Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:29   #5041
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
I've had that twice.
But both times I was sitting on a couch with the key in my back pocket - could be an accidental two button press.
With me the keys were kept aside,so cannot be an accidental press
Old 22nd June 2016, 15:45   #5042

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMALJHA View Post
Also, getting a quote of 8500 for Michelin Tyre and a buy-back of 4000 for the JK ones.
I might settle for the OEM ones (both alloy and tyre) considering mostly city use. Any thoughts on this decision?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Regarding the alloys and tyres, i would suggest to at least get the latter changed. Fellow TBhpians who kept the stock tyres are repenting because of the sub par quality of the JKs. If budget is an issue you can try some other brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
As suggested in the post above, changing the tyres will turn out to be a good investment since there are recent reports of the compound getting hard and developing cracks within 15-18k kms of use. If not Michelin, you can look at other less expensive brands as most of the tyres available in market are better than JKs.
Hi All...
Just an update regarding the tyres. Here are the options I am getting:
Continental - Rs 7400
Yokohama - Rs 8100
Michilin - Rs 8500

And as mentioned earlier, the buy back is Rs 4000
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:05   #5043
BHPian

Hello Friends,
Planning a 2 day vacation break from Friday till Sunday. will be driving in ghats approx 200 km each way. I haven't yet got a chance to visit the service station to get the part changed for the recall. Will it be okay to proceed with journey or should i any how first get the part replaced. Please advice. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:07   #5044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Will it be okay to proceed with journey or should i any how first get the part replaced. Please advice. Thanks.
No issues . Proceed as planned and get it done on your return.
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:52   #5045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMALJHA View Post
Hi All...
Just an update regarding the tyres. Here are the options I am getting:
If you have not taken the delivery yet, I will suggest you to hold your order and confirm from your SA whether you can be alloted a new-er version (which comes with darker alloys and Apollo Alnac 4G) or not. Apollo Alnac 4G are much better tyres than JKs, and have really good reviews from users. See if you can have them in your S Cross as stock.

I have only good things to say about the Apollo Alnac 4G from the Polo TD I had last year. The grip levels were good and road noise was acceptable. They came as stock in VW Polo at that time.

Here is a post about the latest update on S Cross -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3999867

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Should i any how first get the part replaced. Please advice. Thanks.
If your schedule allows, why not get the part replaced during your vacation? There are plenty of MASS in our country and you can select one which is near to the hotel/place where you will be staying for the trip. MASS will take care of your car while you spend the afternoon at a food joint or visiting places. Good thing is that they provide a free wash as well, so you can enjoy a clean car on the return leg also.

Last edited by biggrin : 22nd June 2016 at 18:00.
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:57   #5046
Distinguished - BHPian

Just for the record, our S-Cross which we took delivery of towards end-April came with the grey alloys, but the tyres were still JK.
I wish I knew that the Apollo's were possible - would have pushed for them given how poor the JKs are!
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:10   #5047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Just for the record, our S-Cross which we took delivery of towards end-April came with the grey alloys, but the tyres were still JK.
I wish I knew that the Apollo's were possible - would have pushed for them given how poor the JKs are!
Congratulations on the car mate I know I am probably late to the party but still. Don't be so bummed out about missing on the Apollos. Sure they are definitely better than the JKs but whether it be Alnac 4Gs, Yoko Earth 1s, Michelin Energy XM2s, you will still be left wanting more grip and comfort. They are all entry level budget eco friendly tyres afterall. Especially with the S-Cross' chassis dynamics on road, I'd recommend going for decent midrange sport or comfort tyres both of which would be in an entirely different league.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 06:16   #5048
BHPian

Quoting from the Honda BR-V thread. 1.3 Zeta is finding traction as the most VFM variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Conclusion: My friend went ahead with an s-Cross 1.3 Zeta and I gave him a being the only Car from MSIL which is very near to a FIAT in built quality and driving dynamics and at the same time retains all +s of a Maruti.

Cheers...
Shiv
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:20   #5049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Quoting from the Honda BR-V thread. 1.3 Zeta is finding traction as the most VFM variant
I have also started seeing more 1.3 zetas on road in chennai.
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:32   #5050
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I drove the S cross yesterday. A couple of observations:

* There seems to be a lot of room between the seat and door ( driver side). Could not find a comfortable position for my right knee.

* The sales person seemed to be pushing the 1.3 and actively discouraging people from thinking about the 1.6. I found this to be strange. Perhaps they are making money on the 1.3.

Sales person also suggested that 1.3 is vfm and seemed to be giving wired excuses discouraging 1.6 ex - it jumps too much at 1.7 K RPM, I will get bored of the extra power , my wife may not like to drive it etc.!

* (Sorry if this is old/known info) only Alpha variant seems to now be available on 1.6.

I liked the S Cross but this force feeding was off-putting...

Ps: On my way back home I crossed three Fiat showroom and beheld the Linea Tjet... my mind played the song ( Aaja gunah karle - from the flop film Aks) . Linea is one hot babe you can't take to your parents..
baz_303 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:20   #5051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_303 View Post

I liked the S Cross but this force feeding was off-putting...
If you like S-Cross then go for 1.6. There is nothing special about 1.3. If you are considering 1.3 then you might as well consider one of the following vehicles

1. Brezza
2. EcoSport
3. Creta 1.4
4 i20 Active
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:25   #5052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
If you like S-Cross then go for 1.6. There is nothing special about 1.3. If you are considering 1.3 then you might as well consider one of the following vehicles

1. Brezza
2. EcoSport
3. Creta 1.4
4 i20 Active
Both Brezza and EcoSport are from one segment below S-Cross, and so is i20 Active. Creta 1.4 cannot match the dynamics of S-Cross, in terms of suspension setup, steering feedback and ride & handling.
ajay_satpute is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:07   #5053
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
I have also started seeing more 1.3 zetas on road in chennai.
I do confirm that. Daily commuter on NH-1 and there is noticeable increase in numbers of S-Cross.
The other day I saw 1.6 cracking along on NH1 looked magnificent. Often I do see s-cross moves with relatively greater speed vis-à-vis other vehicles nearby.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:54   #5054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_303 View Post

* The sales person seemed to be pushing the 1.3 and actively discouraging people from thinking about the 1.6. I found this to be strange. Perhaps they are making money on the 1.3.
This may have to do with what the dealership has in stock.

Generally the 1.6 is dispatched only after an order, and at times - the dealership may receive more cars than they asked for, causing issues in selling those off as they are slow movers (off the floor, not on the road )
When we picked up our 1.6, MSIL dispatched 3 1.6s to the dealership who didn't know what to do with the other 2.

Thankfully my SA was a lot more encouraging for the 1.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations on the car mate I know I am probably late to the party but still. Don't be so bummed out about missing on the Apollos. Sure they are definitely better than the JKs but whether it be Alnac 4Gs, Yoko Earth 1s, Michelin Energy XM2s, you will still be left wanting more grip and comfort. They are all entry level budget eco friendly tyres afterall. Especially with the S-Cross' chassis dynamics on road, I'd recommend going for decent midrange sport or comfort tyres both of which would be in an entirely different league.
Thank you bro!!
Yes, the plan is to change to better rubber once these wear out. As it is mostly confined to the city, with a 50:50 split between the chauffeur and me - haven't felt the need to upgrade as yet; but yes - the JK reaches it's limits too quickly, and this was evident during run-in period itself!
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:16   #5055
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleagues was looking out for a car in the 10-13L range.
He wanted a diesel car which offers good space for 5 and decent luggage space along with the creature comforts.

He shortlisted the Jazz and the S-cross and finally went with the S-cross as the price difference was only 1Lakh (Jazz VX diesel with S-cross Zeta). What tilted the balance in the favour of S-cross was the higher GC and ability to go to unknown roads with more confidence along with better features (though he liked the drive of the Jazz due to a more tractable engine). In fact, hearing his requirements, I was always pushing him for the S-cross as I believe it offered overall great quality compared to other Maruti cars or Honda Jazz/City (He didn't care much about the looks).

I took a longish drive of the car after he got the delivery.
The build quality, features and interiors is definitely top notch in this price range.
But, I did not enjoy the drive - the engine performance in particular was a letdown to me. (I must admit that I am a petrolhead)
It felt lethargic and even after the 1800-2000 rpm, there was no great punch. Also, I did not like the way the engine felt and sounded when revved.
May be it will become better after proper running in.
May be I overestimated the performance of the national engine. The S-cross needs and deserves a better engine than the current 1.3 for sure.

I liked the way the car handled and even the ride quality was good (slightly firm but very sorted).
I think the steering feedback could have been better but not a big issue.

Also, the JK tyres were making lot of noise and spoiling the feel of a brand new car.
I think for anyone buying S-cross, the tyres and alloys should be changed ASAP.

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd June 2016 at 12:22.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks