Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 12:57   #556
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Maruti is charging exactly 3 lakhs for the 1.6L engine vs the 1.3L. This is a huge amount to be paying for a bigger engine. I was expecting a 1-1.5 lakh premium for the 1.6 over the 1.3 but definitely not a whooping 3 lakhs!. It's outright absurd to be paying 17 lakhs in Bangalore for the S-cross.

All of a sudden the Creta SX(O) with 6 airbags, ESP, hill hold looks VFM compared to the S-cross.
Vid6639 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:57   #557
BHPian

I think the guys at Hyundai must be heaving a sigh of relief!

Ford too!
Old 5th August 2015, 12:57   #558
BHPian

Honestly 17.5 lacs OTR Bangalore , no rear AC vents two air bags epic fail. I see lot of value in Vento TDI DSG highline at 14.5 OTR Bangalore.
csnanjappa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:58   #559
BHPian

OK.
All the hype over. A bit let down feeling.
Creta and S Cross launch and expectations not withstanding, a serious look at all options now to be considered and would be looking at Renault Duster seriously.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:58   #560
BHPian

Since I don't need the diesel per se but was still interested in buying the s cross, it has horrendous pricing when compared to the petrol variants of creta. Road presence is not a strong point of s cross. IMO it isnt a winner.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:00   #561
BHPian

Compared to Creta and other competitors, VFM game was most that could have worked for S-Cross, but there it goes down the drain!
It could have priced competitively and taken the competition head-on. Quite surprised how in a month the Duster suddenly transformed from an overpriced spartan SUV to a more desirable unit. And with this pricing I'm sure Renault is laughing all the way to the bank not caring to do anything major to the interiors now.

This just could've had a cascading effect to the whole segment. Maruti just blew it for us customers!

Last edited by jayded : 5th August 2015 at 13:06.
jayded is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:01   #562
BHPian

Whoa! That's some HIGH pricing!

Dear Hyundai,

Please, please, please now don't get too greedy ad reduce the number of features in your Creta just like you did with the i20 Elite!

BTW, all these prices makes XUV 500 look so VFM! That too with their price increase!
Got to appreciate M&M on this!

Oh and don't forget the already forgotten TATA Aria! Hexa, you have to be well priced now!

People will now "X-Cross" the "S-cross" off their list!
RavSam is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:01   #563
Senior - BHPian

So 'in for a surprise and dont be too optimistic' both came true. In the way I predicted it to be

Is it Good bye S Cross as of now?

I had a feeling that DDIS 320 will be at par with top end Duster (there is no way Maruti will price a car they consider more premium than Duster at prices lower than it. I mean look at other markets, everywhere S Cross is more expensive). However, I did not think they will go a step further and outprce it beyond Creta too.

Hyundai would be pleasantly surprised now. Creta will have a free run!!

Last edited by vibbs : 5th August 2015 at 13:02.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:02   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Maruti is charging exactly 3 lakhs for the 1.6L engine vs the 1.3L. This is a huge amount to be paying for a bigger engine. I was expecting a 1-1.5 lakh premium for the 1.6 over the 1.3 but definitely not a whooping 3 lakhs!.
Infact for the Zeta version, DDiS200 will be getting Reverse Parking Camera, Auto AC, Cruise Control System more compared to DDiS320. DDiS320 will get Auto Dimming IRVM which is not there in DDiS200 Zeta.

That makes the difference more than 3 lakhs. I would say 3.4 lakh range. That's absurd.
mrbaddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:02   #565
Senior - BHPian

Haha! Surprising pricing indeed. . I have a feeling that Hyundai and the Creta are going to laugh all the way to the bank. Nissan and Renault will be opening their second bubbly in 2 months.

Off my list. Why did you go over ambitious, MS? Good vehicle but pricing if off. Will be interesting to see how NEXA progress from here. One thing is very apparent, the market is pushing pricing very high for products that are actually not so premium in reality. Rather than celebrating or accepting this trend, we should vote with our wallets wisely and help correct the market. My opinion.

Good wishes to the potential owners. First time I caught a vehicle launch live and just in time to see the prices flash on screen. And sadness followed.

Funny, when the RM initially said pricing will be under 14L ex-showroom, many of us laughed it off and didn't acknowledge. At least I didn't.

On the other hand, something had to give for the fancy showrooms, the suits and iPads.

Last edited by k_ajay : 5th August 2015 at 13:26.
k_ajay is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:03   #566
BHPian

Bye Bye S Cross ...best of luck selling this car now.

This is way above what my RM has been communicating to me all along. This is insane, i was told 12 about, 13.74 is nowhere near 12!!
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:03   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai happy, Renault relieved, Ford feeling fantastic , customers crushed!! Why Suzuki, why?

The new NEXA thing, the overheads of having them have influenced the pricing for that"premium" feel. Hope it doesn't become a dud, like the baleno, kizashi and Vitara. C segment sedans will not feel the bite.

PS: I am very happy now to have bought a way better looking car, with a boot, better power-weight ratio, and the same 1.3L returning significantly higher FE with equally/marginally less quality fit n finish at a cheaper price!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 5th August 2015 at 13:12. Reason: added content
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:03   #568
Senior - BHPian

Finally, another shock !! Duster was itself overpriced and now Creta and SCross has taken this to a new level altogether Commanding 3L for the FIAt 1.6 engine seems a joke!!

Wait for 5-6 months and then we will start getting discounts on SCross !!
neoonwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 13:04   #569
Senior - BHPian

13.74 for a Golf sized hatchback from MSIL? Seriously? That's way higher than my 7 seat 14 lac Lodgy that's got 3 row AC and other features.

Thank you MSIL for the price botch up. I'll be smiling every time I drive my Lodgy.
Old 5th August 2015, 13:05   #570
Team-BHP Support

It's definitely a goodbye to the DDiS320 ! I don't think anyone's gonna be paying a 3 lakh differential for merely an engine !
Eddy is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks