Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 01:54   #511
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not sure how relevant the information is and the data on this website. Paying here just for speculation.

Attachment 1399473

SOURCE:
www.carpati.in/scross-price

PS: At work now so using the Team-BHP App. Hence posting a screen shot.
If the given price is correct the S Cross is overpriced by around 50-70k variant to variant. The top end ddis 320 is dangerously close to the creta 1.6 sx (o) which is 13.5L ex showroom delhi. Hope these prices are not correct
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 02:09   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not sure how relevant the information is and the data on this website. Paying here just for speculation.
Hey buddy, either the website guys have played a bad prank on the visitors or Maruti has botched up the prices big time and I am pretty sure it is the former. My reasons below
  • If you notice, there is no mention of the Sigma variant - but this can be excused.
  • Difference between Zeta and Alpha for DDiS 200 is ~125k and for DDiS 320 is ~45k. Now, going by common sense, the difference should be huger in DDiS 320 due to the feature build up.
  • Difference between Delta and Zeta is for DDiS 200 is ~57k and for DDiS 320 is ~75k. This is more realistic which makes the Zeta vs Alpha more striking.

In fact the prices of all other variants appear to be pretty much on the mark and touching Creta prices. But the DDiS Alpha 200 is definitely wrong and if the prices quoted are correct, Maruti will never be able to justify this. IMO, it is more likely to be ~9.65 lakhs considering all other figures given are correct (I arrived at this figure going by the percentage difference between Zeta and Alpha for DDiS 320 and extrapolating the same ratio to the DDiS 200).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
If the given price is correct the S Cross is overpriced by around 50-70k variant to variant. The top end ddis 320 is dangerously close to the creta 1.6 sx (o) which is 13.5L ex showroom delhi. Hope these prices are not correct
Not really rockporiom. Creta SX(O) is 13.6 lakhs ex-Delhi and even if the figures given in the website are correct, there is a difference of 85k which I think is decent considering S-Cross offers almost the same value as Creta. Creta has 6 airbags and 17" alloys, better tires, rear AC and a bigger boot. S-Cross has cruise control, HIDs, telescopic steering, Soft touch dash and to top it all, Fiat's 1.6 L engine with 320 Nm torque. The 85k extra for Creta is for its SUV-ish looks and I think things are even

Last edited by Vigkey : 5th August 2015 at 02:15.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 06:47   #513
BHPian

If this is the actual price list SCross goes out of my shopping list. 200 DDIS looks to be way beyond my Budget.

5hrs more for the Launch. Hope the price list is a Hoax.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 07:06   #514
BHPian

Sandygordon's predictions for S cross prices

I think the prices given by Carpati are believable to some extent. It takes lot of effort to price the 1.3 alpha below 10L ex showroom. The price difference is around 2L between the 1.3 and 1.6. I have difference of opinion only on the 1.6 zeta prices, which should be atleast 1L lesser than the top end 1.6 (ie 11.74 ex showroom). Here are my predictions for today

1.3 Alpha 10.5L- More luxury than the i20 active, Jazz full options
1.3 Zeta 9.9L - Equally specced as the i20 active
1.3 Delta 8.9L - Equally priced as the regular i20
1.3 Sigma(0)8.3L
1.3 Sigma 7.9L

1.6 Alpha 12.2L - Equally priced as the duster RXZ 110, Undercuts Creta SX+
1.6 Zeta 11.1L - Lesser than Creta SX
1.6 Delta 10.4L - Lesser than the 1.3 alpha (Creates customer confusion between top end alpha and base 1.6)

Hope these are wrong and lets hope Maruti will price it say 25k-50k lesser than these 'guesses'
Old 5th August 2015, 07:36   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post

Not really rockporiom. Creta SX(O) is 13.6 lakhs ex-Delhi and even if the figures given in the website are correct, there is a difference of 85k which I think is decent considering S-Cross offers almost the same value as Creta. Creta has 6 airbags and 17" alloys, better tires, rear AC and a bigger boot. S-Cross has cruise control, HIDs, telescopic steering, Soft touch dash and to top it all, Fiat's 1.6 L engine with 320 Nm torque. The 85k extra for Creta is for its SUV-ish looks and I think things are even
When you put it that way the pricing does seem Ok but if Maruti could just sweeten it a little more by pricing it by around 25-30k lower it would be just great. The Alpha DDIS 200 looks the most VFM if one is ready to live with the 1.3 MJD. The DDIS 320 Alpha should have got something more to justify the high premium and look different. Maybe something like a sunroof or 17" wheels with better design and fatter tyres which would make it look special/different.

If a pricing wonder can be done by MSIL today we may see the S Cross in the top 10-15 cars sold in india and may soon see the Creta rolling out discounts.

Would be interesting to see the pricing and the market reaction to nexa and the S Cross in the coming months. Hope Maruti manages to get it right this time.
Old 5th August 2015, 07:53   #516
BHPian

After Hyundai disappointed me with their exorbitant price, I am hoping Maruti gives us a break, else I am going to wait it out for a few months and decide by year end when we should have some decent discounts. Also look forward to the Aspire automatic, if the on road price is less than 9, it definitely warrants a look for its got the best features in its segment and ideal for city conditions.
Old 5th August 2015, 08:52   #517
Senior - BHPian

well, I am not expecting any surprises from Maruti.

The car should start at 8L ex-showroom for the Sigma DDIS200 variant.
The top end Alpha DDIS200 should be between 10.5 - 11L ex-showroom.

The Alpha DDIS320 will be around 12L.

Though the above prices are reasonable, I think S-cross will still struggle in the market because of lack of the WOW factor/desirability/aspirational value etc etc.

I guess a lot of BHPIans are having lot of hopes on Maruti regards to the pricing.
I hope your expectations are met.

If Maruti indeed manages to price the DDIS200 Alpha below 10L, it will ensure decent sales.
The surprise in pricing, if any, will be a good one.
Maruti knows the response the S-cross has received and it is not that encouraging. The Creta in comparison created so much buzz and hype before launch. So, Maruti really can't afford to price it at a premium.

Last edited by adimicra : 5th August 2015 at 09:02.
Old 5th August 2015, 09:06   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got some time to go through the complete review. As usual, a fantastic review.

Good to see Maruti putting lot of efforts to improve the quality. First Ertiga, then Ciaz and now S-Cross. Whereas Honda is going in the reverse direction when compared to their earlier products.

For my requirement, the only negative that I am seeing is the boot space. Otherwise, S-Cross looks to be a superb package even beating Creta on the feature list. But as mentioned by many, the pricing will decide the fate of S-Cross.

And kudos to Maruti for bringing the 1.6 engine even before Fiat could do that.
Old 5th August 2015, 09:30   #519
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to maruti for finally listening to us and providing safety features right from base variant[Sigma(O)]. I dont care about the bells and whistles, just need decent ride quality with dual airbags and ABS. Rest alloys, ICE, parking sensors can be done after-market as per one's own taste. Secretly wishing in future 1.6L comes in a Sigma variant and a sticker price of 9.99

Rest, 10.75-11L looks like a reasonable asking rate for DDiS 320 zeta variant(considering only 67% localization) going up all the way till 12/12.5 for the top end. DDiS 200 undoubtedly will be the volume generator and should be priced between 8-11L. Anything more and this will see the new fiesta story repeated. Hope the lack of interest shown by the market translates to sane pricing by maruti(unlike the creta shock).
Old 5th August 2015, 09:53   #520
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sandygordon's predictions for S cross prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
1.3 Sigma(0)8.3L
1.3 Sigma 7.9L
As per the brochure (link in @volkman10's earlier post - for the 10+ MB S-Cross pdf Brochure with 28 pages!) there is no Sigma(O) variant, just Sigma
That's one of the reasons I updated my analysis/comparison of the variants (see page 31).

Last edited by NPV : 5th August 2015 at 09:56.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:14   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Seeing Your chart you will surely get the DDiS200 Alpha
I hope so Volkman10 ... just being wary of surprises, especially since they have been the trend this season.

Let's see what Mr. Kalsi comes out with
Old 5th August 2015, 11:25   #522
BHPian

tick-tock tick-tock 0.5 hours / 30 minutes / 1800 seconds to go!
car makers have found an amazing way of keeping people hooked on like this... just the way i was waiting for new honda city prices last year!
Old 5th August 2015, 11:25   #523
BHPian

The full ad of S-Cross. SO much better than the Creta commercial.

Whichcarnow is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 11:36   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
tick-tock tick-tock 0.5 hours / 30 minutes / 1800 seconds to go!
car makers have found an amazing way of keeping people hooked on like this... just the way i was waiting for new honda city prices last year!

25 mins for the song and dance shows. Longer for the prices. Lol.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:41   #525
BHPian

I remember reading on the internet today that the launch is at 11.30am

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks