Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 20:36   #5116
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I took delivery of a blue 1.3 zeta from Kalyani Nexa, JP Nagar last Sunday.Just penning a few thoughts on the car, so far:

- The vehicle though having a hatchback look from far. The vehicle is imposing and looks good.
- The ride is good and offers a balance of a slightly higher view (not as high as other SUVs), without the sway inherent in most SUVs.
The engine is a gem and is great for tootling around town. I am trying to stay within the run-in range (a difficult task). The fastest that I have gone is 85 on the NICE road.
- I tried the cruise control briefly on the NICE road and it was fun to control the speed with the buttons, without touching the pedal.
- I have been getting FE of 14-15 kmpl (pure city driving, with only a brief foray onto NICE road), which is more than I was getting in my previous Fiesta.
- The only accessories that I have installed are the illuminated sills and the sporty pedals.
- The sunglass slot is a rattler. Any sunglass placed there results in loud and irritating rattles.
- The reverse sensor display on the MID is not always visible, especially when making turns.
- The parcel tray is showing signs of developing a rattle, especially when going over bumps/potholes ("which are thankfully not very plentiful in Bangalore" (heavy sarcasm intended)).

Planned accessories:
- Blackening the grill and both the front and rear number plate areas.
- Planning to get seat covers. Fabric seats are not the easiest to keep clean.
- A visit to 3M is pending.

Trips planned in the near future:
- A visit to Yercaud sometime this month (plan to do the service after this trip).
- A drive to my in-laws in Hyderabad in August
- A 10 day trip to Kerala Bangalore - Guruvayoor - Trivandrum - Changanacherri - Bangalore
Aiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 00:42   #5117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Suzuki sells both 1.6 NA Petrol and 1.6 diesel versions of S-Cross here. It could be the 1.6 petrol here.
Nope this one in the video is the diesel for sure. How do I say this? Well, the diesel variants have a 6000 rpm tachometer, while the petrol variants have an 8000 rpm tachometer. Simple. The one in the video shows a 6000 rpm tachometer, so it is indeed the diesel

Here's the video link again ...

---Venkat

Last edited by VSG12777 : 2nd July 2016 at 00:44.
VSG12777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 09:06   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post

Here's the video link again ...

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=nFSV-TnEydI

---Venkat
The front grill is so elegant that it is a pity that MSIL ruins everything in India.
That said, the front of the 2017 refresh is indeed ugly!
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:55   #5119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Nope this one in the video is the diesel for sure. How do I say this? Well, the diesel variants have a 6000 rpm tachometer, while the petrol variants have an 8000 rpm tachometer.
I watched the video with the audio. It is indeed the turbo diesel. The voiceover mentions that 0-100 timing of Suzuki is a pessimistic estimate, and they were able to do it in 9.31 s
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:18   #5120
BHPian

Got the left ORVM replaced today at Bimal Mahadevpura. Total cost came out Rs. 5253.00. Took a little over 2 hours as waited for the paint to get dried (The mirror back cover painting to mat the body colour)
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:36   #5121

Yeah I am facing the same dilemma in Bangalore. I waited for 2 months now they are saying another 3 months. Frustrating.

So I test drove the S Cross 1.3 and 1.6. Have almost made up my mind on the 1.3 since it is a very good car, except maybe for the shape

Hi

I have booked the Brezza but because of the further delays, I was thinking about the S cross 1.3 Alpha. TD it today and found it having enough acceleration and ride comfort. Also loaded with features.

Only drawback is the shape.

Wanted to know some expert advice on if this is a good choice.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2016 at 07:24. Reason: Back to back posts. Typo.
Old 2nd July 2016, 15:36   #5122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I watched the video with the audio. It is indeed the turbo diesel. The voiceover mentions that 0-100 timing of Suzuki is a pessimistic estimate, and they were able to do it in 9.31 s
If this is true then we have a Crossover faster than the Polo GT Tdi & Ford Figo TDCi. These hatchbacks have their 0-100 timings around 10 s.
It would be interesting if any of the 1.6 owners here can corroborate the same
Old 2nd July 2016, 16:52   #5123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops678 View Post
Yeah I am facing the same dilemma in Bangalore. I waited for 2 months now they are saying another 3 months. Frustrating.

So I test drove the S Cross 1.3 and 1.6. Have almost made up my mind on the 1.3 since it is a very good car, except maybe for the shape
I have the 1.3 alpha and would happily recommend it. Not in a position to compare the Brezza and SCross as I havnt driven then Brezza. But you won't regret the SCross as long as looks are not your primary reason for going with the SCross.
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:33   #5124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
If this is true then we have a Crossover faster than the Polo GT Tdi & Ford Figo TDCi. These hatchbacks have their 0-100 timings around 10 s.
It would be interesting if any of the 1.6 owners here can corroborate the same
So now if I see an S-Cross ripping on the road trying to reach 100 in less than 10 seconds then i know it is because of this post 😂
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:38   #5125
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops678 View Post

Hi

I have booked the breeza but because of the further delays, I was thinking about the S cross 1.3 Alpha. TD it today and found it having enough acceleration and ride comfort. Also loaded with features.

Only drawback is the shape.

Wanted to know some expert advice on if this is a good choice.

It is not correct to compare the Brezza and the S Cross. They belong to two entirely different classes of vehicle.

Personally I would never buy the S Cross 1.3 when the choice of the 1.6 is there. That is a real "rocket". And probably one of the few cars in India that come close to the equivalent International Spec.
Old 2nd July 2016, 18:20   #5126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
And probably one of the few cars in India that come close to the equivalent International Spec.
But thats just on the engine right? Otherwise not really close to the International spec; when marketed as a premium Suzuki, they can as well have a top-end variant identical to what is sold in international markets, with 7 airbags, ESC etc. Even a 3-point seatbelt for the rear middle seat is omitted.

That's said, IMO this is indeed the best on offer in India from the Suzuki stable.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 18:26   #5127
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
But thats just on the engine right? Otherwise not really close to the International spec; when marketed as a premium Suzuki, they can as well have a top-end variant identical to what is sold in international markets, with 7 airbags, ESC etc. Even a 3-point seatbelt for the rear middle seat is omitted.

That's said, IMO this is indeed the best on offer in India from the Suzuki stable.
Yes I agree. But with the tax structures here if they did actually give us the same International Top Spec as I saw last month in Australia, the price will hit the 20 lac mark. And no one, but no one will buy it!

The only vehicle that somehow managed to bring in its equivalent International Spec was the Yeti and that managed to do it at the same equivalent price as in Australia and UK - at least that was my own main motivation in buying it in India because I really felt it was great value. Same price in India as in Australia and Europe, for the exact same spec as was offered then in Europe and Australia.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 19:30   #5128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would any of you like to comment or share about your variant's dash time from 0-100 kph?
Simple guess is that car might be AWD and time was noted from speedo and not GPS(less accurate).
Old 3rd July 2016, 00:59   #5129
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, MSIL replaced the faulty axle tube under warranty with a new one. Two mechanics took almost 3 hours to complete the job.

Attachment 1519220

Problem is rectified , for now.
How is the car running now? have the noises disappeared. I've been experiencing similar noises on ramps/ steeps, particularly during reversing. Pl share your experience and advise.
Old 3rd July 2016, 01:19   #5130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes I agree. But with the tax structures here if they did actually give us the same International Top Spec as I saw last month in Australia, the price will hit the 20 lac mark. And no one, but no one will buy it!
Except the AWD, if Maruti would have given the remaining bells and whistles at the launch prices in the 1.6 alpha, I'm pretty sure the story would've been completely different today. Those features really do not cost as much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks