Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2016, 02:10   #6046
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
That is exactly what I meant when I told you that after TD-ing both cars, you would automatically go with the S-Cross for all the reasons you mentioned. I would like to also advise you to go for the Alpha variant if your budget allows for it. With bi-xenons, leather upholstery, auto-headlaps & auto IRVM you would be getting all of your money's worth. It is next to impossible to replicate the feel of Alpha's leather-steering. I drive a Zeta and would have gone for the Alpha if I could stretch my budget. Also, your math seemed to be a bit off there. The 1.3 Zeta costs 11L OTR instead of 5+7 that you mentioned. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Sunejarahul. India is not Delhi alone.

There are many places in India where 1.3 Zeta costs close to ~12 Lakhs. One among them is Bangalore. It all depends on the regional road tax and other levies.

ZETA 1.3 is coming around for 11.7 on road in vizag. (ex showroom 9.93L)
While the alpha 1.3 is coming around for 13.2L onroad due to having more than 10L ex showroom price which is attracting 14% tax plus Tax at source as well.

I would have gladly extended for the 1.6 Delta which was at 12.8L OTR if only 1.6 still came out in lower variants.

For 1.3 alpha, extending by almost 1.5L for auto wipers, headlights, irvm and leather wrapped steering wheel did not make sense.
Also, NEXA promised me seat covers at a low price anyways. i would probably get the auto irvm as well sometime later if i really do need it.
Auto headlamps and auto wipers arent my thing anyways so wouldnt be missing them.

Projectors though yeah. but cant be spending 1.5L just for them.

Last edited by vamsi2390 : 7th November 2016 at 02:12.
Old 7th November 2016, 10:16   #6047
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys,

I have installed XP Micro projectors in S-Cross and have written a thread about it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...r-s-cross.html

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 7th November 2016 at 10:17.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 13:53   #6048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Thanks Anurag for the inputs.
Seat rails checked now and they are well lubricated. I drive with the seat height adjustment kept at the maximum. Let me keep the height at the lowest and check. Will update if any change is there.
Update on the squeaking sound from the driver seat base. Kept the seat height adjustment to the minimum and checked. Sound totally disappeared in all the conditions of sharp turn / running over bad patches / speed breakers. So, the culprit is height adjustment mechanism.

Now need to check whether the sound comes only in the max height position or any positions in between also.
Old 7th November 2016, 13:57   #6049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello guys,

I have installed XP Micro projectors in S-Cross and have written a thread about it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...r-s-cross.html
Thanks for the update Dr. Naren. Incidentally, based on your reference, I spoke to Rajat a couple of days back. He mentioned that you have picked up a pair of micros for your S-Cross

I've narrowed down on the Mini D2S 4.0 Square, which along with the classic, can apparently be retrofitted without having to drill any holes or cut wires. I was given to understand that an S-Cross Zeta was recently fitted with a Mini Super V2.

Planning to speak to Shyam later in the day. Xenon Planet is offering a stage-3 kit (55W ballast) at a discount for a limited period.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 14:03   #6050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Thanks for the update Dr. Naren. Incidentally, based on your reference, I spoke to Rajat a couple of days back. He mentioned that you have picked up a pair of micros for your S-Cross

I've narrowed down on the Mini D2S 4.0 Square, which along with the classic, can apparently be retrofitted without having to drill any holes or cut wires. I was given to understand that an S-Cross Zeta was recently fitted with a Mini Super V2.

Planning to speak to Shyam later in the day. Xenon Planet is offering a stage-3 kit (55W ballast) at a discount for a limited period.
I have S-Cross Alpha variant and was not very comfortable about opening headlights for replacing stock projector. XP Micro was the perfect upgrade for me and I have got a very good high beam now.

Mini D2S 4.0 with XP 55W fast start up ballasts would be really good. It has very good build and well centred hotspot which results in a very strong high beam. Looking forward for your S-Cross with new eyes .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 14:46   #6051
BHPian

Dr.Naren, what is the cost of the upgrade. I will be getting my 1.3 Aplha soon. How does this affect warranty and what is additional load on the battery?
Old 7th November 2016, 15:17   #6052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Dr.Naren, what is the cost of the upgrade. I will be getting my 1.3 Aplha soon. How does this affect warranty and what is additional load on the battery?
There is no cutting of any stock wires and warranty would be intact. It doesn't need much power and wouldn't put any extra load on battery.

XP MICRO full kit with XP 35 fast start ballast : 16K

I went for regular ballasts and saved around 2K.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 17:47   #6053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
With the surprise decision from my wife, we changed the booking to 1.6 Alpha. The only unfortunate point is that the color of our choice (brown) is not available in stock and the waiting period is mentioned as 16 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I had almost the exact same conversation with my wife about colour, when the dealer offered me a white 1.6 within a week (and I wanted anything other than white).
My wife called the white car "a blank canvas", you can customise the exteriors very easily if the base is white. So, since white is not your preferred colour, push the dealer for more discount, and put the money aside for 2-3 years later when you can blow it all up for some fantastic custom paint job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Get a discount on the white and get it vinyl-wrapped. I got a quote from one workshop of 40k for complete body wrap in any glossy/matte colour. Worth the cost as it protects your paint better than any wax/teflon/PPF ��
The final discount the dealer is offering for a White 1.6 is 50 k (30 K Cash + 20k accessories). For an Alpha variant, I don't see any useful accessories apart from rear spoilers. So I asked the dealer to give me a 50k Cash discount .

The RM mentioned that he can push for 40k cash discount and 10K worth free accessories.

Meanwhile, based on the VIN number, the vehicle is August manufactured. Do three months in the stockyard a deal breaker?

Last edited by Doo_Dev : 7th November 2016 at 18:08.
Old 7th November 2016, 17:58   #6054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
With the surprise decision from my wife, we changed the booking to 1.6 Alpha. The only unfortunate point is that the color of our choice (brown) is not available in stock and the waiting period is mentioned as 16 weeks.

The final discount the dealer is offering for a White 1.6 is 50 k (30 K Cash + 20k accessories). For an Alpha variant, I don't see any useful accessories apart from rear spoilers. So I asked the dealer to give me a 50k Cash discount .

The RM mentioned that he can push for 40k cash discount and 10K worth free accessories.

Meanwhile, based on the VIN number, the vehicle is August manufactured. Do three months in the stockyard a deal breaker?
3 months should not be a big problem. Just check once thoroughly using the PDI check list and you should be good to go. Which NEXA is this? You can probably look at getting the car cover and the illuminated door sills, the door sills are something I wanted but it slipped my mind during delivery.

Or see if instead of the 10k accessories, he can give you extended warranty for at least a year, if possible two, free or at minus the 10k cost

Last edited by Zappo : 7th November 2016 at 19:47. Reason: Corrected the quote
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 18:04   #6055
BHPian

I have a good collection of Songs in my 120GB Ipod as well as a separate collection in my USB flash drive. Connecting both into the USB port in S-Cross was an issue as the car came with only one port.

Received a 4 port USB hub today and now I can connect both flash drive and ipod together without the pain of removing one and connecting other.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-4portusb_hub.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 7th November 2016 at 18:09.
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 18:07   #6056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post

3 months should not be a big problem. Just check once thoroughly using the PDI check list and you should be good to go. Which NEXA is this? You can probably look at getting the car cover and the illuminated door sills, the door sills are something I wanted but it slipped my mind during delivery.

Or see if instead of the 10k accessories, he can give you extended warranty for at least a year, if possible two, free or at minus the 10k cost
Thanks. I was planning to do the team-bhp PDI. The offer is from NEXA OMR. I am already getting the Tyvek cover and non-illuminated door sills as part of the basic accessory kit . Also, I am a not a big fan of illuminated doors sills and prefer them to be muted and not flashy.

Extended warranty is a good option . I had initially planned to take the extended warranty along with the first service and can probably push for it instead of accessories.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th November 2016 at 19:49. Reason: Corrected the quote
Doo_Dev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 10:09   #6057
BHPian

Hello friends, 1st glorious year with the beautiful car complete along with 10000 kms.
Gave my car for 3rd free service. Was off late facing problem with a thud noise from rear suspension and SA has promised to look into it properly.
total service cost coming to 5138+tax. i get a credit of 1073 rs and PUC 125 rs because of taking insurance from Maruti service network.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:23   #6058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Was off late facing problem with a thud noise from rear suspension and SA has promised to look into it properly.
Was there any oil leak from shock absorbers? I had similar problem in my SX4 and Maruti replaced rear shocks under warranty.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:33   #6059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Was there any oil leak from shock absorbers? I had similar problem in my SX4 and Maruti replaced rear shocks under warranty.
No i haven't noticed any oil leaks from car. I felt its more like suspensions have got hardened or something like that.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:50   #6060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
No i haven't noticed any oil leaks from car. I felt its more like suspensions have got hardened or something like that.
There would be slight oil leak from the shocks and it would be visible on inspection. If there is oil leak, push for replacement under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks