Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2016, 09:14   #5701
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The 90HP VGT engines are more refined and powerful than the 75HP FGT by principle. No point comparing the Dzire's mill with the S Cross 1.3's
Open the bonnet and you would not find major difference between 1.3 Multijet engines used in Dzire / S-Cross. Maruti has worked on insulation to keep the noise levels lesser inside cabin. Actual Engine noise is more or less the same.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 09:29   #5702
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Open the bonnet and you would not find major difference between 1.3 Multijet engines used in Dzire / S-Cross. Maruti has worked on insulation to keep the noise levels lesser inside cabin. Actual Engine noise is more or less the same.
Yes Dr.Naren basically I wanted to highlight the point of better insulation in S-cross from the perception point of a person who handled S-cross for the first time. And it was his very first comment immediately after ignition. Regarding other aspects there is more or less unanimity about S-cross being superior.

EDIT : I extend apology to readers (esp fellow BHPian DRIV3R) for my last post could have more clarity.

Last edited by Sip : 11th September 2016 at 09:52.
Sip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 08:01   #5703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Do you use the 'half clutch' method when you are standstill at signals for short duration? If yes, Please try releasing the clutch a little further than usual and see. I had the same issue initially, but sorted after I got adjusted to long clutch travel.
Hi Prasanna-Indaje - I don't think I use half clutch method in signals when at stand still. Nevertheless I will recheck on this in my next drive and confirm on this.
Old 12th September 2016, 11:17   #5704
BHPian

3rd Free Service completed for my 1.6 Delta. Paid 5,000 in all including labour charges for Wheel Balancing & Alignment.

Some Points to be noted:
- Cabin Air Filter was not changed & the mechanic only blew air to remove the dust from it. He told it can last another 10,000 Kms.
- Tyres were rotated from Front to Back as the ones on the front were little more worn out than rear.
- It has been discussed a lot here about the pricing of the 1.6 Oil Filter vs the 1.3 Oil Filter. I inquired about the same & was told that the size of the 1.3 Oil Filter is smaller . Still, it does not justify such exorbitant cost.

MSIL’s Service for NEXA products requires some concern:

- Owing to some circular, they are to open a new Service Workshop dedicated only for NEXA cars, but still no such Workshop has started.
- As a result NEXA cars have to line up among all other Maruti Cars waiting to be serviced along. At my local agency, there is a shortfall of mechanics who attend to Nexa cars. Hence, due to high rush my car was delivered to me 2 hours later than the scheduled delivery time.
- The workers who clean the car are not trained on how to treat NEXA cars particularly the S-cross. They exercise a very rough & damaging approach, especially while opening/moving the car doors, front bonnet, rear bonnet, seats, steering wheel etc. I’ve seen this sort of treatment being normally given to Altos/Swifts/Other hatch backs of Maruti & even on the Ciaz/Ertiga.
smitz4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 13:18   #5705
BHPian

I lost my navigation SD card. I had given the car for service in June and only recently I realized that it was missing. I am the sole driver of the car. I checked with my service advisor if he found it as I remember he mentioning that he had updated the software of the ICE. He said he does not have it. Can't even directly point the finger at him anymore as so much time has passed. I don't use the card and hence did not know it was missing. Only recently while demonstrating the ICE to a friend I observed it was missing. A new one will cost Rs. 3500. Have decided not to get it as I don't use it. Suggest you guys take out the card while giving your car for service

Last edited by Satishtv : 12th September 2016 at 13:20.
Satishtv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 13:33   #5706
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Suggest you guys take out the card while giving your car for service
That was the first thing that SA asked me to do when I visited the service station - all three times.

Just got me thinking, is there a way to keep a backup and restore it in a new SD card if lost ?
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 20:07   #5707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
That was the first thing that SA asked me to do when I visited the service station - all three times.

Just got me thinking, is there a way to keep a backup and restore it in a new SD card if lost ?
Quote:
I lost my navigation SD card. I had given the car for service in June and only recently I realized that it was missing. I am the sole driver of the car. I checked with my service advisor if he found it as I remember he mentioning that he had updated the software of the ICE. He said he does not have it. Can't even directly point the finger at him anymore as so much time has passed. I don't use the card and hence did not know it was missing. Only recently while demonstrating the ICE to a friend I observed it was missing. A new one will cost Rs. 3500. Have decided not to get it as I don't use it. Suggest you guys take out the card while giving your car for service
Do not worry, Just buy one SD card of 4 GB (will cost you around Rs400) and follow instruction at following location:
http://www.marutisuzuki.com/map_updation.aspx

Dont worry about data from old card, just download new files and copy it into new card.

Last edited by chaudharysaab : 12th September 2016 at 20:10.
chaudharysaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 20:09   #5708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Trident Honda has a board inside the service area - remove SD card, coins, valuables etc before handing over the car.
Old 12th September 2016, 21:50   #5709
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Anyone who bought/ buys the 1.6 S Cross will enjoy the fact of his/ her decision a couple years down the line. Because it is simply so much more car than the others in its immediate radius of "competition".
Seriously, the more I see them, the more I like these cars. They have every qualification to become one of those quiet icons in Indian Motoring and perhaps 10-15 years on, to take on the mantle of "Classic". And the best part is that if maintained well, these have the capacity to remain in good shape years down the line as well.
The better things in life, quite clearly, are NOT for the masses and personally Im quite happy with this fact.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th September 2016 at 21:52.
shankar.balan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 09:23   #5710
Senior - BHPian

I ordered following 3 items from Amazon. More details in my thread.

Cushions
http://www.amazon.in/Raaisin-Comfort...ilpage_o02_s00

Door guards
http://www.amazon.in/AUTO-CAR-WINNER...ilpage_o03_s00

Shark Fin antenna
http://www.amazon.in/Auto-Pearl-Prem...ilpage_o04_s00
Old 13th September 2016, 09:51   #5711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Did you fit the antenna? These fellows were selling same thing for Brezza but it doesn't fit. I sent it for refund and these buggers stopped replying, neither they've refunded the money.
Old 13th September 2016, 09:53   #5712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Did you fit the antenna? These fellows were selling same thing for Brezza but it doesn't fit. I sent it for refund and these buggers stopped replying, neither they've refunded the money.
No. I have not yet fitted the antenna. How easy or difficult was it to remove the stock antenna and fit this? Can the stock be fitted back easily?
Old 13th September 2016, 11:22   #5713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
No. I have not yet fitted the antenna. How easy or difficult was it to remove the stock antenna and fit this? Can the stock be fitted back easily?
Basically you'll have to remove the antenna only, the base stays. This has an antenna inside it which is to be connected to the base, and then this is fixed using 3M double tape covering the base under it. No idea if it'll hold good. Haven't you tried?
Old 13th September 2016, 12:09   #5714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Basically you'll have to remove the antenna only, the base stays. This has an antenna inside it which is to be connected to the base, and then this is fixed using 3M double tape covering the base under it. No idea if it'll hold good. Haven't you tried?
I have installed the shark fin antenna (from Amazon) couple of months back. It's a perfect fit so far. No issues.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:15   #5715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have installed the shark fin antenna (from Amazon) couple of months back. It's a perfect fit so far. No issues.
Is it the same antenna which I shared in my post? I found it a bit smaller for the S-Cross. I think the shark fin antenna on the new Honda City is bigger in size, hence I thought that I have got the wrong antenna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks