Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2016, 19:22   #5626
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

S-Cross is back again into it's usual sales numbers in August with 2023 factory dispatches. Ciaz is outselling Honda City by a huge margin.

ref: http://www.autopunditz.com/
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 08:59   #5627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
S-Cross is back again into it's usual sales numbers in August with 2023 factory dispatches. Ciaz is outselling Honda City by a huge margin.

ref: http://www.autopunditz.com/
S Cross is a quality product with bland interiors. I hope they make they bring the refresh model very soon so that the sales numbers pick up.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:57   #5628
BHPian

I've shortlisted 1.6 Alpha variant, but, worried if any refresh is due shortly. Any tentative dates for the refresh/face-lift or not in the next 1 year. Thanks.
Old 6th September 2016, 10:03   #5629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I've shortlisted 1.6 Alpha variant, but, worried if any refresh is due shortly. Any tentative dates for the refresh/face-lift or not in the next 1 year. Thanks.
Not anytime soon with the capacity and product portfolio they have on hand.( Baleno RS, Ignis, S Cross(P), New Swift, etc.)
First you should see the spy pics of the facelift on test here and take an approx. 1 year from there

Likely a 2018 launch.

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th September 2016 at 10:06.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 10:33   #5630
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Not anytime soon with the capacity and product portfolio they have on hand.

Likely a 2018 launch.
Thanks for the information.

Even I have almost shortlisted S-Cross 1.6L Alpha.

Not worried about the facelift as I want the current generation only. Facelift looks bad to my eyes especially the front end.

Could be buying it anytime between December'16 to March'17.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:05   #5631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks for the information.

Even I have almost shortlisted S-Cross 1.6L Alpha.

Not worried about the facelift as I want the current generation only. Facelift looks bad to my eyes especially the front end.

Could be buying it anytime between December'16 to March'17.
Awesome!!

If you buy 1.6 S-Cross, it would be helpful for others . You will surely come up with few DIY suff

I too like the present model.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 6th September 2016 at 11:06.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:15   #5632
Senior - BHPian

My wife's Chevy Spark is near 50k KMs odo reading now. I am so tempted to pass on my 1.3 Zeta to her and get a 1.6 Alpha for myself. Some may say this is over the board fanboyism, but that 1.6 engine is crazy.

The moment I trigger this topic, all hell is going to break loose initially.
ajay_satpute is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:52   #5633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with Kpzen Sir.

The part number found on the air filter picture posted by Dr. Naren it reads 13780-62M00

This number isn't for an Indian manufactured or Maruti Suzuki specific part. Reason is parts that are labeled by Maruti Suzuki would be having an 'M' in between like below:

13780M62M00

Please find the picture of the air filter on my Swift ZDi (Mahle manufactured but Indian Maruti specific)

PS: Part number had that 'M' in between.
Spot on !!

XXXXX (-/X) - XXX XX

Part code : Source : Model : Variant

XXXXX = Part code (5 digit)
( All air filter would start with 13780 number, similarly for other parts )

( - (Dash) / M ) = -(Dash) means Suzuki part & M means Maruti Suzuki part

XXX - Car model -
86J Swift Diesel.
75K Swift petrol.
62M S-cross diesel

XX - Variant

Quote:
I agree with Kpzen Sir.
Anurag ji,
No Sir please, Prajesh would be fine.
kpzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 13:53   #5634
BHPian

I have been following this thread for quite a while and most probably as a result, my first car is going to be (no points for guessing) S Cross DDiS 320 Alpha.

However, the confusion is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Engine underbelly is protected by a metal sheet. You can't see the ground:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the under-body pic of the DDiS320 taken at the service centre. Understand you were looking for the guard protector for the engine sump.

Attachment 1476793
As per volkman's post and my own observation at Nexa, it is missing in current car as opposed to the car used in the official review. Is it possible that it was present in the first batch and done away with in the subsequent lots.? I took a look under the engine bay. It does seem like there are bolting points just right for a sump guard.

Early owners, please shed some light.

It is not a deal breaker at all but just increses the peace of mind quotitent. My car shall see moderate to high touring usage and one can never predict the quality of roads. Given the fact that we have already seen a punctured sump on this thread, it not invincicle after all despite the decent GC. As per some other posts, Service centre claims it is left open for air circulation. In that case, a perforated sump guard would do the job just fine. Given its crossover positioning, a sump guard would be basic i guess. Even my dad's 2011 manza gets a solidly built sump guard. So does the avventura t-jet. I haven't inspected the underbody of any other crossover since they weren't shortlisted.
Old 6th September 2016, 14:10   #5635
Distinguished - BHPian

My 1.6 S-Cross

Finally gets Team Bhp sticker!!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dsc_1934.jpg

Car has run around 4000 KM and doing great. Thanks to Fiat for this gem of an engine. Also the 6 speed gearbox is imported (M32).
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 14:25   #5636
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
I have been following this thread for quite a while and most probably as a result, my first car is going to be (no points for guessing) S Cross DDiS 320 Alpha.

However, the confusion is here.

I took a look under the engine bay. It does seem like there are bolting points just right for a sump guard.
I think the under engine sheet cover was plastic / fibre material. Surely not capable of providing protection from any possible impact. At best it can prevent shrubs etc from engine.
Old 6th September 2016, 15:04   #5637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My wife's Chevy Spark is near 50k KMs odo reading now. I am so tempted to pass on my 1.3 Zeta to her and get a 1.6 Alpha for myself. Some may say this is over the board fanboyism, but that 1.6 engine is crazy.

The moment I trigger this topic, all hell is going to break loose initially.
I have an incidence of that kind near my place. About 6 months ago teo brothers of the same house got themselves a white S-Cross Alpha 1.3 each on the same day. If that wasn't a shocker for the colony, their tennaant got a silver Alpha 1.6 a month later. The sight of 3 S-Cross infront of one house is weird-ish. Sales figures apart, the car does seem to have found a place in many enthusiasts hearts majorly due to the DDiS 320 and the suspension-handling departing
Old 6th September 2016, 16:25   #5638
Senior - BHPian

Drove 1350 km to my native Palakkad, Kerala. Was a breeze driving the car with zero fatigue, still took a break at Bangalore for the night.
About the car, no regrets spending close to 15 lacs. With 7000 clicks till date on the odo, the engine has started opening up slowly. Managed to do triple digits with ease and the 6th gear and cruise control was a boon.
One observation regarding which Diesel to use. The engine sounded very rough and low on power with Shell Diesel. Switched to BPCL and the engine now sounds smooth and feels more peppy.
During the drive, one of the horns started sounding meek. Installed Roots Windtone Electronic dual tones with proper wiring and Relay. Has that Praap sound similar to the ones in VW.
Now the car sounds more european.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-14232521_10208599374236415_4493195059971623769_n.jpg  

Last edited by rakesh_r : 6th September 2016 at 16:27.
rakesh_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:55   #5639
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
I think the under engine sheet cover was plastic / fibre material. Surely not capable of providing protection from any possible impact. At best it can prevent shrubs etc from engine.
Just to clarify that I have 2015, 1.6 cladding towards front with respect to engine sump is plastic material and not likely to offer protection on bad roads. However behind it i.e. towards rear side with respect to engine sump is of metal sheet of reasonable thickness and could be called protective. Engine sump is open but not protruding.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160906_183354.jpg  

Sip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 19:36   #5640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
One observation regarding which Diesel to use. The engine sounded very rough and low on power with Shell Diesel. Switched to BPCL and the engine now sounds smooth and feels more peppy..
I found that it performs best on IOC diesel. Have been using IOC for 135K kms on the Ritz and for the past 7K kms on the s-cross.

Weirdly have never used HP or shell fuel in the past.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks