Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 09:08   #6091
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Sounds like a known issue if it was spotted so fast. Good to know
May be. But I was initially told that it would most probably be due to rat menace. However they first analyzed using OBD and then immediately checked the pre-tensioner connection in the passenger side and fixed the issue. I am not sure what was shown in the computer.

I guess there could be certain frequent pain points related to this error and this pre-tensioner connection maybe one of them
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 10:46   #6092
BHPian

From last few days touchscreen is restarting on own quite frequently. Never faced this earlier but in last 5 days its restarted like 4-5 times which is unusual.have done factory re-set today and will update here if it behaves same or not.
Old 14th November 2016, 11:01   #6093
BHPian

Like couple of more responses, I am also observing some issues in last 2 weeks: when I try to increase / decrease volume using steering controls, mode is getting changed (SUB to AM to AM-AST and so on.) Seems like the button may have run into problems. I am yet to go for third service and report it that time. Any input / similar problem anyone facing / faced?
Old 14th November 2016, 11:55   #6094
BHPian

Hi guys. Just wanted to share that my S-cross was delivered on Saturday. Had a very good experience with Nexa Aundh-Baner right from booking to delivery. The delivery process was extremely smooth. I had asked for the ceremony to be skipped so, the chocolates, cake and flowers were handed over to me and I was out in an hour. Did not opt for any accessories except the mud flaps which are very good quality. Purchased 3 D mats, door sills and ordered for window shades. Planning to go for under body rust coating from 3M soon since I use the car in Mumbai. Adding the photo taken while delivery...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_3405.jpg  

Palio_2005 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 12:47   #6095
BHPian

Had a hectic last week at work. On Friday night told mom that we are leaving for kasauli next morning for a long drive, she called up her sisters and asked them if they want to join. So on Saturday 5 of us did Delhi-Gurugram-Zirakpur-Kasauli-Chandigarh-Delhi. After finishing work at 4:00 AM we left home at 6:00 AM and returned at 12:45 AM in the night.

The car did well, it was comfortable cruising/overtaking between 80-120 Km/hr. On the hills with 5 on board I kept the car in 2nd gear most of the times and only shifted to 3rd when the road was clear ahead.

While going to Kasauli I took the Himalayan Expressway-Dharampur-Kasauli route and return was via Jangeshu-Parwanoo-Kalka. The return route had broken tarmac and was very narrow.

The stiffness is evident at slow speeds. I just love the way the car handles! None of the passengers complained of fatigue at any point of the journey.

The Odometer is at 2386 kms.

Some pictures:

Between Ambala and Chandigarh
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Dharampur-Kasauli road
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4256.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4260.jpg

Kasauli Hills
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4266.jpg

Kasauli-Parwanoo road
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4284.jpg

Covered in dust
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4288.jpg

At the end of the trip
(took this pic next morning)
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4290.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 15:38   #6096
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Aditya Sharma for sharing a pic of the updated rims (on his new S-Cross):

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161111_163611.jpg
GTO is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 18:16   #6097
Sip
BHPian

Have completed about 6000 Kms in first three months of purchase. Availed 2nd free service at Karnal Motors Pvt Ltd. Air filter and cabin air filter were full of dust and cleaned. Carried out wheel balancing (280/-) and wheel alignment (395/-). Though wheel alignment was intact and needed no correction.

Overall pleased with performance of my car. So far so good! Attaching picture of my Zeta at an agricultural farm after servicing.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161114_172022.jpg  

Last edited by Sip : 14th November 2016 at 18:18.
Old 14th November 2016, 20:16   #6098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Aditya Sharma for sharing a pic of the updated rims (on his new S-Cross):

Attachment 1575575
Thanks a lot for the pic. Looks like even the brand of tyres is different. Any word on that??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 20:29   #6099
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Thanks a lot for the pic. Looks like even the brand of tyres is different.
It is still the same JK Elanzo buddy.

Just that the angle of the image, tyre polish is making it look different.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 20:45   #6100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Aditya Sharma for sharing a pic of the updated rims (on his new S-Cross)
Is this an after market alloy or has Nexa changed the alloy design for the Scross?
Old 14th November 2016, 21:56   #6101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Is this an after market alloy or has Nexa changed the alloy design for the Scross?
Guess NEXA has updated the design. There is a Suzuki emblem in between.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 00:39   #6102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guess NEXA has updated the design. There is a Suzuki emblem in between.
Any idea if this is the default alloy now, or is it still an option available with NEXA?
If optional, does anyone know how much is NEXA charging for this?
Old 15th November 2016, 01:02   #6103
BHPian

Just wanted to add a note, I am trying to sell my 1.3 alpha and though I have enjoyed my entire car ownership experience and taken care of it immaculately, the entire process of selling it has definitely hit a hard point home of how the Indian second hand market is not ready for an enthusiast car, still struggling to find the right buyer. But no regrets, the SCross is definitely a car I've enjoyed thoroughly and would still recommend to anyone.
Old 15th November 2016, 06:41   #6104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Just wanted to add a note, I am trying to sell my 1.3 alpha and though I have enjoyed my entire car ownership experience and taken care of it immaculately, the entire process of selling it has definitely hit a hard point home of how the Indian second hand market is not ready for an enthusiast car, still struggling to find the right buyer. But no regrets, the SCross is definitely a car I've enjoyed thoroughly and would still recommend to anyone.
Hi mindovermotor, if it's ok for you to share, may we know the reason for sale?
Old 15th November 2016, 09:26   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Why are you trying to sell your S-Cross? What is the odometer reading? I am surprised that people are not even ready to buy the 1.3. Are you not exchanging your car?

Most Viewed