Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2016, 14:45   #5926
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Congratulations Rishi! Welcome to the Suzuki crossover family.
Thank you Rahul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations !

What is this Match Point GPS stuff and why is HDFC bank doing this?
Thank you Ajay!

Match Point GPS is just like any other GPS device which tracks your car's movement, it sends alert via SMS and the car can also be tracked on a mobile application. It was offered to me by HDFC. I will write more about it in detail once I get it installed and understand how it works.

Last edited by sinharishi : 24th October 2016 at 14:51.
Old 24th October 2016, 19:01   #5927
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys,

Charging socket of my car is not working since few days. There is a charging socket in boot and even that's not working. What could be the reason? Blown fuse?

Thanks!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 19:06   #5928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello guys,

Charging socket of my car is not working since few days. There is a charging socket in boot and even that's not working. What could be the reason? Blown fuse?

Thanks!!
Could be a blown fuse. Another point. Are you checking with the same charger on both of these sockets? Just make sure that the charger is fine. One of my chargers stopped working all of a sudden. So, it could be of a charger problem also.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 19:36   #5929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Could be a blown fuse. Another point. Are you checking with the same charger on both of these sockets? Just make sure that the charger is fine. One of my chargers stopped working all of a sudden. So, it could be of a charger problem also.
I checked the same charger in my Baleno and it works. There are 2 fuse boxes. According to owner's manual, accessory socket fuse is located in fuse box placed under dashboard. I will try if I can access it myself tomorrow.
Old 24th October 2016, 20:11   #5930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Did you get the front grill modified? Can you please explain how this was done and where you got this done. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
That original designed grille from Euro-spec S-Cross looks good. From where you got it & for how much ?
This grille was sourced from China in person. Approx cost Rs 1700. (170 RMB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Outstanding photograph ! Cover page material.
Thank you Ajay
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Maruti marketing team must get in touch with you for rights of this picture. They could use it for promotional purposes and I bet it will have positive impact on the sales. Awesome photograph!
Sourabh.
Thanks. Appreciate your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I, for one, am still a bit miffed that he chose to be "exclusive" with this mod and not spread the cheer.
KA
Why ? Let me know what details you want.

Fyi
This grille has a Suzuki logo, so it cannot be shipped across to India as per Customs. Hence, no dealer would entertain a request from India and that's the reason you will not find this anywhere online.

Only way is to travel to China, buy it and hand carry to India.
Its a little bulky in size and not so easy if you don't have a direct flight back home.

Last edited by kpzen : 24th October 2016 at 20:12.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 20:39   #5931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Booked S-Cross Delta 1.3....dealer is having a tough time selling S-Cross.
I would suggest that you shouldn't go for that dark grey S-Cross 1.3 Delta model. I had booked my Baleno CVT delta over there with a promise from the RM that the car will be delivered to me this month. The RM is now backtracking on his promise and is pushing the very same S-Cross 1.3 Delta model.

Its actually a showroom display car with hideous seat covers that don't fit well and fake carbon fibre stickers on the dashboard and transmission tunnel.

I'm assuming that you are talking about Nexa Rajouri Garden.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 26th October 2016 at 21:38. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users. Thanks.
Old 24th October 2016, 21:09   #5932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
I would suggest that you shouldn't go for that dark grey S-Cross 1.3 Delta model.

Its actually a showroom display car with hideous seat covers that don't fit well and fake carbon fibre stickers on the dashboard and transmission tunnel.

I'm assuming that you are talking about Nexa Rajouri Garden.
The one I saw was White a 1.6 Delta. I did the PDI of the car allotted to me on Sunday, it had no seat covers and also did not had any carbon fibre stickers.

It came to dealer's parking lot in the middle of last week. Yes, I am talking about TR Sawhney owned Nexa Showroom at Rajouri Garden.

Here are the pictures of my car :

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4023.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4020.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4019.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 24th October 2016 at 21:15.
Old 24th October 2016, 21:36   #5933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
This grille was sourced from China in person. Approx cost Rs 1700. (170 RMB)

Fyi
This grille has a Suzuki logo, so it cannot be shipped across to India as per Customs. Hence, no dealer would entertain a request from India and that's the reason you will not find this anywhere online.

Only way is to travel to China, buy it and hand carry to India.
Its a little bulky in size and not so easy if you don't have a direct flight back home.
From what I see the Grill or something similar is available on Ali Express - sorry the Link is too long to post here.

Or are you saying Customs will let it through even if you have it shipped?

Last edited by invidious : 24th October 2016 at 21:47.
Old 24th October 2016, 21:44   #5934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
The one I saw was White a 1.6 Delta. I did the PDI of the car allotted to me on Sunday, it had no seat covers and also did not had any carbon fibre stickers.

It came to dealer's parking lot in the middle of last week. Yes, I am talking about TR Sawhney owned Nexa Showroom at Rajouri Garden.

Here are the pictures of my car :
Ok. I'ám really sorry for the misunderstanding. The one that I was being pressed for, was grey 1.3 Delta display car and not the white 1.6.

Anyway congratulations for your stonking new ride. Wish you a delightful motoring experience.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 24th October 2016 at 21:52.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 04:30   #5935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
From what I see the Grill or something similar is available on Ali Express - sorry the Link is too long to post here.

Or are you saying Customs will let it through even if you have it shipped?
Please check the AliExpress again, it should be the chrome dressing for the grille.
If not, then you got to post the link here. So many eager tbhpians have been hunting this for a while now.

My package got stuck in China customs twice for the logo. As per them, Suzuki logo part cannot be shipped outside the country unless the manufacturer gives an authentic declaration as " Sample for testing only ".

Hence, hand carrying was the only option.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 11:27   #5936
Distinguished - BHPian

I took the car to MASS today. Fuse box is located behind glove box. Accessory socket fuse was blown and replaced. Both charging sockets ( front and boot) are working now.

Service Manager advised me not to use non MGA charger and showed me a report where non MGA charger was interfering with frequency of key fob which leads to error message as "Key Fob Not Detected" on MID.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th October 2016 at 11:41.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 12:19   #5937
BHPian

Quote:

Service Manager advised me not to use non MGA charger and showed me a report where non MGA charger was interfering with frequency of key fob which leads to error message as "Key Fob Not Detected" on MID.
If I keep the key fob in the pocket near the start push button, I still receive the message "key fob not detected" occasionally. As advised by the SA, I always keep the key in the bottle holder near the hand brake actuator and in this position, I did not face this issue even once.
Old 25th October 2016, 12:45   #5938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took the car to MASS today. Fuse box is located behind glove box. Accessory socket fuse was blown and replaced. Both charging sockets ( front and boot) are working now.

Quote:
If I keep the key fob in the pocket near the start push button, I still receive the message "key fob not detected" occasionally. As advised by the SA, I always keep the key in the bottle holder near the hand brake actuator and in this position, I did not face this issue even once.
There is an even better place to keep the key fob - a cubby hole just below the starter button. I use this spot because I like using the cup holders for storing other things.

Trouble with this storage spot is, if I accelerate hard, the key fob falls down
Old 25th October 2016, 14:22   #5939
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Most convinient place to me for the key fob is pocket. I assume it has something to do with charge potential left in cell / battery, I mean diminished charge could have its effect on effective range. Could it be taken as signal to replace the cell/ battery of key fob?
Old 25th October 2016, 15:19   #5940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
There is an even better place to keep the key fob - a cubby hole just below the starter button. I use this spot because I like using the cup holders for storing other things.

Trouble with this storage spot is, if I accelerate hard, the key fob falls down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Most convinient place to me for the key fob is pocket. I assume it has something to do with charge potential left in cell / battery, I mean diminished charge could have its effect on effective range. Could it be taken as signal to replace the cell/ battery of key fob?
I used to keep the key fob in my upper pocket but that isn't feasible with tshirts & seat belts. So I started keeping it in this cubby hole, faced similar issue of fob not found. Faced the same error when kept below the ACC unit. The best location for me now is right beside the gear stick. Mine snags well everywhere in the leather and never falls out thanks to the silicone key fob cover!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks