Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2016, 12:21   #6376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Thanks rakesh_r.
Can you please suggest the Tyres you have opted for, and how much did it cost you after exchange.
I am in Bangalore, any Tyre dealer suggestions would be really helpful.
The quietest of the lot would be the Michelin Primacy 3STs which I am personally using and would suggest if comfort is the topmost priority. For the cost, need to dig out the receipts to confirm, apologies for that.
If touring is your priority, will suggest to go for the tyre change by all means.
Regarding shops in Bangalore, best bet would be to catch hold of Bangalore Bhpians since I have zilch knowledge about the shops in Bangalore.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 12:30   #6377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
Agree, some initial recommendations will help. Is Millivisions still a good choice?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
I changed stock tyres of my SCross from Millivisions. Got decent buyback value for JKs (3.5K per tyre) and good price for Michilin P3ST (7.5 K per tyre).
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 12:34   #6378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am in Bangalore, any Tyre dealer suggestions would be really helpful.
For Bangalore tyre dealer, you can try Madhus. Details here.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 13:09   #6379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Completed 10,000kms in 58 days. Took this pic today in the evening at Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh. Will be taking her for 3rd free service day after tomorrow.
10K Kms in 2 months.

Looks like you are enjoying the car to its fullest. Any under-scraping issues when the car is laden with weight?
Old 26th December 2016, 14:41   #6380
BHPian

Hi All- I had gone on a 800 kms trip( bothways) this weekend in my Scross 1.3 and have couple of observations :

I kind of have a feeling that the car loses its steam and struggles hard after it crosses 100 kmph. We are only 3 of us in the car and with very light luggage and hence not sure why this is the case? I had similar feeling in my previous trip too but did not bother much thinking on this. I set the tyre pressure to 35 psi on all wheels. Any pointers as to why this is happening? All my previous cars were petrol versions and hence not sure whether this issue is psychological!

The road noise is very evident in the stock JK tyres and any one who is used to frequent highway drives should change tyres once they take delivery of the vehicle. The noise becomes more in cement roads and in uneven patches.

Finally- I am continuously hearing some squeaking noise and I have zeroed this noise coming from the driver seat. Currently monitoring this and will take it to service center if it persists.

Regards, Ananthc

Last edited by Ananthc : 26th December 2016 at 14:59.
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 16:12   #6381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
I kind of have a feeling that the car loses its steam and struggles hard after it crosses 100 kmph. We are only 3 of us in the car and with very light luggage and hence not sure why this is the case? I had similar feeling in my previous trip too but did not bother much thinking on this. I set the tyre pressure to 35 psi on all wheels. Any pointers as to why this is happening? All my previous cars were petrol versions and hence not sure whether this issue is psychological!
It does struggle past 100kmph
It wont keep pace with a higher capacity diesel engined vehicle or petrol competetion.
Moreover S cross masks speeds beautifully. Let it run in a bit and you will feel more comfortable.
The chasis and dynamics are suited for the brilliant 1.6, not the small 1.3 under the hood.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 16:57   #6382
BHPian

Quote:

Finally- I am continuously hearing some squeaking noise and I have zeroed this noise coming from the driver seat. Currently monitoring this and will take it to service center if it persists.

Regards, Ananthc
The sound in my case was narrowed down to the seat belt lock on the driver's side(where you insert the seat belt). Observe a bit and if it's the same problem, get the lock changed.
eddy481 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 17:18   #6383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Looks like they have updated the brochure fully as it contains images with the updated alloys.
Yes the new alloys look far more attractive. My parents also checked at the showroom and the S-Cross were adorning the new alloys
Old 26th December 2016, 17:54   #6384
BHPian

I had a quick chat with the Millivision guys, They asked me if the replacement is for same size or upsize. I told same size.
This is what they gave me.

For JK -- 3000 INR. Is this a good price ?
They told the replacement wheels range from 6500 to 8000 INR. I don't know which tyre costs how much.
They have Continental,Pirelli, Yokohama, Michelin.
I have zero knowledge regarding tyres, any suggestions would really help.
Old 26th December 2016, 19:10   #6385
BANNED

Quote:
For JK -- 3000 INR. Is this a good price ?

Here in Hyderabad, the buy-back for JK Elanzo is 4000 per tyre.

Continental range between 8300 to 9000 per tyre

Yokohama is slightly cheaper by 200 bucks.

Michelin is the costliest ranging between 9000 to 10000 per tyre.

Never enquired about Pirelli.

All the above rates are for stock size - 205/60 R16.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th December 2016 at 19:14.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 19:16   #6386
BHPian

Quote:
I had a quick chat with the Millivision guys, ....For JK -- 3000 INR.
They quoted me the same buyback price.

Quote:
They told the replacement wheels range from 6500 to 8000 INR. I don't know which tyre costs how much.
Millivision 's quote for Michelin Primacy 3ST is 7500INR.

Last edited by aryasanyal : 26th December 2016 at 19:17.
Old 26th December 2016, 19:28   #6387
BHPian

I had a quick call with Mr.Govind Khabra
He told 3000INR is final because, brand new Tyres from the show room cost 3500 INR.

He gave the below prices.
6500 for Pirelli, Goodyear, Goodyear
7500 Conti
8000 Michellin

I am more inclined towards Pirelli as it falls in my budget, and as per Mr.Govind, these tyres are also good and other tyres are expensive mostly owing to their brands.
Can you please provide feedback for the 6500 INR price range tyres.
RROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 19:54   #6388
BHPian

My Granite beauty @Kerala home with a perfect wash after the Bangalore - Thrissur trip yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161226_075201_hdr_1.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 08:09   #6389
BHPian

Quote:

The road noise is very evident in the stock JK tyres and any one who is used to frequent highway drives should change tyres once they take delivery of the vehicle. The noise becomes more in cement roads and in uneven patches.

Yes. JK Elanzo gives higher road noise and it's more on cement paved roads and bad roads. If the road surface is smooth tarmac, noise is minimal. If with AC and light music, the noise can be addressed to comfortable levels.

Regarding the squeaking noise from driver's seat. Are you keeping the seat mechanism at almost maximum/near maximum height position?. I had this very irritating squeaking sound from the driver seat whenever the car goes over a road bump / taking a sharp turn at 40+ speeds and going over very bad patches of roads. The service centre could not address this issue and said they have tightened some of the base mounting bolts of the seat which was found loose.

It never solved the problem. After some time, I figured out that the sound was coming from the seat height adjustment mechanism and I was keeping the height at the maximum. Later, I reduced the height to 3-4 strokes less of the adjustment lever and the squeaking sound disappeared completely.

You can try with different height positions by adjusting it minimally and check. There is high probability that the sound may disappear.

Last edited by Sree73 : 27th December 2016 at 08:11.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 09:20   #6390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
If I were you, I'd keep the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I agree with the last line. I would keep the monster.

Regards
Bharath
I would love to keep the car if i had frequent outstation trips. On highways its just whole different monster. In city traffic as you mentioned auto walas and idiotic bikers make it difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Sad that you are planning to let go off the monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
That's a rather drastic decision you have taken.
Have you considered travelling by train?
Most of the time i travel by train with no issues other than
Hygiene But i prefer my car when i have to collect payment ( i assist my dad in small scale business which involves collecting payments on weekly basis ) .
To be honest with you all i would love to keep the car but i don't quite fancy the idea of keeping my car parked in my garage for long.I feel no shame to admit the reasons are both Practicality and Financial.
Anyways as you guys have mentioned i will only let it go if i get decent price for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks