Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 10:23   #5641
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Just in case 1.6 owner wondering how much 20k service going to cost, below is my bill.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20160907_102152.jpg  

chaudharysaab is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 11:53   #5642
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by SDP : 7th September 2016 at 12:56. Reason: Please see inline note
komalthecoolk is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th September 2016, 12:47   #5643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Just in case 1.6 owner wondering how much 20k service going to cost, below is my bill.
I think the bill amount is not high for 20k service. If I am not wrong, fuel filter is changed only at 10k intervals, which is one of the major contributor.

Thanks for sharing the info. Considering the fact that 1.3 parts are cheaper than 1.6 parts (barring consumables), the bill amount will be approx 2k lower.
Old 7th September 2016, 13:16   #5644
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I think the bill amount is not high for 20k service. If I am not wrong, fuel filter is changed only at 10k intervals, which is one of the major contributor.

Thanks for sharing the info. Considering the fact that 1.3 parts are cheaper than 1.6 parts (barring consumables), the bill amount will be approx 2k lower.
You'll save another 1000 odd bucks on the engine oil (3.2 vs 5.1 l)
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 16:32   #5645
BHPian

Yes, and Wheel Alignment and Balancing is also not there in my bill, so for 1.6, bill for major service will always be around 10000 Rs. i will be having 30K KM service soon hence looking forward hows that going to be.
Old 8th September 2016, 07:35   #5646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Sachin

Thanks for sharing

Few queries

1. As per manual, brake oil and clutch fluid has to be replaced at 20k kms. Any reason why they didn't do that ?

2. Air filter was replaced on your request or for a reason ?

3. Why extra labor has been added for Brake servicing ?
Old 8th September 2016, 09:13   #5647
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of the guys turn away from S-Cross due to looks. Even I was not a fan of front look. But with minor wrapping, I feel the car looks better. Don't you guys agree?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160907wa0000.jpg

I had got very impressive 10.1 seconds 0-100 run using torque pro app.

I tried with V Box sport and the result is

0-100 : 11.26 seconds

Autocar claimed : 11.5 seconds

I am happy that I am faster than Autocar
Dr.Naren is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 10:38   #5648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Most of the guys turn away from S-Cross due to looks. Even I was not a fan of front look. But with minor wrapping, I feel the car looks better. Don't you guys agree?
Can you explain what wrapping you did with a few more pictures may be? The S-cross doesn't look great in pictures but every time I've seen it in person on the roads, it defintely grabs my attention as in "What is that car?". Still doesn't look like an SUV or cross-over but has good road presence. Waiting for the inspiration boiling point to take the leap and go with this quality car from Maruti
Old 8th September 2016, 11:24   #5649
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naren,

I am also planning to get the white portion between the grille and air dam wrapped in black - not sure if I should go with glossy black or matte black. I guess you have gone with the matte black one. It matches the black cladding the S-Cross has. But, somehow, I feel gloss black will look good too.

Also IMO, with this mod, the twin slat chrome grille looks a bit awkward. I would preferably get that wrapped too - just leaving the Suzuki logo floating. Did you try that or were you fine having the chrome as it is? Ideally, in addition to the wrapping, I would love to have a chrome outline for the huge trapezium - bordering the bonnet lining, grille and air dam - to have a la Audi look

Something like below. Pardon me, Naren, to use your pic and apply crude editing techniques into it. I am sure the real result will look MUCH better than what is below.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_mod.jpg

Back to reality, I am still thinking if I should just let it remain as it is or get the whole thing wrapped

Last edited by Vigkey : 8th September 2016 at 11:43.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 11:51   #5650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hey Naren,

I am also planning to get the white portion between the grille and air dam wrapped in black - not sure if I should go with glossy black or matte black. I guess you have gone with the matte black one. It matches the black cladding the S-Cross has. But, somehow, I feel gloss black will look good too.

Also IMO, with this mod, the twin slat chrome grille looks a bit awkward. I would preferably get that wrapped too - just leaving the Suzuki logo floating. Did you try that or were you fine having the chrome as it is? Ideally, in addition to the wrapping, I would love to have a chrome outline for the huge trapezium - bordering the bonnet lining, grille and air dam - to have a la Audi look

Something like below. Pardon me, Naren, to use your pic and apply crude editing techniques into it. I am sure the real result will look MUCH better than what is below.

Back to reality, I am still thinking if I should just let it remain as it is or get the whole thing wrapped
Matte black wrap was done to match the black cladding. I had kept a piece of gloss black wrap and it looked little odd. But I feel gloss black wrap on chrome grill would look good. Also instead of chrome outlined trapezium, I would go for gloss black.

Cheers!!
Old 8th September 2016, 12:17   #5651
BHPian

There was a major fire at one of Maruti's Vendors at Haryana yesterday

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle9083058.ece
Old 8th September 2016, 15:29   #5652

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I found that it performs best on IOC diesel. Have been using IOC for 135K kms on the Ritz and for the past 7K kms on the s-cross.

Weirdly have never used HP or shell fuel in the past.
Do diesel from different pumps really differ so much? It's a surprise for me. I just go for location convenient pump.

Any other similar experiences?

~Devendra~
Old 8th September 2016, 15:34   #5653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Also IMO, with this mod, the twin slat chrome grille looks a bit awkward. I would preferably get that wrapped too - just leaving the Suzuki logo floating.
S Cross with the twin chrome in black, and the S logo in chrome!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-14184500_1121792097887967_2703532128075490768_n.jpg

Source - Suzukiblog
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 15:48   #5654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross with the twin chrome in black, and the S logo in chrome!

Source - Suzukiblog
S-Cross??

This is Suzuki Vitara, I believe.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 16:13   #5655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross??

This is Suzuki Vitara, I believe.
Yes it is the Grand Vitara, the twin slant at the front is similar to that in the S Cross.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks