Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 21:32   #5101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
I'm most certain it is a diesel unit and most likely a 1.6.
Suzuki sells both 1.6 NA Petrol and 1.6 diesel versions of S-Cross here. It could be the 1.6 petrol here.

Goto S-Cross Italia site > Cerca un allestimento.

Open the hyperlink of the variant and it'll take you to the variant's microsite.

Italian S-Cross wears the SX4 badge as well, which is absent in the Indian S-Cross.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 22:06   #5102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Italian S-Cross wears the SX4 badge as well, which is absent in the Indian S-Cross.
In India, the SX4 sedan was not a very successful model. So, Maruti did not want SX4 as a part of the S-Cross and dropped that badge.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 23:50   #5103
Senior - BHPian

The BEAST in motion

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-kps_59608.jpg
kpzen is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 03:36   #5104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Suzuki sells both 1.6 NA Petrol and 1.6 diesel versions of S-Cross here. It could be the 1.6 petrol here.
If you watch the video properly, it is clearly the diesel no doubt. One look at the redline on the tachometer and that is evident. Besides, the 1.6 NA petrol would find it a little too difficult to manage a sub 10 second nought to hundred time in a car of this weight.

Last edited by noopster : 29th June 2016 at 12:41. Reason: Please check your PM
IshaanIan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 07:36   #5105
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I keep visiting this thread now and then just because I really appreciate the S Cross as a vehicle, as I have repeatedly and vehemently pointed out to a number of people who were teetering on the brink of making their decisions to buy or not.

I am really glad to see that so many people have appreciated this initially under-celebrated vehicle and are realising that it is such a first class package overall.

It also signifies a maturing market where a largish hatchback crossover vehicle is making waves rather than the more typical silly "status symbol sedan".

Compared with the Brezza, I mean, frankly there is no comparo - they are both from different planets.
Compared with the Creta - while the Creta is in itself quite competent, it doesn't come anywhere near the S Cross, especially in the 1.6 320Nm Avatar like I ve always said.

Good for you folks who've gone with your hearts and bought this vehicle.

When the time comes to sell it, the market anyway would have matured well. And there will be a bunch of enthusiasts sitting out there and waiting to buy it at a fair price, provided you've looked after it.

Good job done and Good luck in your driving adventures with the 1.6 S Cross!
shankar.balan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 23:16   #5106
BHPian

I lost my left ORVM today, thanks to a moron tata ace driver. Called SA to enquire about the price. The ORVM cost is Rs. 4700 and a labour cost of Rs. 400 additional.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-111.jpg  

Old 30th June 2016, 00:28   #5107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I lost my left ORVM today, thanks to a moron tata ace driver. Called SA to enquire about the price. The ORVM cost is Rs. 4700 and a labour cost of Rs. 400 additional.
I feel sorry for you. When and how did this happen?
BenHarPree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 06:28   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
I feel sorry for you. When and how did this happen?
I have detailed out the incident at the following thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4006330
Old 30th June 2016, 15:07   #5109
BHPian

Production version of S-Cross Facelift has been spied. Changes include a re-designed Front fascia with a grill resembling BMW, larger air dam and re-designed headlamps.
Side profile remains nearly same with the exception of addition of new design Alloys. The car seems to be an LHD version.

Source : http://gaadiwaadi.com/spied-2017-mar...begins-251216/
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-image.jpeg  

kashyapz8055 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 16:34   #5110
BHPian

The facelift will attract more buyers as I feel the current exterior design did not excite the Indian market.

BTW, with so much speculation on facelift, feature updates to the current S-Cross, should a potential buyer (like me, but not in a rush to book) wait till this festive season?
Old 30th June 2016, 18:13   #5111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Production version of S-Cross Facelift has been spied. Changes include a re-designed Front fascia with a grill resembling BMW, larger air dam and re-designed headlamps.
/[/url]
This looks more like Jeep Cherokee front than BMW front. The alloys look a little better than the current ones. However, besides that what is speculated to be changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
BTW, with so much speculation on facelift, feature updates to the current S-Cross, should a potential buyer (like me, but not in a rush to book) wait till this festive season?
Honestly, I would not wait that long, based on just speculations. If you are in absolutely no hurry, then wait as long as you can, but otherwise, forget all this spy pictures, speculations and rumors. Also, there is a possibility that after the facelift is launched, you may not get discounts or offers.
Old 30th June 2016, 18:18   #5112
Senior - BHPian

I booked my car on the 26th of May (1.3 Zeta) and due to the compressor factory fire and the scheduled maintenance, the car is yet to leave the factory. Hoping to get the vehicle within the next 20 days at least. The SA has told me that the car will be shipped in another 5 days. I guess the demand for Baleno and Brezza is really hitting my timelines. Anyone else with the same dilemma here?
Old 30th June 2016, 18:51   #5113
Senior - BHPian

Is there any offer going on other than corporate discount in Bngalore? My colleague is planning to book Zeta 1.3 on Monday.
Old 30th June 2016, 19:36   #5114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is there any offer going on other than corporate discount in Bngalore? My colleague is planning to book Zeta 1.3 on Monday.
I don't know about BLR specifically. But I would guess today will be a better day to bargain (month and quarter end) the Monday.
Depending on the Dealer's desperation, they are bound to offer something out of their margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
However, besides that what is speculated to be changed?
My SA was saying it will be only for the Alpha. Other variants will remain the same. And main change will be the front grill.
Don't know if this is true.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th June 2016 at 19:48. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote or Edit original post. Thanks.
Old 30th June 2016, 21:32   #5115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Also, there is a possibility that after the facelift is launched, you may not get discounts or offers.
But I was not informed of any discount/offers by the RM apart from the corporate discount.

I remember coming across bhpians' experience in some thread here that Suzuki vehicles' quality becomes less in their facelift versions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks