Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 23:44   #5251
BHPian

Did some aesthetic / utility modifications on my 1.3 Zeta.
1. Shark fin antenna
2. LED pilot lamps
3. Chrome door handles
4. Double square exhaust muffler tip
5. Steering knob.

Some issues for uploading pictures. Will upload later.
Old 28th July 2016, 23:57   #5252
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Calm, sedate and looks boring.
On the highway, its a completely different animal - DDIS320 Beast !!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-kps_59472.jpg
kpzen is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 06:28   #5253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Did some aesthetic / utility modifications on my 1.3 Zeta.
1. Shark fin antenna
2. LED pilot lamps
3. Chrome door handles
5. Steering knob.

Some issues for uploading pictures. Will upload later.
Here goes the pictures. Some of these may not be liked by members,
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160728_212032_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160724_080812_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160724_080950_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160724_081130_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160724_081244_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160724_081253_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160724_081311_hdr.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 06:59   #5254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
My SA acknowledged this problem and forwarded the case to MSIL’s technical back-end along with photos of the Axle tube. He told that there was nothing to worry as it was just a sound coming from the axle-tube probably due to defective welding at some joint. Furthermore, he said that no damage is possible to any other suspension part because of this sound.

Upon this delay, I wrote a complaint to NEXA via e-mail and cited the entire case along with many words of disappointment. On the next day itself I got a call from the Regional Head of NEXA assuring closure of this issue asap.
@smitz, can you help with two things?

1. Do you have these photos and how can they be identified as faulty from them? Is that possible?

2. What was the email address (if it can be shared) that was used to escalate?

I am having a very loud clunking sound that appears on some of the turns, I am not able to reproduce the problem at will, which is causing more issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
PS: I also like the 2017 version of the SCross better. Somehow, it has the presence of BMW X1, in my personal opinion.
You are not alone, I also felt a presence of the X1 in this car.

Last edited by govigov : 29th July 2016 at 07:03.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 11:34   #5255
BHPian

I have been in the market for a new car for sometime now. Was keen on Duster AWD but we recently picked up Duster AMT so ruled that out for now. Kept the Scross out of the equation as it felt like an upgraded swift. Infact I did not even read the review till yesterday.

Now I am looking at S Cross 1.6 alpha as an option as I want to pick something asap. But have a few questions.
1) How bad is the NVH. Compared to a Swift / Duster / Creta , If levels are bad, is there something that can be done to make it better other than the tires
2) Is the 1.6 still being imported or is it being assembled locally
3) How is the AC performance in peak summers. Hyderabad / Tirupati / Chennai
4) Will driving in the city be a pain. Does the Turbolag cause frequent downshifts. For reference, I drive either Innova/Swift/i20 and Hyderabad has loads of rolling hills in the areas where I frequent
Old 29th July 2016, 11:59   #5256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post

Now I am looking at S Cross 1.6 alpha as an option as I want to pick something asap. But have a few questions.
1) How bad is the NVH. Compared to a Swift / Duster / Creta , If levels are bad, is there something that can be done to make it better other than the tires
4) Will driving in the city be a pain. Does the Turbolag cause frequent downshifts. For reference, I drive either Innova/Swift/i20 and Hyderabad has loads of rolling hills in the areas where I frequent
1. NVH levels are not bad. It's just that Creta has very good NVH levels. Tyre and wind noise is noticeable at high speeds.

2. 1.6 is not being imported or assembled locally. Maruti has imported 4500 engines in 2015 and not a single engine was imported this year. I believe Maruti would discontinue 1.6 S-Cross once the imported engines are exhausted.

3. I have not found any issues with AC performance. It cools the cabin quickly, but don't expect an AC like Old Figo.

4. City driving wouldn't be a pain. Yes, the trick is to maintain the rpm in turbo zone. 1.3 would be good choice for city driving.

Since you already have Duster AMT and it could be used in city. Get 1.6 S-Cross for pure highway fun .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:00   #5257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I have been driving a 1.6 Alpha from the past 3 months (and 3800km). So, to answer your questions:
1) NVH: Is acceptable, but I think there are more refined cars out there one segment below. Funnily enough, refinement seems to be less at city speeds (30-40kmph) and better at highway speeds (80-100kmph). There is a curious resonance at 1500rpm from the left side door/dash, which can get annoying. Overall, its OK but not class leading.
2) 1.6 Engine/Gearbox: I think the 1.6 engine/gearbox is no longer being imported. Maruti had imported a very large number a year back, prior to launch, and I think all 1.6 production continues to use the previously imported stock.
3) A/C Performance: Is pretty good. To me at least, using climate control, it cooled the cabin a bit faster than my old Figo did. And the Figo had a reputation as a chiller.
4) Turbo Lag: I commute in Bangalore using my car. Never, ever, in my 3 months of ownership, have I found the turbo lag to be a pain to manage in the city, whether traffic was bumper-to-bumper or free flowing. Even the "kick" at 1800rpm can be easily managed using judicious A-pedal inputs. As far as hills are concerned, I live in a locality in Bangalore which has fairly steep slopes. Some clutch slipping is required, but only if you are in a very tight spot uphill, and that too only from standstill till 10kmph in 1st gear. Drove to Ooty recently, and the slopes were very easily manageable.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 29th July 2016 at 12:01. Reason: clarity
KiloAlpha is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 13:07   #5258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@smitz, can you help with two things?

1. Do you have these photos and how can they be identified as faulty from them? Is that possible?

2. What was the email address (if it can be shared) that was used to escalate?

I am having a very loud clunking sound that appears on some of the turns, I am not able to reproduce the problem at will, which is causing more issues.
I don't have those photos with me as they were clicked by my SA. The fault does not get identified from the photos. The SA probably took those photos to identify the batch number of the tube to share it with MSIL back-end. I've mentioned in my detailed post, they only vetted the fault after multiple road tests and by swapping my axle tube with their Test car.

The email id of nexa is - contact@nexaexperience.com
smitz4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 15:21   #5259
BHPian

Can we expect discounts on S-cross during this festive season? Was there any during last year?
Old 29th July 2016, 15:47   #5260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Can we expect discounts on S-cross during this festive season? Was there any during last year?
S Cross is done in low volumes as of now, would continue so in 2016 as backlog of Brezza and Baleno is huge. S Cross bookings are being taken cautioning the waiting period could grow to 10 weeks.
In view of this there is likely no discounts will be offered during the festive season.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 15:52   #5261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
There is only corporate discount of 10k. I doubt dealer would provide more discounts for new stock as the production is very limited. You might get discounts if dealer has unsold car in their yard.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 17:39   #5262
BHPian

Quote:
Here goes the pictures. Some of these may not be liked by members,
Hi Sree, glad you modded the car to your liking. Kudos.
I have a few questions about the shark fin antenna
1. Did it require any drilling on the body and is it a complicated change to make?
2. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost?
3. Has it had any negative impact on FM and other signal reception?

Thanks.
Old 29th July 2016, 20:06   #5263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Hi Sree, glad you modded the car to your liking. Kudos.
I have a few questions about the shark fin antenna
1. Did it require any drilling on the body and is it a complicated change to make?
2. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost?
3. Has it had any negative impact on FM and other signal reception?

Thanks.
Hi mindovermotor,

1. Fixing of the shark fin antenna does not require any drilling. It's done with a double sided tape available at the bottom

2. I got it from amazon and it's approx Rs.700.

http://www.amazon.in/Auto-Pearl-Prem...ty+Black+Shark

3. No negative impact on FM / GPS signal reception. The audio quality is same as the original antenna.

Last edited by Sree73 : 29th July 2016 at 20:07.
Old 30th July 2016, 00:04   #5264
BHPian

My stallion Completed 10k Kms recently , in around 7 months of ownership! Its one of the most underrated cars , but the one who owns it..know the real pleasure. Posting some pics from the torrential rains of Delhi/NCR
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-cymera_20160729_235410.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-cymera_20160729_235508.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-cymera_20160729_235611.jpg  

Last edited by adik1984 : 30th July 2016 at 00:07.
adik1984 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 00:12   #5265
BHPian

Quote:
2. LED pilot lamps
Hi Dear,
Can you share the links from where the above 2 are procured? I tried searching for LED pilot lamps, but not sure about the authenticity.

Much Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks