Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2017, 00:27   #6496

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
SCross petrol? Is it even in pipeline? Which engine will it sport the K14?

The car can't get more boring to drive than that!!
Its reported to get the M15 engine which hasnt yet been launched here. The 2017 facelifted Ciaz should be the first one to get it in May timeframe. I believe Maruti already exports the Petrol Scross to Indonesia. Earlier reports had suggested an end 2016 launch in India for the Scross petrol. However the Brezza and Baleno bookings have left Maruti to postpone all other things. Sincerely hope it wont be that boring although cant expect the Diesel 1.6 snazz!! I wouldnt know where to look elsewhere as the Ciaz is definitely not giving me the thrills. It needs to be driven maturely and that leaves an unfulfilled desire.
Old 7th January 2017, 18:59   #6497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Great set of mods maxaud!!! I am actually curious about the grille. Very curious

Did you wrap the chrome part of the grille - excluding the Suzuki logo - or paint it black? The 3M outlets I went would not do it. They say, it will not last long and hence they will not do it. I had got the wrap in the number plate area but even that has started peeling off. I am planning to get the grille and the number plate area painted black - but still skeptical. One of our members had wrapped the chrome in black from a local outlet and I am considering that also. Would love to know how and where you did it and I would like to do the same if you are happy with the results
Hey. Yes I just wrapped the chrome slats as well and I got it done from 3M JP Nagar. I have to say they did a pretty great job. Initially, the folks were a hesitant for applying the wraps on chrome, but the manager Ashok assured me that it can be done. He said all you have to do is apply primer before applying the wrap on such areas and it will stay. As of now, I am quite happy with the job.

The wrap around the rear view mirror area started peeling off yesterday and I took it back today. Without a second thought, Ashok peeled away the entire area and redid it. This time, he said he is not stretching the sheet much, which was what caused the sheet to contract and come off.
maxaud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 01:40   #6498
BHPian

My 2000 km run Scross has thrown ABS warning light. Tried to shut the car off and restart. Light remains ON. Will be taking it to service station tomorrow. Hope its a minor issue
Old 8th January 2017, 01:45   #6499
Team-BHP Support

Did you drive through slush ? Could be a dirty sensor. I had a similar problem with my swift.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 07:57   #6500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
S-Cross sells 1582 units in the month of December 2016. For complete details, refer the link http://www.autopunditz.com/
My sister who works in a banking sector, has a client who is associated with Maruti Suzuki.When my sister mentioned that i am buying a s cross, he told her that s cross production is stopping.
I am hoping this is to make way for ignis or some other popular model.
2K per month numbers ain't that bad.
Old 8th January 2017, 10:43   #6501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
My sister who works in a banking sector, has a client who is associated with Maruti Suzuki.When my sister mentioned that i am buying a s cross, he told her that s cross production is stopping.
I am hoping this is to make way for ignis or some other popular model.
2K per month numbers ain't that bad.
S-Cross is not stopping production. That might be an old news about the DDiS320 (1.6). That version, only Alpha is in production and it is made to order.

Last edited by Sree73 : 8th January 2017 at 10:45.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 15:25   #6502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Did you drive through slush ? Could be a dirty sensor. I had a similar problem with my swift.
Diagnosed as a faulty sensor and replaced FOC.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 12:49   #6503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxaud View Post
I got my beauty delivered last week and since then have been busy as a bee! I am a very happy customer.
The wrap looks good. How much did it cost for it?

I am also planning to visit 3M to get the upper half body wrapped and apply PPF on some particular areas. The spoiler comes unpainted and they paint it to the color of the car before installing it, so I had asked the dealer to paint the spoiler black instead of white. Regarding the ORVMs, will check out the black cover available with the dealers as Dr.Naren pointed out.
Old 9th January 2017, 16:52   #6504
Senior - BHPian

Traded in the stock alloys for a set of Momo Revenge, stock size. Tyres upgraded to Michelin Primacy 3ST.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-panda.jpg  

rakesh_r is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:54   #6505
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Traded in the stock alloys for a set of Momo Revenge, stock size. Tyres upgraded to Michelin Primacy 3ST.
Would you mind sharing more images of the alloys and tyres plus costs incurred, buyback (if any)?!

Black alloys on white is a nice combination plus the black cladding increases the overall look even more

How about a white border on the alloys?
Old 9th January 2017, 17:12   #6506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Would you mind sharing more images of the alloys and tyres plus costs incurred, buyback (if any)?!

Black alloys on white is a nice combination plus the black cladding increases the overall look even more

How about a white border on the alloys?
I have shared some pics in the Official Alloy wheel thread. Regarding putting in a white border, the revenge doesn't have any space where I can apply one since the flange runs right till the end of the rim. Moreover I like the whole grey look, makes it less complicated to keep the alloys clean.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4124432 (The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!)
Old 9th January 2017, 17:14   #6507
BANNED

Quote:
I have shared some pics in the Official Alloy wheel thread.
Yes, I just saw the thread update from you.

How about a OEM spoiler addition in body colour or black?!

IMHO that is the only thing missing in completing the look.
Old 9th January 2017, 17:22   #6508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I just saw the thread update from you.

How about a OEM spoiler addition in body colour or black?!

IMHO that is the only thing missing in completing the look.
I really wanted to add the spoiler (painted in black) but the issue is it requires some drilling. One mess with the installation and the damage stays for the life time.
Old 9th January 2017, 17:25   #6509
BANNED

Quote:
I really wanted to add the spoiler (painted in black) but the issue is it requires some drilling. One mess with the installation and the damage stays for the life time.
I agree.

Any kind of guarantee NEXA guys give? Have you spoken to your RM or the Manager there? How confident are they?
Old 9th January 2017, 17:29   #6510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree.

Any kind of guarantee NEXA guys give? Have you spoken to your RM or the Manager there? How confident are they?
I didn't bother asking my RM on the spoiler since I was not keen in installing the one. Will anyhow check with him when I visit the showroom to see the Ignis to be launched on the 13th. I somehow am not comfortable with the drilling part since in due course of time it becomes a rust magnet.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks