Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2016, 13:38   #5146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Scross modified - Kerala (Sigma variant i think)

Source: Facebook

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-13267808_1000569970057190_5630543206477071798_n.jpg
kpzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 10:52   #5147
BHPian

More clear pictures of SCross facelift is out as given below.

http://www.rushlane.com/2017-maruti-...-12187377.html
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 11:46   #5148
BHPian

The front looks much better now, IMO the rear lights should have been tweaked!

Meanwhile, the current version in wilderness.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160606_153748.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160607_130603.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160607_130156.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160610_1137001.jpg

Last edited by breezydrive : 7th July 2016 at 12:02. Reason: added content
breezydrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 16:09   #5149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Neeraj,
Nice pics and fantastic location.

Where is it ? UK or HP ?
Old 8th July 2016, 14:48   #5150
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to change the navigation from HERE maps to something like map my India or equivalent? Has anyone tried it?
Old 8th July 2016, 19:23   #5151
BHPian

Quote:
How is the car running now? have the noises disappeared. I've been experiencing similar noises on ramps/ steeps, particularly during reversing. Pl share your experience and advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
I've driven around 500 kms post replacement. Clunking sound has disappeared indeed.
Since a few of us are now reporting the same issue, it could be due to a faulty batch of Axle Tubes manufactured in 2015.
A stamp on my new axle tube does show month of manufacture as May 2016.
So if you are facing the same problem, IMHO it is completely worth to get it replaced under warranty.
Asked the service centre to inspect the car; they had already replaced axle tubes in a 1.3 version so no time was wasted in testing the car. SA told me that similar problem was reported in a few Dzire cars when it was launched.

A mail has been sent by SA to Maruti, parts would be available next week.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Neeraj,
Nice pics and fantastic location.

Where is it ? UK or HP ?
Thanks Prajesh, it is UK
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 20:39   #5152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
More clear pictures of SCross facelift is out as given below.

http://www.rushlane.com/2017-maruti-...-12187377.html
Not a fan of that toothy front grill. Reminds me of the old Hyundai designs and totally out of character for this car.
Old 8th July 2016, 21:05   #5153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Not a fan of that toothy front grill. Reminds me of the old Hyundai designs and totally out of character for this car.
Another link. Same pics

http://m.carandbike.com/news/2017-su...-debut-1276645

Headlights and DRL are nice. Grill is huge and imposing.
Old 9th July 2016, 09:06   #5154
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross sales fall to just 110 units in June 2016.

There has been a fall in almost all Maruti models, and its attributed to the fire at Subros, but still, this huge fall in S-Cross sales is a shocker.

http://www.autopunditz.com/
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 11:00   #5155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Scross modified - Kerala (Sigma variant i think)
Source: Facebook
The vehicle looks so much better without the black cladding. Is the cladding removed or has it been painted to match with the body color? The vehicle does look premium without that black cladding . I hope Suzuki address this in their face-lift and offer it as an option to the consumer.
Old 9th July 2016, 11:06   #5156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
S Cross sales fall to just 110 units in June 2016.

There has been a fall in almost all Maruti models, and its attributed to the fire at Subros, but still, this huge fall in S-Cross sales is a shocker.

http://www.autopunditz.com/
Is that a typo? May be 1100 units.. Actually the figures are not sales. It's factory dispatches.. Even then if 110 is true, there was a huge disruption in the production line.

And what is happening on Ritz front. Huge jump in sales figures to 4.7K. Seems mini taxi segment is catching up on Ritz

Last edited by Sree73 : 9th July 2016 at 11:22.
Old 10th July 2016, 12:22   #5157
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has re-imported(?) a DDiS200 unit recently. Is this a face-lift S Cross for test here?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 12:44   #5158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

And what is happening on Ritz front. Huge jump in sales figures to 4.7K. Seems mini taxi segment is catching up on Ritz

I see a lot of Ritz cabs in Bangalore off late. Gone are the days of cabs being just the Indicas.
XCent, DZire and Etios twins are ruling the cab market these days.
Old 10th July 2016, 13:44   #5159

Thank you for a comprehensive and informative review.

I thought I should share some S Cross ownership experiences with the forum.

I took a PRI on the 16th of June, and found the exterior of the car allocated to me in perfect shape, but the interiors were horribly dirty. The seat protection plastic covers had been removed without my concurrence, and the upholstery had taken on a lot of dust and stains, there were foot marks all over the carpet, the central column and door panels, which for some reason even had oil stains. Small scratches were seen on the FR Running Board caused by a careless drivers shoes.

When the car has to be moved from the yard to the showroom, ideally, only one trained person, who wears protective gear and ensures no scratches on the running board or dirt on the carpets, must drive the car, and there was no justification for the removed seat covers and foot marks all over the car, including the rear foot-wells and seats. I flagged this off in a mail to my Sales Representative requesting a thorough cleaning, but when I collected the car on 19th of June, it was in the same condition. I refused to collect it without a thorough cleaning, but a cursory vacuum was not sufficient to rectify the issue, and I of course did not have time to dwell on the issue, making my ownership experience very dis-satisfactory.

What was even more unusual was the fact that there was no mechanism at Nexa to collect my feedback or comments on the delivery experience for the S Cross, while 18 years ago when I got delivery of my first car (M-800) or 10 years ago when I got delivery of my Alto, there were feedback forms from Maruti and the Dealers and I got multiple calls from the Dealer and Maruti asking me if I had any concerns. Now, with my most expensive vehicle investment ever, I had no such opportunity to provide feedback. Really strange, considering the fact that Nexa is expected to deliver a higher quality of customer experience compared to Maruti! Obviously, the old SOP is not used here, and no alternative has been put in place.

Finally, after waiting for 2 weeks to get some calls asking for my feedback, I wrote to Service Head at Mandovi (my dealer) and Maruti - both addresses were available in the Nexa site, and I got some really good response from a senior person who apologized for the lapses assured me that during the first free service, he would get the complete interiors cleaned by professional cleaning agency. I am happy to report that I collected the car after the first service in a pristine condition, and the Service Engineer was also attentive and totally supportive of my request.

The moral of the story is that everyone has the ability to ensure that his or her rights as a consumer are respected, and being aware of the rights is the first step. I learnt about how cars must be delivered in a Team-BHP thread, and I'm really grateful for that knowledge.

Has anyone else had a similar experience at Nexa?

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
What you’ll like:

• Solid build & good quality, inside out
• Powerful 1.6L diesel with 320 Nm of torque. Superb mid-range and top-end performance
• Mature ride & handling package. High speed behaviour is exceptional
• Practical interiors, spacious cabin and supportive seats
• Maruti's excellent after-sales support network
• All variants get 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS & dual airbags
• Feature loaded: Bi-xenon headlamps, leather seats, cruise control, 7" touchscreen ICE etc.

What you won’t:

• Unappealing styling. Looks like a big hatchback (not a crossover / SUV)
• 1.6L diesel variant has a hefty premium over the 1.3L
• 1.6L diesel suffers from turbo-lag until 1,750 rpm
• No petrol engine, no automatic transmission, no AWD
• 353 liter boot - though well shaped - is small for a car of this size & positioning
• Sold only through Nexa dealerships, thereby limiting its availability
• Noise insulation is below average for a premium car

This review has been jointly compiled with Rehaan. Thanks to him for the expert observations & photography!

Last edited by Eddy : 10th July 2016 at 21:53. Reason: Quoting a pic hampers readability for our small screen users.
Hemanth Sharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 21:38   #5160
BHPian

Hi All, I just returned from a short trip to pondicherry from chennai. This has been my first long trip in my S Cross zeta. Few pointers from my trip though it has already been discussed earlier by other members:

The headlights are not powerful enough. I will definitely need to change the bulbs as of now. Please advise me on what can be upgraded with and obviously I don't want to void my warranty.

Though the seating position is perfect, I have started getting neck pain now after this journey. I guess the headrest might be a reason. Has anyone felt this??

I am running on the stock JK tyres. The noise is bearable except if I run on cement roads where the noise enters the cabin.

The overall mileage for the trip was around 19.4 and I sincerely hope it increases once it crosses 5k mark ( currently at 2k mark).

Happy revving. Cheers A.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks