Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2016, 22:44   #5881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I had a test drive of 1.3 a week back. The test car had 24k on the odo.

For people familiar with Bangalore, I did the test drive on NICE road on a lazy Sunday afternoon as I wanted to check out the top end performance of the 1.3.

Not only was the NVH on the car good, the engine felt very refined even at top speeds. There was no excessive wind or tire noise. Maybe it was a one off case of a test drive car maintained well. There was no dearth of power and it attained top speeds without a fuss and I could cruise at 140 on the empty expressway. I am comparing this directly to the tractor like sound the 1.3 mjd makes in my Punto. Suzuki have done a really good job on the 1.3 in the Scross.
+1 for that punto reference. My colleague owns a 2014 Punto and his brother has an Avventura. Both are pretty coarse sounding compared to the Suzuki's versions of the MJD's, even noisier than the Swift. I feel it is due to an even better insulated cabin in the S-Cross as the engine grunt is actually almost as harsh as a Swift/Ritz/Dzire when you stand near an S-Cross.

As for your high speed cruise experience, I can relate to it as I have run my 1.3 Zeta for 19500+ kms now with more than 70% highway driving. I can tell you the credit goes to the VGT 89bhp variant of the 1.3 MJD. People often confuse this one to be the same mill as in the Swift/Ritz/Dzire which has an FGT 74bhp variant.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:41   #5882
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
+1 for that punto reference. My colleague owns a 2014 Punto and his brother has an Avventura. Both are pretty coarse sounding compared to the Suzuki's versions of the MJD's, even noisier than the Swift. I feel it is due to an even better insulated cabin in the S-Cross as the engine grunt is actually almost as harsh as a Swift/Ritz/Dzire when you stand near an S-Cross.

As for your high speed cruise experience, I can relate to it as I have run my 1.3 Zeta for 19500+ kms now with more than 70% highway driving. I can tell you the credit goes to the VGT 89bhp variant of the 1.3 MJD. People often confuse this one to be the same mill as in the Swift/Ritz/Dzire which has an FGT 74bhp variant.

Well I can tell you one thing for sure, the insulation materials used in Fiat cars is equal to or a notch better than most other cars in its segment. Whether it's the rubber beading or door frames or under hood insulation or for that matter, the glass thickness used for windows. The low NVH in Maruti cars is not due to better insulation materials, but because of the way the engine is tuned.

The noise in Fiat cars purely boils down to the engine and the tires.

The Scross does not come close to Fiat in terms of the quality of materials used for these purposes. The window glass feels pretty flimsy for a premium car.

It's a different matter that the dashboard plastic quality in my 3 year old Punto feels better than Scross. It's good step up for a Maruti, but still behind a Fiat. I believe the recent Fiat MJD cars have a better tuned engine for NVH based on the reading in the forum.

Last edited by NFS2024 : 14th October 2016 at 23:48.
Old 15th October 2016, 08:24   #5883
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi all. Wanted advise about the accessories with S Cross. Should I go for standard Nexa accessories like mud flaps and mats or buy them online/store. Any suggestions where I can get them in Pune?
Old 15th October 2016, 10:14   #5884
BHPian

Quote:
Well I can tell you one thing for sure, the insulation materials used in Fiat cars is equal to or a notch better than most other cars in its segment. Whether it's the rubber beading or door frames or under hood insulation or for that matter, the glass thickness used for windows. The low NVH in Maruti cars is not due to better insulation materials, but because of the way the engine is tuned.

The noise in Fiat cars purely boils down to the engine and the tires.

The Scross does not come close to Fiat in terms of the quality of materials used for these purposes. The window glass feels pretty flimsy for a premium car.

It's a different matter that the dashboard plastic quality in my 3 year old Punto feels better than Scross. It's good step up for a Maruti, but still behind a Fiat. I believe the recent Fiat MJD cars have a better tuned engine for NVH based on the reading in the forum.
Hi- I own a SCross and only sore point in that is the glass windows when rolled up makes some jerk. Otherwise every other materials used are much better and MS has come a long way in this department. Kudos to MS in this!
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 10:19   #5885
BHPian

Booked S-Cross Delta 1.3 couple of weeks back. Initially we were looking for a petrol hatchback due to low running, but I will be shifting to NCR which will require us to travel 110 kms daily. Had almost booked a Ford Figo Titanium 1.5 TDCi.

Visited NEXA to check out the Baleno. It was a Sunday evening and there were a lot of people in the showroom. There were 2 cars on display, a red Baleno with body kit and a 1.6 S-Cross Delta fitted with 40k of accessories (Alloys, Fog lamps, Black vinyl on the roof and Seat covers).

My parents were attracted towards the S-Cross and ignored the Baleno! Also, we were the only ones who were checking out the S-Cross.

S-Cross was out of my budget, even the 1.3 Delta was 3 lakhs over my budget at 10 Lakhs OTR New Delhi. Got our Wagon R (1.4L Kms, MH registered, 2009 LXi-DUO) evaluated and got an offer of 1.2L. Next day when I went to book the car they further gave us a discount of 20k. After all the discounts the OTR of 1.3 Delta came to 8.60L.

Booked the car with a booking amount of 11,000/-. I will be taking delivery in a couple of weeks if the colour of my choice is allotted to the dealer today else it will be next month. They have a few old stocks of S-Cross which has only one 1.3 Delta in Grey. I am in no hurry as I don't have a proper parking space till I am staying in West Delhi

My experience with NEXA-TR Sawhney has been good so far

I saw a chart inside the manager's cabin which was divided into 2 sections:

- Visiting cards of RMs who had not sold a single S-Cross in last month, this section was coloured in black.
- The other section had 5 rows - 1 Star/2 Star/3 Star/4 Star/5 Star representing the no. of S-Cross sold by RMs (1 Star : 1 S-Cross, 2 Star : 2 S-Cross,..).

All the visiting cards were pinned in the first section! Guess, the dealer is having a tough time selling S-Cross.

Last edited by sinharishi : 15th October 2016 at 10:22.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 11:44   #5886
BHPian

Getting the 20k-service done today. Created an Excel Tool which helps you filter on replacement items from the service book. Attaching the screenshots for replacement and other category items. Hope this helps someone.

Going for Shell Helix 5w30 for 1.3 engine. Open to suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screen-shot-20161015-11.34.01-am.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screen-shot-20161015-11.31.45-am.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screen-shot-20161015-10.43.11-am.png  

Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx S-Cross Excel.xlsx (38.7 KB, 341 views)
@viral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 12:41   #5887
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
as I wanted to check out the top end performance of the 1.3.
I too checked the top end performance of 1.3 and car does it with real ease. There were apparently no distress signal either from engine or the structure. It felt amazing and I was impressed with car behaviour which felt like mid range!
Old 16th October 2016, 18:01   #5888
BHPian

Went for the colour selection today. Had 2 options, White and Grey. We opted for Grey. Car will be arriving at the dealer's parking lot in Tdi mall(Rajouri Garden) this week. Going for the PDI on 22nd October and taking delivery on 28th October on the occasion of Dhanteras.

Opted for Matchpoint GPS which was offered by HDFC and costs around 18,000/-. The amount will be added to the EMIs and the device will have a warranty of 5-years.

Getting rear parcel tray from dealer as freebie and 3D floor mats, cushions, leather stitched steering wheel cover, perfume, idol, TomTom car charger as basic(Cost: 5790/-)
Old 16th October 2016, 19:51   #5889
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Went for the colour selection today. Had 2 options, White and Grey. We opted for Grey.

Getting rear parcel tray from dealer as freebie and 3D floor mats, cushions, leather stitched steering wheel cover, perfume, idol, TomTom car charger as basic(Cost: 5790/-)
Congrats sinharishi ! Dhantares is believed to be auspicious day for the purpose by most in our country. So overall a good setting for new car.

Illuminated door sills are quite fascinating accessory as far as s-cross is concerned. Its enhances the impression remarkably. Do consider this.
Old 17th October 2016, 00:38   #5890
BHPian

Quote:
Went for the colour selection today. Had 2 options, White and Grey. We opted for Grey. Car will be arriving at the dealer's parking lot in Tdi mall(Rajouri Garden) this week. Going for the PDI on 22nd October and taking delivery on 28th October on the occasion of Dhanteras.

Opted for Matchpoint GPS which was offered by HDFC and costs around 18,000/-. The amount will be added to the EMIs and the device will have a warranty of 5-years.

Isn't "Matchpoint GPS" a GPS tracking device rather than a Navigation device? I just wanted to point this out as unless you want to keep a tab on your vehicle it is not a useful device.
Old 17th October 2016, 01:47   #5891
BHPian

Quote:

I would recommend going for the Zeta due to the inclusion of Alloys, ACC, Cruise Control & the ICE (remember it has navigation, voice commands & AndroidAuto/Apple CarPlay). It's a pretty decent value for money package. My friend recently bought a Brezza ZDi and has a good share of headache about the non-touch, 8-bit display unit. Getting a more functional unit than this is very hard in the market.

The friend I am talking about has bought a granite grey Brezza and his car already has very visible scuffs and swirl marks within 4 months. The appeal of dark metallic colours on cars is bound to be diminished, in a year or two, to a good extent due to swirls and hazy reflections which makes for a lower resale value and a not-so-happy feeling overall. Google for swirl marks on dark, glossy duco finishes. No criticism to your choice, just a little heads up. ☺
Old 17th October 2016, 08:59   #5892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Congrats sinharishi ! Dhantares is believed to be auspicious day for the purpose by most in our country. So overall a good setting for new car.

Illuminated door sills are quite fascinating accessory as far as s-cross is concerned. Its enhances the impression remarkably. Do consider this
Thank you. I will have a look at them when I go for the PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Isn't "Matchpoint GPS" a GPS tracking device rather than a Navigation device? I just wanted to point this out as unless you want to keep a tab on your vehicle it is not a useful device.
Yes, I am aware that it is just a tracking device. I opted for it because my car would be parked on the road as I do not have a parking place for 2 months. I as it is wanted to install Autocop trackpro. HDFC is offering a free replacement if the device goes kaput.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I would recommend going for the Zeta due to the inclusion of Alloys, ACC, Cruise Control & the ICE (remember it has navigation, voice commands & AndroidAuto/Apple CarPlay).
S-Cross was never in my radar as it was out of my budget. Zeta is a lakh expensive than Delta, if Delta was not equipped with Airbags, ABS I would have gone for Ford Figo Titanium 1.5. Wagon R was getting expensive to maintain and we needed a replacement asap. The only thing I will miss on the Delta is the rear Wash/Wipe.

Quote:
No criticism to your choice, just a little heads up. ☺
Thanks for the heads up. My colour of choice was Silver. The stock which arrived at the dealer had only Grey and White 1.3 Delta. Had to choose between grey and white or wait for another month.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 09:36   #5893
Senior - BHPian

Completed 3rd free service at ~9700 kms. More details on my thread.

Total bill - 3730 /- INR. Is this a normal amount or lower than standard 10k kms service amount?

The car feels much much better after the service. I am in love once again.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 17:42   #5894
BHPian

Has anybody taken 5 year AMC from Nexa for S-cross? I was quoted 32k for 5 years, but the showroom guys didn't have much details. Anyone who could shed a little light on this?
Old 17th October 2016, 18:45   #5895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Has anybody taken 5 year AMC from Nexa for S-cross? I was quoted 32k for 5 years, but the showroom guys didn't have much details. Anyone who could shed a little light on this?
While redeeming my MCP package that was gifted to 2015 owners by MSIL I was told of a similar proposition. I had to turn it down because it meant that I'd have to go to my dealer's workshop for services which was 25kms away from my place of residence and would mean a loss of a whole working day every time. However, the package is lucrative and very cost effective for people who drive over 1500~1800kms a month. Let me check tomorrow if I have the detailed enquiry note in my email that contained all the inclusions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks