Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 15:47   #5941
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

S-Cross 1.6 : Stock Vs Remap Dyno Run :

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzuki_sx4_scross__16_ddis_1598_cc_2013on_118_bhp_stage_1__154_bhp__273_lbft.jpg

I found this dyno graph in Celtic Tuning website. It was done on Dastek dyno. I have checked dyno graphs of other cars with same 1.6 Multijet engine and all are similar in terms of peak figures.

It's surprising to see 110 BHP at wheels and 132 BHP at crank. I wish Suzuki held the torque curve for longer like Alfa Romeo Mito.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161024wa0021.jpg

I am planning to dyno my remapped 1.6 S-cross soon and 130 plus BHP at wheels should be the target .

Note : Torque is mentioned as lb-ft in graph. Please multiply by 1.35 to get values in NM
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 19:00   #5942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Most convinient place to me for the key fob is pocket. I assume it has something to do with charge potential left in cell / battery, I mean diminished charge could have its effect on effective range. Could it be taken as signal to replace the cell/ battery of key fob?
It has nothing to do with the cell of fob. Any where inside the car, the fob works perfectly except in the cubby hole near the Push button. If it is there, it behaves erratically some times. (Not often, just once in a while). So, as a practice, I do not place the key fob in the cubby hole near push button.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 02:29   #5943
BHPian

As a matter of fact, in the 11+k kms, I have never placed the key fob anywhere except my pant pockets and touch wood, it has never played foul with me. I am not sure of the reason why some of us are facing this issue - but ideally it should work till the time the key fob is inside the car.

By the way, the mirrorlink is again working and I will post the pics soon - very soon

Trivia: I am not sure if anyone of us noticed - but I do not remember seeing this anywhere in the whole 397 pages in this thread.

The compass on the "Drive" quadrant of the infotainment system is actually a compass. It changes direction to show in which direction the vehicle is actually moving towards.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161018_225231.jpg
Vigkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 09:22   #5944
BHPian

My scross have crossed 10k Km marks in 8 months of ownership. Going for 3rd service tomorrow. Only complaints are noisy armrest or seats( will get it rectified from them) .will get engine oil changed as well.anyone like to be more specific on which engine oil brand for 1.6? Will do wheel balancing( no need but its advisable to do it after every 10k km ) from MRF shops or somewhere outside but not from maruti as i have heard they never do good work with balancing and all.
Also would like to know one more thing .is it normal for 1.6 engines to emit black smoke if you accelerate for around 5-6k Rpms In neutral gear? My scross used to emit black smoke earlier every time but after changing air filter in last service it only emits black smoke puff if i accelerate it hard(say overtaking in 2nd-3rd gears) is it normal?
Note- this is my first diesel car so have less knowledge about how diesel engine's behave in different circumstances.

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 26th October 2016 at 09:27.
Old 26th October 2016, 09:35   #5945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Also would like to know one more thing .is it normal for 1.6 engines to emit black smoke if you accelerate for around 5-6k Rpms In neutral gear? My scross used to emit black smoke earlier every time but after changing air filter in last service it only emits black smoke puff if i accelerate it hard(say overtaking in 2nd-3rd gears) is it normal?
Note- this is my first diesel car so have less knowledge about how diesel engine's behave in different circumstances.
A brief puff of black smoke coming out of tail pipe during hard acceleration is perfectly normal. This is expected behavior in all diesel engines wherein the fuel mixture goes momentarily rich. If black smoke is visible all the time and the inside of the tailpipe is coated with heavy black carbon deposits then it is a different thing all together. So in your case there is nothing to worry, you can enjoy your ride.
Old 26th October 2016, 10:57   #5946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
As a matter of fact, in the 11+k kms, I have never placed the key fob anywhere except my pant pockets and touch wood, it has never played foul with me. I am not sure of the reason why some of us are facing this issue - but ideally it should work till the time the key fob is inside the car.

By the way, the mirrorlink is again working and I will post the pics soon - very soon

Trivia: I am not sure if anyone of us noticed - but I do not remember seeing this anywhere in the whole 397 pages in this thread.

The compass on the "Drive" quadrant of the infotainment system is actually a compass. It changes direction to show in which direction the vehicle is actually moving towards.

Attachment 1570675
Yes true. It has not been pointed on this thread. When compiling my ownership report, I kind of noticed it and have mentioned it in my report:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4044065
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 18:17   #5947
Senior - BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,
Any news on the rumored petrol AT with the 1.5 engine? A friend is looking out for a car and needs a petrol AT considering his low running.

He's keen on the BR-V but is also willing to wait till early 2017. Please don't suggest the Creta as he doesn't want to own another Hyundai.

TIA
Old 26th October 2016, 21:22   #5948
VMG
BHPian

I am also looking for compact SUV Petrol AT.
Just curious to know why you are not considering Ecosport AT?
Old 26th October 2016, 22:28   #5949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
Any news on the rumored petrol AT with the 1.5 engine? A friend is looking out for a car and needs a petrol AT considering his low running.

He's keen on the BR-V but is also willing to wait till early 2017. Please don't suggest the Creta as he doesn't want to own another Hyundai.

TIA
Ecosport AT is very fun to drive and is fully loaded with 6 airbags and all the bells and whistles for under 12lakh. I had booked once too. Only reason I changed to diesel l later was because the DCT transmission doesn't do well in slow crawling bumper to bumper traffic which is what I have to deal with everyday.
Old 26th October 2016, 22:34   #5950
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,

TIA
Maruti has no plans to launch the facelift in India anytime soon, even though the sales that they currently have are miserable.

Rest assured that a petrol AT will take its own sweet time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I am also looking for compact SUV Petrol AT.
Just curious to know why you are not considering Ecosport AT?
His friend probably does not want a sub-4mt SUV. Else the ecosport is a good buy.
Old 26th October 2016, 23:59   #5951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...will get engine oil changed as well.anyone like to be more specific on which engine oil brand for 1.6? ....
Your MA$$ should have only one brand of oil, so it shall not matter. Plus, not all MA$$ stocks the same brand; it's all their preference.

Quote:
...Will do wheel balancing( no need but its advisable to do it after every 10k km ) from MRF shops or somewhere outside but not from maruti as i have heard they never do good work with balancing and all...
Good tyre shops recommend balancing & alignment at 4-5K kms interval. Not sure how did you arrive at a 10K kms interval.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 10:04   #5952
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,

TIA
An Indian manufactured Petrol AT was recently launched in Indonesia -

You can check the interiors here and probably grasp the gist of the review through the sprinkle of English words.

Let's hope they launch it in India soon. Seems like a genuinely good alternative in the segment if they do.
Old 27th October 2016, 10:42   #5953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.will get engine oil changed as well.anyone like to be more specific on which engine oil brand for 1.6? Also would like to know one more thing ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Your MA$$ should have only one brand of oil, so it shall not matter. Plus, not all MA$$ stocks the same brand; it's all their preference..
For 1.6 it is 0W 30 from PETRONAS. Comes in an individual container of 5.3 L .

Please check the below post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4025542

Last edited by kpzen : 27th October 2016 at 10:44.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 10:44   #5954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
His friend probably does not want a sub-4mt SUV. Else the ecosport is a good buy.
Ecosport, Brezza S-Cross, BR-V and Creta aren't technically SUV vehicles. Both ecosport & creta AT variants are no match for Honda CVT or Volkswagen DSG. Spend money wisely on the transmission type, don't just go with the 'Automatic' trend.
Old 27th October 2016, 11:36   #5955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Ecosport, Brezza S-Cross, BR-V and Creta aren't technically SUV vehicles. Both ecosport & creta AT variants are no match for Honda CVT or Volkswagen DSG. Spend money wisely on the transmission type, don't just go with the 'Automatic' trend.
I agree. CVT is so much smoother and doesn't get affected by wear and tear by slow moving traffic like DCT or DSG does but it works good only with powerful engines. In my experience City CVT was soo much better than Amaze CVT. But then, there is a price differnce of almost 3-3.5 lakhs between the highest variants of Honda City CVT and Ecosport AT and Ecosport in spite of being the cheaper one didn't feel cheap at all and is much safer. Don't get me wrong. If I had that extra 3 lakhs budget, I would have bought the City CVT highest variant without hesitation!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks