Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 14:16   #6256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you are talking about the JK Elanzo, expect it to be there for 40-50K kms.

They'll go hard with usage just like MRF ones IMO.

I have seen owners reporting screeching at 100 kph on a tyre that has run only 10K kms so quality of these Elanzo's are a question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I have Michelin P3STs on my 1.6 which is nearing 19000 kilometers. Tyres look good for another 30000 kilometers easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Michelin Primacy 3ST on S-cross 320 has done 20k kms and I'm expecting it to last 50k kms.
Please correct if my understanding is incorrect here...I happened to hear (not actually witness or measure) that Scorpio's tires (definitely not stock; I assume its Wrangler Goodyear) are bound to last for 70000 Km. And someone commented (on FB, unfortunately can't find that 2 month old post now) saying that for a certain brand & make of tires suitable for Scorpio, the tire lasts that long.

So, point is, though 50000 Km is not that less, I was expecting the same (since 235/70R16 Scorpio is close to 205/60R16 SCross). Keeping aside the ideal/depending factors aside, why this difference? Any thoughts?

Last edited by Aditya : 14th December 2016 at 07:35. Reason: Typos :)
Old 13th December 2016, 14:38   #6257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Keeping aside the ideal/depending factors aside, why this difference? Any thoughts?
Here you go:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rame-cars.html
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 15:30   #6258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
About right time you pitched in

While I go through that, here's another...

Chennai Road tax is 10% & 15% for cars with ExShowroom Price is <10L & >10L respectively. Now when I calculated with road tax there was a perfect Rs 1900 added over the road tax on the brochure for all the models for SCross.

Bangalore is even superb!! Its 14% & 17% respectively for <10L & >10L ExShowroom price by KA govt. Bimal has conveniently priced in percentage!! 15.54% for cars < 10L (ex) & 18.87% for > 10L. Add to that 1% of TCS 1% that says "TCS on sale consideration/invoice value (ExShowroom price less discounts if any allowed in the invoice), if it exceeds Rs 10 Lakhs". This means they're charging TCS over & above the boosted (18.87%-17% and 15.54%-14%). Day robbery!!

Talking about the "lucrative offers"...40K loyalty bonus is applicable ONLY if the old car is Maruti & is evaluated & sold to Maruti. This means, if they evaluate the car value to Rs 60K + the loyalty bonus is 40K adds to 1L. However, if the old car is being sold outside its of the same value either. Here we all know what would be the "evaluation" & the buy back value by the dealers.

I'm beginning to believe all these offers are good only on papers!!
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 16:54   #6259
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Well, it has been more than 48 hours since anyone posted on this thread. Time for me to post my observations on the acceleration of the S-Cross 1.6 then.

This car is a real torque monster. The in-gear acceleration is brutal. Anyone who owns the 1.6 should try this.
It definitely is brutal package with top notch braking, handling and acceleration. I do more than 50% of driving on highway between Delhi - Ambala, a good highway where you can let loose this beast
Its provides ceasless exhilaration. At times when i drive it aggressively car distinctly shows its capacity vis-a-vis most other cars!
Old 13th December 2016, 17:29   #6260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
It definitely is brutal package with top notch braking
I find the brakes just average. The initial bite is missing. And yes, I am running on stock JK tyres. I hope it improves with my planned brake pads and tyre upgrade
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:39   #6261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I find the brakes just average. The initial bite is missing. And yes, I am running on stock JK tyres. I hope it improves with my planned brake pads and tyre upgrade
For me,
The bite disappeared after the "brake calliper recall" work. Has anyone else noticed this ?
However, the braking power is still exceptionally good.

In your case, I feel Jks are at fault.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:14   #6262
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Well i find braking below 100Kmph is really good but performance decreases quickly after say 120Kmph. I am keen to know the change in vehicle behaviour after your planned upgrade
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:15   #6263
BHPian

Quote:
For me,
The bite disappeared after the "brake calliper recall" work. Has anyone else noticed this ?

In your case, I feel Jks are at fault.
Same with me!

Braking power is still very good. I have had several sudden braking situations where there the brake and car behavior has been absolutely confidence inspiring. However, the initial bite and feedback has gone after the recall work. But then, I would never call it inadequate. BTW, I had changed by tires to Continental MC5 right on Day 1.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:31   #6264
BHPian

I went ahead and booked the 1.3 Zeta.

I was really keen on the brown color; however the SA insisted that I would not get the exchange bonus as then he would have to give me a car manufactured in 2017 and the bonus is only applicable to cars made in 2016. Is this correct?

The missus as it is preferred the White - so it not such a big deal. I too like the White. I have tweeted Nexa as clearly I would prefer a 2017 car.

I also would like to know about the tyre exchange. I have asked the dealer to see if he can get it done. What's the popular tyre brand and variant that the stock JK Elanzos are swapped for?
Old 13th December 2016, 19:48   #6265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I went ahead and booked the 1.3 Zeta.

I was really keen on the brown color; however the SA insisted that I would not get the exchange bonus as then he would have to give me a car manufactured in 2017 and the bonus is only applicable to cars made in 2016. Is this correct?
That is correct, the whole reason of giving year end discount is to reduce the current year inventory. As the new year begins, no one would like to buy a 1 year old car on paper thus reducing the resale price.

The discount you receive will be offset by the reduced resale price should you choose to sell it in future.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 18:17   #6266

Quote:
For me,
The bite disappeared after the "brake caliper recall" work. Has anyone else noticed this ?
Absolutely Agree! I even called up and reported the same to Service center after the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Bleed the clutch if possible.
Sometimes that helps
The Maruti guys are saying they will try changing the pressure plates which is not available as of now for 1.6, as it has different clutch than 1.3.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th December 2016 at 20:44. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 14th December 2016, 19:24   #6267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
...I also would like to know about the tyre exchange. I have asked the dealer to see if he can get it done. What's the popular tyre brand and variant that the stock JK Elanzos are swapped for?
I doubt the dealer would do any tyre swap. Even if they do, the margins will be way too higher than what you can manage with an aftermarket tyre dealer.

For a 1.3, you may not need to change the tyres. But if you want to change, there should be options within Bridgestone / Yokohoma / Michelin / MRF ZLO etc. You need to pick based on your ride preference (Sporty / Comfort / Noise etc). Michelin will be the most expensive, obviously.
Old 14th December 2016, 19:35   #6268
BHPian

Got my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha after the 20k service. They have changed all the fluids (engine oil, coolant and brake fluid) and fuel filter. I had also requested them to change the air filter, company recommends an air filter change at every 40k km. I clean them myself at every 5k intervals but still they are pretty dirty. I was charged Rs 8600. Their credit card machine was not working, so they didn't give me any bill. I will post the bill tomorrow. Car feels more refined now.

See the difference: New vs Old Air filter
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20161214_185821.jpg
Mr.O is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 20:27   #6269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt the dealer would do any tyre swap. Even if they do, the margins will be way too higher than what you can manage with an aftermarket tyre dealer.

For a 1.3, you may not need to change the tyres. But if you want to change, there should be options within Bridgestone / Yokohoma / Michelin / MRF ZLO etc. You need to pick based on your ride preference (Sporty / Comfort / Noise etc). Michelin will be the most expensive, obviously.
Thanks. From what I understand based on various reviews the Elanzos are not ideal. My preference is comfort and less noise to an extent. To be honest, I've never owned a diesel car - the test drive car seemed sufficiently quiet. Given the potholes in Bombay - comfort and safety are my primary concerns.

At a relatively higher price-point I see -

a. Michelin Primacy
b. Continental Contipremium
c. Bridgestone Potenza
d. Bridgestone G3
e. Bridgestone GR90
f. Yokohama ES501
g. Hankook Optimo

I realize that price is no guarantee of superior quality but I did need to filter it down. I also have absolutely 0 knowledge about tyres or how ones goes about selecting them.

Honestly, I wouldn't care about the tyre and continue with the stock ones but we recently had a baby and would just want to ensure as much safety as possible.
Old 14th December 2016, 20:31   #6270
BHPian

Six months of ownership and 5K KMs on the Odo, yeah just 5K KMs so far (thanks to few of the long trips that had to be cancelled / postponed in the last minute )

Ownership review coming soon. Teaser pic for now Picture Credits : Wifey.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.png  

Last edited by Keynote : 14th December 2016 at 20:35.
Keynote is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks