Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2016, 20:14   #5746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I am not sure the issue I am facing is same as the clank / tak-tak sound many reported for which the rear axle tube was replaced. Please clarify.

The issue: When I accelerate quickly OR when I enter / exit curves OR on some bad roads, my S-Cross 1.6 gives a small but highly irritating sound. I feel it comes from under the driver seat - pretty much like the rivet holding the seat to the chassis is loose - it is like the sound of metal to metal rubbing. This is not something that occurs every time - but the frequency has increased off late.

I had reported the issue during the first service when the sound was very feeble and I was told it was resolved. Also, we could not replicate it in the post service test drive. After that it reappeared in some days and now it has become very irritating.

Folks who replaced the rear axle tube, please confirm if the issue you faced was similar to this or not.
I had the same problem. Its a problem with the seat alignment and screws. Service guys took a whole day and fixed it for me...should get fixed
speed crusader is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 20:59   #5747
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure the issue I am facing is same as the clank / tak-tak sound many reported for which the rear axle tube was replaced. Please clarify.

The issue: When I accelerate quickly OR when I enter / exit curves OR on some bad roads, my S-Cross 1.6 gives a small but highly irritating sound. I feel it comes from under the driver seat - pretty much like the rivet holding the seat to the chassis is loose - it is like the sound of metal to metal rubbing. This is not something that occurs every time - but the frequency has increased off late.

I had reported the issue during the first service when the sound was very feeble and I was told it was resolved. Also, we could not replicate it in the post service test drive. After that it reappeared in some days and now it has become very irritating.

Folks who replaced the rear axle tube, please confirm if the issue you faced was similar to this or not.
The seat is the culprit here. I have had it rectified for the umpteenth time but it comes again just like Diwali and Holi. It's a faulty design issue or something wrong with the nut bolt set; can't comment on that as of now. The next time the noise comes I'm definitely going to ask them for replacement of the relevant part(s) be it the whole driver seat.
chintu_91 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 20:53   #5748
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:

This does not seem related to the rear axle. Get your Seat Belt Buckle checked. My seat buckle has got some play in it and emits similar kind of sound that you mention.
smitz4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 11:31   #5749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
I do hear sometimes when I take curves and I can pin point this coming from the driver's seat assembly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
I had the same problem. Its a problem with the seat alignment and screws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
The seat is the culprit here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
This does not seem related to the rear axle. Get your Seat Belt Buckle checked.
Thanks guys. I will get the seat assembly checked the next time I visit the service station. This is not a critical issue and I guess it can wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Other than this I can feel the suspension has become a tad hard and can feel the potholes a little more.I am not sure if the suspension springs to be blamed or the hard compound tires showing it's character.
I too have feet the potholes more nowadays. I guess the suspension spring has probably stiffened as my S-Cross is running on Contis.
Old 19th September 2016, 17:40   #5750
BHPian

Do any one know the NCAP test results of Indian S-Cross? (Not sure the Indian S-Cross is subjected to the test)
Old 19th September 2016, 17:42   #5751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Do any one know the NCAP test results of Indian S-Cross? (Not sure the Indian S-Cross is subjected to the test)
Not yet, only the ASEAN NCAP rating of the Hungarian built S Cross is done.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 09:35   #5752
BHPian

Hi,

Got a call from Kalyani motors yesterday about a general inspection for my S-cross as a first anniversary celebrations of NEXA on this Sunday. A gift pack is also promised which I am not sure what exactly may be.

They said that if I have any problems, they will take them up directly with Maruti-Suzuki. Here are some of the problems I am facing/had,

1. Need to take the car to the SC thrice as the EBD light came up. (Though it did not come up during 1200 km run over weekend).
2. Hard suspension at the back.
3. Slight jitter in the clutch if you partially press it.
4. Slight jitter in the gear handle even when the car is in motion. (I know I am not supposed to keep my hand on the gear lever, but in Bengaluru, its inevitable)
5. I am feeling little low power beyond 80. In fact struggled a bit over the weekend on a stretch between Tumkur and Chitradurga which is part of the golden quadrilateral with only 2+1 onboard.

Am I getting paranoid or should I actually point these problems.

Girish

Last edited by girishv : 20th September 2016 at 09:38.
Old 20th September 2016, 15:43   #5753
BHPian

I saw this pic in the official review, I asked the sales guys in Nexa if such a possibility exists, but they have no clue. I know such an option is available in the Vitara Brezza, but not sure if removal of seat base is possible in S-Cross, in lower variants

I checked in a Zeta variant, it seemed like the complete seat has to be dismantled to have he seat base removed and positioned like this.

Can some owners of the 1.6 Alpha variant confirm if such a seat arrangement is possible? Perhaps is possible on the top end variant.

It means a lot to me and is a deciding factor before booking the car, any help / pointers to this direction would be really appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross22.jpg  

Old 20th September 2016, 16:53   #5754
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
I saw this pic in the official review, I asked the sales guys in Nexa if such a possibility exists, but they have no clue. I know such an option is available in the Vitara Brezza, but not sure if removal of seat base is possible in S-Cross, in lower variants

I checked in a Zeta variant, it seemed like the complete seat has to be dismantled to have he seat base removed and positioned like this.

Can some owners of the 1.6 Alpha variant confirm if such a seat arrangement is possible? Perhaps is possible on the top end variant.

It means a lot to me and is a deciding factor before booking the car, any help / pointers to this direction would be really appreciated.
Yes its quite possible in my 1.6 Zeta. On 2 places seat is fixed but you have to trace these 2 points and the with little force the seat comes out. It can be refitted. There are no screws but it could be removed and fixed again. Seat base as a single piece comes out and could be placed as indicated.

Thus seats can be brought in the position as indicated in picture. My RM to was also unaware of this. I did see another RM showing it to customers.

Last edited by Sip : 20th September 2016 at 16:58.
Old 20th September 2016, 17:40   #5755
BHPian

Thank you for the information. Can I request to help me with a photo of where the 2 points are located?

For example, would it help if I put my hand in the area where the back rest and seat base meet, and move hand along to get to this points?
vidyasagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 18:10   #5756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the information. Can I request to help me with a photo of where the 2 points are located?

For example, would it help if I put my hand in the area where the back rest and seat base meet, and move hand along to get to this points?
I did try to do it now. My guess is the position from where we would need to pull the seat is in the front, right behind the middle of the 2 front seats. Since I had a child car seat, could not proceed further
Old 20th September 2016, 18:42   #5757
Sip
BHPian

Quote:

Yes its on either side of the seat. You can feel it with your hand just push upward. The whitish socket is one of the two identically positioned points.

EDIT - Do it from towards front of seat and not from towards back support side.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160920_183808.jpg  

Last edited by Sip : 20th September 2016 at 18:47.
Old 20th September 2016, 22:25   #5758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It's NOT where the back rest meets the seat base. When someone is sitting in the rear, this comes somewhere under their thigh, close to the knee. The locations should be midway between the transmission hump & doors, on both sides.

The pic above shows it, but you'd need to rotate the pic to get a better understanding. Keep the illuminated scuff plate as a reference to get the idea of the socket location.

Or to simply explain, think you are facing the rear seat (the steering & console behind you), grab the mid portion of the rear base seat and pull upwards. The seat should get dislodged from the plastic sockets on both sides and then slide the seat to the front.

There should be a clamp at the other end of the seat (where it meets the recliner seat) which goes into a metal bracket to hold it firm; there is no lock there but.

You just need to be careful when placing the seat back; you could break the white plastic socket if pushed in incorrectly. Once you place the seat correctly and press it down, you should hear a 'click' sound; try to pull it slowly to check whether it's locked properly. I had this this issue in my Swift after the seat cover installation at a MA$$. I was surprised that the guys had it in stock, for replacement. I am sure that's a very very slow moving part, they still had it in the inventory. One of the many reasons why I love and respect Maruti.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th September 2016 at 22:30.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 12:50   #5759
Distinguished - BHPian

Influence of a Bhp-ian added to the virtues of S Cross. Now we have 4 - S Cross's in our company parking lot The latest is the Caffeine brown S Cross!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160921_110227.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160921_110255.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:00   #5760
BHPian

Here is a British review of the face-lifted S-cross with the rather aesthetically questionable looking grill. It has the 1.0 Boosterjet Engine about to be launched in the Baleno and the review is quite positive.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...ss-2016-review

It has quite a few pictures of the facelift too.
invidious is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks