

Did ask about getting the landing rate value to the alloys if I go for the Brezza ones. But the SA said they would not be able to help. Getting a quote of 12 K from a Tyre Shop.
Also, getting a quote of 8500 for Michelin Tyre and a buy-back of 4000 for the JK ones.
I might settle for the OEM ones (both alloy and tyre) considering mostly city use. Any thoughts on this decision?
Old 17th June 2016, 12:28   #4987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the details. Will hopefully go to the stock yard today and will update. I have chosen a Silver 1.3 Zeta.

Now about the the offer. Listed On-Road is 10.83. Getting my insurance + discount of approx 20 K + accessories etc worth approx 15 K which includes:
1. Seat Cover
2. Steering Wheel Cover
3. Mud Flap
4. Foot Mat
5. Teflon Coating
6. Under Body Treatment

Did ask about getting the landing rate value to the alloys if I go for the Brezza ones. But the SA said they would not be able to help. Getting a quote of 12 K from a Tyre Shop.
Also, getting a quote of 8500 for Michelin Tyre and a buy-back of 4000 for the JK ones.
I might settle for the OEM ones (both alloy and tyre) considering mostly city use. Any thoughts on this decision?
You can skip 5 and 6. Better to get them done at 3M. Regarding the alloys and tyres, i would suggest to at least get the latter changed. Fellow TBhpians who kept the stock tyres are repenting because of the sub par quality of the JKs. If budget is an issue you can try some other brands. The stock alloys now come in gun metal finish and looks much better. I have retained the alloys and upgraded to Michelin Primacy. I will be up sizing the tyres and the alloys when the current ones wear off since i didn't want to mess around with the warranty.Posting a pic of my 1.6 alpha with stock alloys and Michelin Primacys.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg  

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th June 2016 at 12:35.
rakesh_r is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 12:31   #4988
BHPian

Quote:
I think they should be worth upwards of 11-12k at least. You should ask for something worth 2-3k over and above the mentioned accessories to justify the 15k worth. Spoiler, perfume, bumper protectors, dashboard idol, scuff plates and boot mat are some of the things which you can ask for (in combination or seperately). If the SA refuses, negotiate and pick the better-quality versions of the mats and seat covers available.

Quote:
Some forum members do not advice teflon coating for new cars, so you can skip it (for monetary discount) or swap it with something more useful. I had also read somewhere that underbody coating is not necessary. Rest of the stuff is a must-have in a new car according to me.

Quote:
If you are fine with the alloy design and tyre characteristics, there is no need to swap. In fact, I have started liking the S Cross OEM alloy design and find it much better than Baleno's OEM.

EDIT - As suggested in the post above, changing the tyres will turn out to be a good investment since there are recent reports of the compound getting hard and developing cracks within 15-18k kms of use. If not Michelin, you can look at other less expensive brands as most of the tyres available in market are better than JKs.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th June 2016 at 14:38. Reason: edited
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 13:53   #4989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Transformation :
Dr. Naren, what is the model and name of the alloys. They look cool. If you could give cost also that would be helpful.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th June 2016 at 14:40. Reason: broken quote fixed
Old 17th June 2016, 14:25   #4990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellat sasi View Post

Dr. Naren, what is the model and name of the alloys. They look cool. If you could give cost also that would be helpful.
These alloys are official accessory for Brezza. It is called machine finished alloys. It costs around 24K for set of 4.

Part number : 43210M82PUO
Old 17th June 2016, 14:52   #4991

The last 2 characters are EG
Old 17th June 2016, 15:00   #4992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The last 2 characters are EG
It is May 2016 batch .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 16:01   #4993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you checked with any of the MA$$? Some of them will offer to do the complete stuff which is the best. I don't think a good installer will slice wires for upgrading the bulbs, you just need to ensure you pick the best stuff to get this done.

Secondly, if you for the nightbreaker / extremevision(?) bulbs, that'll provide a 100W output while remaining legal at 55W input. Those are expensive, but the safest if you plan to drive extensively in the night. Higher wattage bulbs will blacken the reflectors when run for long times.
Thanks for the information, Kalyani Motors said they can't do it. I will not go for those 100W bulbs if they will blacken the reflectors. What other options exist, is there no better bulb from Hella or Philips?
Old 18th June 2016, 18:03   #4994
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information, Kalyani Motors said they can't do it. I will not go for those 100W bulbs if they will blacken the reflectors. What other options exist, is there no better bulb from Hella or Philips?
Different users have had different experiences with 100/90 bulbs. I had 100/90 in my Dzire for around 10 months. The car covered more than 24k kms in that period, so you can assume 40% (i.e. 9k+) were night drives at least. There was not a single problem with the reflector but the lens used to heat up a lot. One could feel lots of heat (upon touching) even if the lights were turned on 2-3 minutes back. After a 1 hour drive, the lens were hotter than the car's bonnet.

Due to the lens heating problem, we shifted back to stock. When we inspected the reflector, there was no fading/blackening effect. Keep in mind to turn off the headlights when the car is stationary (engine running or not) as it takes care of battery draining and reflector discolouring issues, by providing time to the reflector to cool down and battery to charge up (at traffic signals, reversing, or when the car is not moving).

When I was there to procure ceramic holders and wiring for my install, a person showed up at the place and told me that XV and NB stuff is not worth the price. He had a 1st-gen Swift and was very disappointed with the light output (I don't remember if he had Philips or Osram, but it was some "+30% light output" brand in stock rating), and had came to replace the same with 100/90. Maybe people expect too much from these 55/60 bulbs but I believe that none of them can match the output of 100/90.

If your usage is not much, you should give 100/90 a try. Use them cautiously and there should be no problems with the reflector or battery.
Old 18th June 2016, 18:23   #4995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....is there no better bulb from Hella or Philips?
These are the best bulbs from them. I, personally was very satisfied with the output, save for the cost. My night drives used for be for 10 hours with two or three 15 mins break in between. I'd never use a 100W bulbs for such runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
....When I was there to procure ceramic holders and wiring for my install, a person showed up at the place and told me that XV and NB stuff is not worth the price. He had a 1st-gen Swift and was very disappointed with the light output (I don't remember if he had Philips or Osram, but it was some "+30% light output" brand in stock rating), and had came to replace the same with 100/90. Maybe people expect too much from these 55/60 bulbs but I believe that none of them can match the output of 100/90...
I am surprised! I had a Gen 1 Swift and I had Osram Nightbreakers and was extremely satisfied. The cabbies used to flash at me (to dim) even when I was using the low beam. I have never used a 100W, so not sure how do those perform. Used the bulbs for extensive night drives for 2 years and one fine day both the high beams shot together.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks