Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 13:49   #6061
BHPian

Anybody noticed constant crashes and restart in head unit? I have been getting it quite frequently now, and it generally happens when apple car play and navigation are used together. Raised it with the service center, no meaningful resolution yet.
Old 8th November 2016, 14:39   #6062
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi. One question. There are some issues with RTO updating their system due to introduction of 2% surcharge. This means that my car would be registered but number will take about 3-4 days and not in time for my targeted delivery of 12/11. Is it OK to take delivery in this case or should I wait for the number plate. I think the car would also not be insured unless number is issued. Am I correct?
Old 8th November 2016, 14:49   #6063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. One question. There are some issues with RTO updating their system due to introduction of 2% surcharge. This means that my car would be registered but number will take about 3-4 days and not in time for my targeted delivery of 12/11. Is it OK to take delivery in this case or should I wait for the number plate. I think the car would also not be insured unless number is issued. Am I correct?
From what I understand a temporary registration should be enough for insurance.
Also insurance is based on engine and chassis numbers
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 15:19   #6064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Almost time now to share my incident with fellow S-Cross owners and prospective buyers. I recently had my 20k service done from my dealer Fair Deal Cars Pvt Ltd service centre in Sahibabad, Noida on the 7th of October. The servicing process was smooth but I had been encountering an apparently minor problem eith my steering control illumination for a while.

The left side of the steering controls which contains media control buttons of Volume Up/Down, Track Up/Down, Mode and Mute was having significantly dimmer illumination as compared to the right side having Cruise Control buttons. I made the Manager Mr Kamal aware of the situation, in return of which some pictures were taking and I was told that a complaint would be lodged.

No action taken until the 20th, no information conveyed to me and my SA would repeatedly tell me that I will get a call from NEXA soon. I received a call from NEXA on the 22nd asking if I was happy with the complaint resolution. This was a shocker as I hadn't been provided any resolution. I contacted Mr Manoj and got to know that the replacement part has been issued, received at service centre and kept in their store since 16th October! He promised that the replacement would be done on the 1st but nobody showed up at my address.

I am unable to come to terms with how the NEXA experience is going on with me ever since my purchase date. There is a stark contrast in the car's performance and my dealer's performance. Wondering if it's just Fair Deal Cars that I'm having trouble with matching wavelengths.
I received a follow-up on this and a mobile service van was sent to my place to replace the faulty switch (the button panel). My woes with Fair Deal Cars continue as the part couldn't be replaced even after wasting about 40 minutes of a working day's time. The mechanic was unable to open the steering control switches, later it was discovered that for the electrical switches to be replaced, the Airbag Assembly has to be removed. At this point I stopped the guy and called up the service manager Mr Kamal who didn't attend my call and I didn't receive any call back. None of the people from their workshop could either direct the mechanic to do the replacement properly or satisfy my queries regarding the Airbag system. Since I couldn't trust this replacement job I talked to my regular people at Maruti Sales & Service, Naraina. The person on call was from NEXA service team and strictly refused any mobile repair/replacement of steering parts as the Airbag Assembly could be damaged. He literally scolded the mechanic for trying to pry open the horn pad which I had stopped. I was told to bring my car to Naraina workshop. I have been given the replacement switch and the replacement will be carried out in the Maruti workshop Naraina along with all necessary inspections. I can not believe my ordeals with Fair Deal Cars Pvt Ltd regarding their conduct towards customers, especially NEXA car owners!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161108_134427_20161108151706976.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161108_140546_20161108151741991.jpg  

Old 8th November 2016, 15:25   #6065
Team-BHP Support

A 9/10 feedback for this ? Why ?
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 15:46   #6066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
A 9/10 feedback for this ? Why ?
That is because if I would have given a lower rating, I would have had to talk with the people at Fair Deal Cars and then they would not give me the part but instead insist on rescheduling the repair job to better "satisfy" me and get a 10. This 9 was given just to avoid such nuisance. I have utmost faith in Maruti Service Naraina and the people over there, I never get any repair or service related jobs from anywhere else for any of my Maruti cars. Examples like such are the basis for my mistrust in other franchises
Old 8th November 2016, 16:32   #6067
BHPian

After paying the booking advance , I got the "Order booking" confirmation from NEXA . In the order booking receipt, I noticed a discrepancy in the "Selling Price" and "Onroad Price" . Both of them has been been mentioned as Rs.10,94,542 ( see the red square in the attached figure).
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-booking_receipt.png

When I checked with showroom finance team, they mentioned that the value specified is the ex-factory price and the numbers are auto-filled by the DMS system (means MSIL has control over it) and not entered by them.

I don't suspect anything dubious but trying to understand the reasoning behind using the ex-factory price.

Can any fellow bhpian confirm whether it was the same in their order confirmation form and also any plausible reason for the same
Old 8th November 2016, 16:56   #6068
BHPian

Quote:
Can any fellow bhpian confirm whether it was the same in their order confirmation form and also any plausible reason for the same
Hi, I have booked a 1.3 alpha and I too have received the receipt with the same numbers. It's something to do with the system I am informed.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th November 2016 at 17:15. Reason: Fixed quote
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 17:11   #6069
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I have booked a 1.3 alpha and I too have received the receipt with the same numbers. It's something to do with the system I am informed.
Did you say " Same numbers for 1.3 Alpha" ?. Mine is a 1.6 Alpha. So it probably indicates the value is the default value from the DMS and the dealer is lazy to update so that it is in line with the Variant .

Last edited by Doo_Dev : 8th November 2016 at 17:17.
Old 8th November 2016, 17:18   #6070
BHPian

@Doo_Dev - my bad. Same numbers mean the same price as ex-showroom and on-road, though it's lower than 1.6
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 17:52   #6071
BHPian

I have given my across 1.6 for third service today. The car has a few problems, which others members too have mentioned. One is the 'kat kat' noise while sudden acceleration or deceleration or while turning. The noise is not consistent, but surely irritating. The other is the excessive vibrations on braking above 70 kmph. The vibrations are scary. Both problems had been mentioned in the second service and they had replaced rear axle beam and front disc brakes under warranty, but they continued to remain. I just got a call telling they'll again replace both under warranty. The estimate qouted for oil replacement, wheel alignment and balancing and other routine care is around 4,500. Also I've asked to replace wiper blades. Maruti's wiper blades are the worst in my experience, hardly last 1000 kms. The advisor told me air filter too need replacement. Is it necessary at 10,000 kms?
Old 8th November 2016, 17:56   #6072
BHPian

@Dani7766 - are the wiper blades FOC? If not get Bosch wiper blades which are worth every penny and last for atleast 1-2 years. Rear axle beam seems to be a problem for 1.6 vehicles. I have not read any issues for 1.3 or am I missing something? braking vibration could be because of tyres?Pundits is my guess valid?
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 20:16   #6073
BHPian

Quote:
@Dani7766 - are the wiper blades FOC? If not get Bosch wiper blades which are worth every penny and last for atleast 1-2 years. Rear axle beam seems to be a problem for 1.6 vehicles. I have not read any issues for 1.3 or am I missing something? braking vibration could be because of tyres?Pundits is my guess valid?
Thanks a lot. I did ask him for Bosch. But he told he'll fit MGA which will cost around 1500. I'll specifically tell him bosch, else will get it done outside. The vibrations were solved for a few after getting wheel alignment done, but I don't think it's the case for me and they've checked and are replacing the discs, fingers crossed.
Old 8th November 2016, 20:39   #6074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Thanks a lot. I did ask him for Bosch. But he told he'll fit MGA which will cost around 1500. I'll specifically tell him bosch, else will get it done outside.
That is daylight robbery. Maruti have jacked up the prices of the wiper blades to insane levels. Recently learnt that the Swift set cost 700 while for my SX4 it was a bit more. Replaced with Bosch costing roughly 400 for the pair and its totally worth it. The quality is also better, but not sure about the longevity.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 22:12   #6075
BHPian

Quote:
I have not read any issues for 1.3 or am I missing something? braking vibration could be because of tyres?Pundits is my guess valid?
Vibrations can be a clear indication that the car needs wheel balancing done. But those kind of vibrations are felt on the steering while accelerating, not just at the time of braking over 70kph. Make sure proper diagnostics is followed. If the problem re-occurred, I would advise you to check your tires & rims for any defects.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks