Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:42   #5506
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Guys,

I've booked the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and the car is readily available in stock now. However, I am still in two minds about my choice for a couple of reasons:

1) The tyre+alloy wheel combo is horrible for a Rs. 14L car! Even getting them swapped is a task in itself.

2) Spare part cost. Saw KPZen's update regarding the air filter. Although it has a 40k km replacement interval, I would not stretch that long for my car and replace it proactively at around 15k kms. Is it just a few components that are priced exorbitantly, or are most spares ridiculously priced?

3) In general Maruti service staff is poorly trained to handle premium cars. They are a volume player and are used to the numbers game. Are cars sold through Nexa handled similarly?

4) I already see a failure on a relatively new Maruti. How has the reliability been so far for other customers?
Hi MF.

1) Wheel combo of 205 and 16" is sufficient, size wise. Only the tires provided are horrible. Just change them and all would be fine.

2) Service Cost of 1.6
Compared to other Maruti cars its expensive. However its still not as expensive as the Euro cars.
Average paid service cost should be around Rs 7500. (Every 10,000 kms)
Oil Filter - Rs 750
Air Filter - Rs 910
Engine Oil - Rs 2700
Paid service cost - Rs 1700

Parts under the hood are expensive. Rest of parts are mostly localized and being shared with its 1.3 sibling. So, cost is manageable.

3) Maruti service staff believes in equality and they treat all customers equally. Nexa sales staff may make you feel like a premium customer.

4) Hardly any reliability issues reported here. Except a few users had some noise from rear axle. It was replaced under warranty.
Its a tried and tested product.

Last edited by kpzen : 22nd August 2016 at 15:52.
kpzen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:44   #5507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I've booked the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and the car is readily available in stock now. However, I am still in two minds about my choice for a couple of reasons:

1) The tyre+alloy wheel combo is horrible for a Rs. 14L car! Even getting them swapped is a task in itself.

2) Spare part cost. Saw KPZen's update regarding the air filter. Although it has a 40k km replacement interval, I would not stretch that long for my car and replace it proactively at around 15k kms. Is it just a few components that are priced exorbitantly, or are most spares ridiculously priced?

3) In general Maruti service staff is poorly trained to handle premium cars. They are a volume player and are used to the numbers game. Are cars sold through Nexa handled similarly?

4) I already see a failure on a relatively new Maruti. How has the reliability been so far for other customers?
As the owner of a 1.6, here are my responses.

1. Please change the tyre as soon as you take delivery of the car. I budgeted for this when I bought my car. While the stock JK Elanzo tyre is OK-OK, JK as a manufacturer does not have a great reputation for quality. There is a thread dedicated for this in the Tyre & Alloy section.

2. Spares likely to be expensive only for engine/gearbox, as this is the fully imported part. Rest of the car is the same as the 1.3, mostly localised, so spares I think will be (relatively) affordable.

3. As stated by @Sree73, Nexa cars have dedicated service staff in dealer service centres.

4. Are you referring to the clutch slave cylinder failure? This might have been caused by battery acid corroding the slave cylinder mounting.
KiloAlpha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:56   #5508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Congrats!! 1.6 S-Cross is a good choice.

1. I have changed the stock alloys with machine finished alloys (official accessory for Brezza). It's a perfect fit. You can upgrade to better quality tyres in same size as stock.

2. Engine, gearbox, turbo, ECU etc is fully imported. These parts cost at least 2-3 times more than 1.3 variant. But this is not a problem and you have 4 years/80K KM warranty. Routine service parts would be slightly expensive compared to other Maruti cars. You can opt for MCP and save on service costs.

3. Maruti is planning to introduce exclusive service centres for Nexa cars. Even in regular MASS, there is separate bay for Nexa cars. Also there are exclusive SA's, territory managers for Nexa cars.

4. If you are talking about clutch slave cylinder, it's due to battery acid leak. No other major issues are documented.

I have driven around 3000 KM and car is doing great. This car literally spoils you and I find all my other cars underpowered .
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:15   #5509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) Spare part cost. Saw KPZen's update regarding the air filter. Although it has a 40k km replacement interval, I would not stretch that long for my car and replace it proactively at around 15k kms.
MF

Forgot to add in my previous post.

Why do you feel 40k km replacement is not a good idea ?
Manufacturer would have definitely tested it before making the maintenance schedule chart.

For the record, Innova also had 40k kms replacement interval for air filter.
And, everyone knows that car it was tried and tested in every part of our country and predominantly by taxi fellas who would have never done anything proactively.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:31   #5510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Why do you feel 40k km replacement is not a good idea ?
Manufacturer would have definitely tested it before making the maintenance schedule chart.

For the record, Innova also had 40k kms replacement interval for air filter.
And, everyone knows that car it was tried and tested in every part of our country and predominantly by taxi fellas who would have never done anything proactively.
I second that. Anyways air filter would be cleaned every 10K KM service. If air filter is very dirty, it can be replaced earlier depending on driving conditions.

According to my service manager, each and every part of 1.6 is more superior compared to 1.3. 1.3 has a TEL make turbo which has average build. This turbo is not able to handle high EGT levels. 1.6 gets a bigger fully imported Garrett GT1446VZ turbo. This turbo is more superior and can handle much higher EGT. I have no regrets paying few extra lakhs for 1.6 .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:34   #5511
BHPian

I had an accident today (self imposed). Was parallel parking in a hospital parking area and was in a hurry. Did not notice the fire hydrant (inverted "L" shape) protruding from the bushes on the side . It was not very visible and my concentration was in the reverse camera display since the ORVM showed a clear view with only some loosely running creepers from the compound wall. My RHS brake light glass cover broke. There was a small break on this one from the first week of ownership itself (Size of a 1 rupee coin). That was caused by a biker who hit his handle while trying to squeeze through at a signal. Covered that with a transparent tape and it was not visible. Now, time for replacement. Do not know how much is the cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160822_171648_hdr.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2016, 00:01   #5512
BHPian

Lately I have started noticing a kind of clicking/clanking noise from rear of car (1.3 Alpha sep-15) when I release the accelerator in any gear. It is more pronounced in lower gears and sounds like a clank and lower in higher gears and sounds like a click.

Anyone else experiencing it?
Old 23rd August 2016, 00:23   #5513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Lately I have started noticing a kind of clicking/clanking noise from rear of car (1.3 Alpha sep-15) when I release the accelerator in any gear. It is more pronounced in lower gears and sounds like a clank and lower in higher gears and sounds like a click.

Rear axle tub probably needs attention. Head to your nearest M.A.S.S. asap. Many on the forum have got it replaced under warranty.
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:49   #5514
BHPian

When I started my car today, I had the service system start message in the MID.
I tried uploading the picture but had issues with the server.
I am still waiting in the service centre. What would it be?
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:58   #5515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
When I started my car today, I had the service system start message in the MID.
I tried uploading the picture but had issues with the server.
I am still waiting in the service centre. What would it be?
Something related to keyless push start system.

Did you try again and check ?
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:17   #5516
BHPian

Quote:

Me too is experiencing the clanking sound. This sound is there for almost a month now. It appears to me from the driver seat frame/mounting. I'm getting this sound when taking a sharp turn or going over a pot hole or speed breaker. I can sense a slight jerk in the driver seat along with the sound.

Will get it addressed in the next scheduled service @20K KM.
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:36   #5517

Hi Guys.
My S-Cross has completed about 4 months now and clocked about 4500 kms.
The experience has been brilliant so far. Posting a few pics below.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_8008.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_8011.jpg
My Personal favorite

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_8013.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_8014.jpg
Hades1011 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:29   #5518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Hi Guys.
My S-Cross has completed about 4 months now and clocked about 4500 kms.
The experience has been brilliant so far. Posting a few pics below.
Nice pics buddy!!

Those led pivot lamps look more of amber than white . I hope it's the camera effect, should be white in real.
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:36   #5519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Update - The part arrived within 48 hours (inspite of the heavy flooding fiasco in Gurgaon)

But I managed to drop the car yesterady for the change. It took about 4-5 hours (including a complemenatry wash). Issue resolved - the sound has disappeared completely.

This was the first S-Cross to get the "dead axle" changed at Pasco Gurgaon, although they claim to the biggest Nexa dealer.

I will post a copy of the bill later, but was told that the part costed INR 18.xx k
Quote:
Thanks for posting this.

I went for 3rd servicing of my 1.3 with the same clunking noise problem. Initially the Pasco folks could not diagnose it. So I showed them your post, after which a MUL engineer examined and ordered for a replacement of the "dead axle". The part was not available in stock and should be in tomorrow / day after.

Can you post a copy of the bill or share the part number that got replaced in your car ?

Thank You
Quote:

Yours is the third case being reported on the forum. Ask them to check for the rear dead axle. Got mine replaced a couple of weeks back.
Old 24th August 2016, 09:11   #5520
BHPian

Quote:
Yours is the third case being reported on the forum. Ask them to check for the rear dead axle. Got mine replaced a couple of weeks back.
Got mine replaced too at around 6000 kilometres.

Love every bit of the 1.6 Zeta except for the annyoing rattle from somewhere on the front left, got a mind of its own. Ten homo sapiens have tried finding the source of the rattle but in vain.

I get around 16 kilometres to a litre in city driving conditions.

And yes, I have an updated engine map which reduces turbo lag.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20160824_090304.jpg  

coolkid is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks