Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 21:35   #5086
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Need some advice about tyre pressures.i know recommended value is 33psi with only front passenger's.i have swapped my tyres and alloys.new alloys have rim width of 7 where stock alloys comes with 6.5 if i am not wrong. Michelin's primacy 3st's are of stock size.i guess recommended tyre pressure wil change accordingly?i mean 0.5 increase in rim diameter will change recommended psi? Right now i keep it around 35-36 as i feel more comfortable over that value. Correct me if i am wrong.
The OEM Rim size is 16x6J. There are no clear correlation between the RIM size and the recommended tyre pressure. As per Maruti, upto 4 passengers, it's 33psi all tyres and if a 5th passenger with luggage, it's 36 psi front and 41psi rear. So, keeping 35-36psi is OK. You have to judge the driving comfort and adjust accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneLane View Post
Hey Guys,
I am in the market for a new car and have actually booked a Ciaz ZDI. The delivery is taking bit of time due to the Maruti plant shutdown and is due by 10th July.
In the meantime took test drives of S-Cross 1.6 and was blown away by the engine power, interiors and driving dynamics of the car. Budget will restrict the option of looking at Delta variant at best. Have also looked at Creta 1.4 and the looks are definitely more futuristic to say the least. I may cancel the Ciaz and go for one of these cars. Mind says Creta, heart says S-Cross 1.6, really confused

Did any of the owners here face such a situation and what helped you decide in favor of the S Cross
What your heart says is the one to be taken
Creta is a good vehicle. But, steering response and handling in S-Cross is way better than Creta.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross-tyre-pressure.jpg  

Old 26th June 2016, 22:56   #5087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
I thought I was the only person to have this problem. When I told my SA about this he just dismissed it as saying it's nothing. Need to look at it closely. It is annoying when I hear the sound while I am reversing slowly and have to turn at same time .
Turns out that the tray lock was making the squeaking noise. They put some packing around it and the car is silent again.
@viral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 10:41   #5088
Senior - BHPian

With the onset of monsoon, me and wifey went for a short drive to Tamhini ghat and were welcomed with lush greenery,mesmerizing fog and heavy downpour. This was the first time I drove the 1.6 over broken patches and must say the car simply glided over them. Overall had a good drive and enjoyed the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 10:53   #5089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No issues . Proceed as planned and get it done on your return.
Thanks for such clear answer. helped me go ahead without slightest of doubt.

I drove to malsej ghat over weekend and has been once again an amazingly refreshing experience to drive s cross. Beautiful roads, super weather and excellent car to drive. it gets you in so much comfort that probably you feel that you can go on and on and on.
The power even in 1.3 is never missing in ghat section with proper gear changes. I didn't have any difficulty in getting around or over taking. Attaching couple of pics to give you a feel of greenery and weather around.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-malsej_4.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-malsej_3.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-malsej_2.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-malsej_1.jpg  

akshatmangal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 11:16   #5090

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Good decision. Dashcam installation is very easy. I have done it myself in my S-Cross.
There are many threads, specially from BHPians like arunphilip who have explained it in great detail. You can cut short the complexity by using the power socket instead of the fuse tap.

Can you share some pictures and specification of the device? How much did it cost?
Hi Sudeep! I bought the mini0806 based on suggestions from reviews as that of @a4anurag . I shall heed into ur advice and try doing it myself. The product that I bought was from gearbest (http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_138841.html). Costed my 121 USD (8300 approx) + the Indian post also charged me Rs 1400 as customs duty. (which I wasnt aware of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello,

Please look at my DIY Installation thread of MINI 0806 dashcam. It has all the details you need for doing the DIY. You can do it yourself don't worry.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...sh-camera.html
Thanks Anurag! It was based on your review that I finalized on the mini0806. Will give the installation a try and keep you guys posted. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by kd_maximus : 27th June 2016 at 11:42. Reason: Clubbed 2 responses in a single post
kd_maximus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 13:53   #5091
BHPian

I am suddenly spotting so many S-Cross in Pune. Yesterday spotted close to 20 of them (all different). Two in the same mall parking apart from mine. This post says that it is selling at a steady 2k to 2.5k units per month.

Is anyone else noticing more of them in their city or is it just Pune that is getting more?
Old 27th June 2016, 14:21   #5092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
I am suddenly spotting so many S-Cross in Pune. Yesterday spotted close to 20 of them (all different). Two in the same mall parking apart from mine. This post says that it is selling at a steady 2k to 2.5k units per month.

Is anyone else noticing more of them in their city or is it just Pune that is getting more?
You are right. The numbers are increasing. Apart from Pune I am seeing a steady increase in Mumbai too. Glad to see people have started accepting the car.
PS- I just calculated the mileage of my car. Am getting anywhere between 17 to 19 kmpl.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 27th June 2016 at 14:22.
Old 28th June 2016, 08:05   #5093
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
I am suddenly spotting so many S-Cross in Pune.

Like I posted earlier there is noticeable increase in number of S-Cross on NH-1 as well as in my town.

To me it looks much more imposing than its immediate rival. Personally I like the looks of this car. Also I have been eliciting opinions of people around me most of whom have reported positive about its looks.

Well, I didn't feel the need to discuss remaining aspects.

Waiting for my 1.3 Delta, expected to be delivered by this week!

Last edited by Sip : 28th June 2016 at 08:10. Reason: Addition of point
Old 28th June 2016, 09:24   #5094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Like I posted earlier there is noticeable increase in number of S-Cross on NH-1 as well as in my town.
This is quite obvious. This does not mean sales are picking up. When every month 2-2.5K S-Crosses are getting on to the roads, naturally the probability and frequency of sighting them on road will go up. It's almost an year now since the launch happened.
Old 28th June 2016, 12:19   #5095
BHPian

I am looking for an automatic transmission car, but have liked the scross. Any rumours or information on whether scross is going to get an automatic in India in the near future?
Found some vague news items in the internet, but haven't seen anything on team-bhp. Always felt that the news of team-bhp is more reliable on these aspects.
Old 28th June 2016, 13:34   #5096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneLane View Post
Did any of the owners here face such a situation and what helped you decide in favor of the S Cross
I too have the Ciaz and S-cross in my final list for a new car. I did a through TD of S-cross last weekend and will TD Ciaz this weekend. As pointed by many in this thread, S-cross feels a better car to ride. Although I had few setbacks to my liking in this car (arm rest not supportive-hinders handbrake, missing rear ac vent-rear seat felt warm than the front row with ac at 18deg) I can manage to live with it given the positives it offer.

I am not considering Creta as it is out of my budget
Old 28th June 2016, 13:47   #5097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I am looking for an automatic transmission car, but have liked the scross. Any rumours or information on whether scross is going to get an automatic in India in the near future?
Found some vague news items in the internet, but haven't seen anything on team-bhp. Always felt that the news of team-bhp is more reliable on these aspects.
Might be worth waiting for the festive season. Looks like Maruti is preparing the S-Cross 1.5 Petrol and that should come with AT. Things should be clear by the festive season when a host of Maruti cars/variants are supposed to launch like Ignis, Brezza Petrol, S-Cross Petrol, Baleno 1.0 Boosterjet

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th June 2016 at 15:42. Reason: corrected spell error
Old 28th June 2016, 14:31   #5098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
(arm rest not supportive-hinders handbrake, missing rear ac vent-rear seat felt warm than the front row with ac at 18deg) I can manage to live with it given the positives it offer.
Do not remember feeling armrest restricting handbrake. It slides back and forth easily.

The AC bit I agree it feels inadequate initially if have not experienced climate control before. In a habit of getting that constant blow of chilled air with the blower noise. Absence of blower noise sometimes makes feel hot psychologically. The AC is adequately powerful though and does not require rear vent. It took some time for us (family) to get used to it but find it very comfortable now. Never experience the uncomfortable chill ever. Set the temp at 24 deg C and press auto button. Guaranteed to make you forget AC issues in 10 minutes most of the times.
Old 28th June 2016, 16:14   #5099
BHPian

Quote:
Do not remember feeling armrest restricting handbrake. It slides back and forth easily.
It does slide but I felt that to be obstructing a little bit. I could get used to using it if I choose to buy.

Regarding ac, I was at the rear seat for a while and only I was commenting it to be warm but my family was comfortable. Again, not a deal-breaker.
Old 28th June 2016, 18:09   #5100
BHPian

Folks, I found this video on Youtube uploaded by an Italian Channel showing 0-100 kph achieved in 9.31 seconds as opposed to the 11.3 second time claimed by Maruti (for the 1.6).
Gauging from the rpm limit as seen in the tachometer, I'm most certain it is a diesel unit and most likely a 1.6. The video's description even suggests that they used a stock car.

Would any of you like to comment or share about your variant's dash time from 0-100 kph?
smitz4u is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed