Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2016, 22:03   #5176
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZrider View Post
I did follow his review but no updates for quite a while.
I was looking at knowing more on how the 1.6 rides in traffic and going up chat roads.
Back to back driving the Duster Awd and the 1.6, I find the first and second gears to be a bit tall. Wondering if a remap would help crawl better.
A remap won't do much difference in low end. Remap would make prominent difference in mid range (turbo zone). I have 1.6 S-Cross and planning to remap. According to my SA, Maruti has made minor tweaks to the recent batch of 1.6. Turbo lag was less and gearshifts were more slick in my car. I have driven 3 different 1.6 TD cars and all felt same. I am happy that those issues in TD car (initial batch) is rectified. If possible, try to get a TD from anyone who owns 1.6 S-Cross (manufactured after March 2016)
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 12:23   #5177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
A remap won't do much difference in low end. Remap would make prominent difference in mid range (turbo zone). I have 1.6 S-Cross and planning to remap. According to my SA, Maruti has made minor tweaks to the recent batch of 1.6. Turbo lag was less and gearshifts were more slick in my car. I have driven 3 different 1.6 TD cars and all felt same. I am happy that those issues in TD car (initial batch) is rectified. If possible, try to get a TD from anyone who owns 1.6 S-Cross (manufactured after March 2016)
I had some sever issues with my 1.6 SCross, 2015 Manufactured, while my trip to a nearby hill station. If the car is on move then there are no issues.

But if the car has come to stand still and on a steep slope then it was very very hard getting it going.

Can/will Maruti do some adjustments to the older engines?

Regards.
Old 13th July 2016, 12:41   #5178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320NmThunder View Post
I had some sever issues with my 1.6 SCross, 2015 Manufactured, while my trip to a nearby hill station. If the car is on move then there are no issues.

But if the car has come to stand still and on a steep slope then it was very very hard getting it going.

Can/will Maruti do some adjustments to the older engines?

Regards.
This issue, even I have faced. I don't find any problem with climbing an incline. But things start getting worse if car gets stuck in between. Maruti has not confirmed officially about minor tweaks done to recent batch of 1.6 S-Cross. But I have really found different in mine and TD car.
Old 13th July 2016, 20:35   #5179
BHPian

Traffic in Bangalore is taking it's toll on the fuel economy of my car. It was very bad traffic for the last 2-3 weeks and the fuel economy dropped to 17 KMPL from 19-20 KMPL. My average speed is now dropped to 14KM/Hr.
Old 13th July 2016, 21:08   #5180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Traffic in Bangalore is taking it's toll on the fuel economy of my car. It was very bad traffic for the last 2-3 weeks and the fuel economy dropped to 17 KMPL from 19-20 KMPL. My average speed is now dropped to 14KM/Hr.
You have company, my FE which used to hover around 17 has dropped to 15. And it's always AC on 23 deg C and ACC, for both figures.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 22:51   #5181
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
My thoughts - It is completely due to the fire in the AC vendor plant. I got a visit from my relationship manager on Friday. He came over to my office and handed me a letter which said that full blown production of the S-Cross will start only in the first week of August and that I can be expected to get my vehicle around the 3rd week. I had booked my vehicle on the 26th of May
I am also in the same boat. Booked 1.3 on 24 May 16. S-Cross inventory levels are at the lowest since launch. Production seems halted for S-Cross, may be to provide for numbers of Baleno and Vitara Brezza. Negligible supplies subsequent to Subros fire accident. Baffling game plan by Maruti Suzuki
Old 13th July 2016, 23:57   #5182
BHPian

A friend of mine had booked a 1.3 S-Cross 15 days back in Kolkata and today was told that the booking has been cancelled and the SA was roping him for Ciaz SHVS. Now my friend has booked Avventura Emotion.

Last edited by Waspune : 14th July 2016 at 00:00.
Old 14th July 2016, 00:39   #5183
BHPian

Hi friends,

Back to the forum after quite some time. Have completed 7800+ kms in less than 5 months. Quite happy with the car and its performance. Only irritants are what most others have also reported - Noise from parcel tray and creaking sound from the rivets that hold the seat. Think I have to live with it life long

Other than that, have 2 incidents to report.

1. Had my first puncture some days back while I was back from my home town to Bangalore. It was on the rear right tire and I did not notice until it was completely flat. Since the tire was fine when I had started from home and it just only around 30 kms from home when I found the flat tire, I was sure the puncture was pretty bad. I also noted the sidewall to have a bit of damage (since I ran on flat tire).

Changed the tire myself and drove to Madurai (enroute) and took it to Maruti service station. They inspected and said the puncture is very big and cannot be fixed by their folks. They think it was from a big bolt or a metal rod.

Took it to Sai Iyengar Indira Nagar (from where I had purchased them). On a busy day, I was first told by the person there (I think his name is Keerthi. Ashwin was not there) that the sidewall had damage and it is better to replace the tire. Since the Continental MC5 was not in stock, he asked me to come after a couple of days. This time, Ashwin was there and he took a look. He confirmed that it cannot be fixed by the normal mushroom plug and it needed a hot patch. However, he felt the sidewall damage was not sizeable and I can still use the tire. They fixed it and the car is running on the this tire.

Now, I have not hit the highway after this incident. I am having a constant fear of what if the sidewall gives in. I dont have a pic of the sidewall damage - will post it tomorrow.

2. Had my first accident on road - a minor one though. Early morning @ 6:30 am, a cabbie's Verito kissed by S-Cross's rear.

It was in the Inner Ring Road between Koramangala and Domlur. I was driving at around 60 kmph and had noticed a Golden Verito behind me driving rashly and with his headlights flashing. After a while, the Indica in front of me braked suddenly seeing a pothole and I had to decelerate quickly. The Verito could not stop on time and he made a not so gentle contact with my car's rear. The rear bumper has a small crack along the loading lip - nothing noticeable though. Gave him a piece of my mind and left the scene. What else to do?
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 01:27   #5184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
....However, he felt the sidewall damage was not sizeable and I can still use the tire. They fixed it and the car is running on the this tire.

Now, I have not hit the highway after this incident. I am having a constant fear of what if the sidewall gives in. I dont have a pic of the sidewall damage - will post it tomorrow...
Why not use it as a spare?

Quote:
....2. Had my first accident on road - a minor one though. Early morning @ 6:30 am, a cabbie's Verito kissed by S-Cross's rear.

It was in the Inner Ring Road between Koramangala and Domlur. I was driving at around 60 kmph and had noticed a Golden Verito behind me driving rashly and with his headlights flashing...What else to do?
Whenever you see such morons behind you, let them pass. That way you'll have peace of mind. If you couldn't allow them to pass, make sure you drop your speeds and increase the distance from the vehicle in the front. Try braking slowly every now and then so that the guy behind also slows down and doesn't keep at your tail.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 03:37   #5185
BHPian

Quote:

Now, I have not hit the highway after this incident. I am having a constant fear of what if the sidewall gives in. I dont have a pic of the sidewall damage - will post it tomorrow.
Please do not take chances with tyres. If you are doubtful and have the fear of it giving in, replace the tyre. Tyre is one component which one should never compromise with.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 09:16   #5186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He confirmed that it cannot be fixed by the normal mushroom plug and it needed a hot patch. However, he felt the sidewall damage was not sizeable and I can still use the tire. They fixed it and the car is running on the this tire.
I wouldn't suggest you to use the tyre since, sidewall damage is something I consider as a non repairable damage. Second, the repair has not been done by the manufacturer and I am very much sure no manufacturer would recommend repairing. Please get the tyre changed considering the safety aspect.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 10:42   #5187
Distinguished - BHPian

SX4 S Cross - Current Vs Facelift, - Current international model still looks the best!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutisuzukiscrossfaceliftvsoldermodelfrontthreequarteroldvsnew854x1024.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutisuzukiscrossfaceliftvsoldermodelrearthreequarteroldvsnew854x1024.jpg

Source-IAB
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 10:56   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why not use it as a spare?
I always thought about that option also. My current spare is a JK and that is the only reason I am retaining it as the spare and running on the slightly damaged Contis.

Quote:
Whenever you see such morons behind you, let them pass. That way you'll have peace of mind. If you couldn't allow them to pass, make sure you drop your speeds and increase the distance from the vehicle in the front. Try braking slowly every now and then so that the guy behind also slows down and doesn't keep at your tail.
As an after thought, I should have slowed down and let him pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Please do not take chances with tyres. If you are doubtful and have the fear of it giving in, replace the tyre. Tyre is one component which one should never compromise with.
Ashwin at Sai Iyengar tires was very confident that the damage is minimal and the tire can be used without doubt. However, I have my own fears simply because I hit the highways at least once in 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I wouldn't suggest you to use the tyre since, sidewall damage is something I consider as a non repairable damage. Second, the repair has not been done by the manufacturer and I am very much sure no manufacturer would recommend repairing. Please get the tyre changed considering the safety aspect.
The sidewall damage was not accounted for while repair. It was only the main puncture that was in the main tread that was repaired. I know it is risky and told my concern multiple times to the tire guy. He, however, was very confident that the damage is minimal and I have nothing to worry.

Let me take a pic of the damaged tire and post it in my next post. Experts here also can take a look and give me an advice.
Old 14th July 2016, 12:38   #5189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
SX4 S Cross - Current Vs Facelift, - Current international model still looks the best!

Source-IAB
I agree with you Volkman, I had the pleasure of seeing a green SX4 S-Cross in the flesh (in Switzerland) a couple of years ago!

The vehicle was a class apart, with its understated front grill

The front grill of the S-Cross refresh reminds me of the garish front of the ugly duckling, the erstwhile Hyundai Elantra!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-hyundia-elantra.jpg

With Maruti selling more cars than Suzuki, Suzuki seems to be going the Maruti way, making each refresh worse than the predecessor!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 14th July 2016 at 12:53.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 15:05   #5190
Senior - BHPian

My recent trip to Nashik returned the best ever fuel efficiency for me. I got an average of ~24 kmpl for the entire trip. In fact, the FE displayed on MID had reached a point of 25.2 kmpl for a brief period. However, as mentioned in my thread, I found a superb empty and brand new patch of road and just floored the paddle. That reduced the MID value to 23.6 in no time.

Overall, a fantastic drive experience throughout. More details on my thread.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks