Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 09:59   #6916
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Its been around 2 weeks since I took delivery of my 1.6. The car has been doing great, went for the 1000km first service on Fri.
One thing that is currently bothering me is- after about a week of ownership, the feel of turbo kick at 1800rpm was gone. Initially I thought the ecu might be adjusting to my driving style. The turbo kick would return sometimes when I accelerated a little hard(not pedal to metal really). Now after 2 weeks even the hard acceleration is not building any turbo kick.
Check the plumbing and the joints that are installed after the air is compressed by the turbo. Minute small leakages of air see an exponential increase at high boost. In my Cruze I lived with an air leak because of one small nut being slightly loose for 6 years
which gave black smoke under hard acceleration.

Tightening that one small nut gave me the actual performance available from the Cruze. I had remapped at 12000km but it is only after 1,50,000km that I really started enjoying the manic acceleration of the cruze without the smoke.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 11:37   #6917
BHPian

Saw this set of Alloys in the Test drive S-Cross at Nexa Palakkad.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170225_183759.jpg

It is much better than the original one provided. Has anyone in our forum chosen this set of alloys?
rohitoasis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 12:02   #6918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Saw this set of Alloys in the Test drive S-Cross at Nexa Palakkad.

Attachment 1618590

It is much better than the original one provided. Has anyone in our forum chosen this set of alloys?
This is the default set of alloys the vehicle comes with now
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:00   #6919
Senior - BHPian

What a bunch of idiotic morons whoever designed or tested Nexa website!! The service center for Nexa cars is shown in Byndoor, Chikkaballapur & Kanjangad that too for Khivraj motors when the map is showing around Chennai!! Very premium experience!!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg
Old 15th March 2017, 11:53   #6920
BHPian

20,000 kms up in 4 months 15 days of ownership. Taking the car for 4th service on Friday.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_6196.jpg
NOTE:Pic taken from the front passenger seat.
sinharishi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 18:28   #6921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
20,000 kms up in 4 months 15 days of ownership.
Wow. At this rate, 60000 KMs in an year. When do you come out of the car?
Old 16th March 2017, 19:10   #6922
BHPian

Quote:
20,000 kms up in 4 months 15 days of ownership.[/i]
Hire me as your Co Driver, occasionally, If it's highway cruising. That'll fulfil our desire - Live To Drive.

Some of the features are never used by many owners, for ex. Cruise Control, but, you'll be using all the features a modern car has to offer.
Old 17th March 2017, 06:23   #6923
Senior - BHPian

Question to all 1.6 owners - How & what did you follow to complete the engine running-in process? Owner's manual or OWN(ers) manual

Since there's nothing specifically mentioned other than no sudden acceleration/deceleration/hard braking, I recall my previous experience with CPR 250R which also had similar instruction. Ultimately there was no speed suggestion for CPR except for avoiding sudden acceleration/deceleration.

Pls provide your inputs & thoughts. Tks
Old 17th March 2017, 13:21   #6924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Question to all 1.6 owners - How & what did you follow to complete the engine running-in process? Owner's manual or OWN(ers) manual

Since there's nothing specifically mentioned other than no sudden acceleration/deceleration/hard braking, I recall my previous experience with CPR 250R which also had similar instruction. Ultimately there was no speed suggestion for CPR except for avoiding sudden acceleration/deceleration.

Pls provide your inputs & thoughts. Tks
By CPR, I guess you meant CBR, right?

Anyway, for the S Cross running in, do exactly what it states. No sudden acceleration and no sudden braking. You just have to drive sedately and make sure your rev climbs very steadily. In doing that, you will never exceed 2500 rpm anyway. This is exactly what I did for the first 1000 km. It will hardly affect your highway speed as DDiS 320, at 2000 rpm in sixth gear, will get you past 110 kmph. More important that the upper rev limit is the lower one. Make sure you do not drive at "low speeds in higher gear". Simply put, do not lug your engine.

In a nutshell, Drive sedately, Do not Lug.

Happy kilometres to you. the effort of the first 1,000 km will keep you smiling for the next 200,000.
srinitdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 14:23   #6925
BHPian

Finally got a new set of seat covers installed. I had posted about getting custom seat covers (full-bucket type) about a week ago but couldn't get them installed as I got too busy to spare the car for 5 hours. This is Napa Leather (grain-less) material which doesn't come in a Jet Black tone. It is more of Dark Grey and suits the interiors better IMO. Sharing a dropbox link as TBHP doesn't support higher res pictures in attachments. Let me know what you think about them!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rsqxjrgn8...tM4GOS5Ma?dl=0
Old 17th March 2017, 15:00   #6926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
20,000 kms up in 4 months 15 days of ownership. Taking the car for 4th service on Friday.

NOTE:Pic taken from the front passenger seat.
Excellent! Congrats! How has the car held up so far?
Wishing you many more miles ... err ... kilometres ahead. And hoping you can be the Irv Gordon of India
Old 17th March 2017, 18:16   #6927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Since there's nothing specifically mentioned other than no sudden acceleration/deceleration/hard braking
That is all you got to do.
Just drive normally.

Scross @ Tehri Dam

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-kps_6528.jpg
kpzen is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 18:31   #6928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
By CPR, I guess you meant CBR, right?
yes, I like to address CBR that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
That is all you got to do; Just drive normally
Thank you Kpzen for reassuring, million thanks.

I was told SCross's engine doesn't need bedding (this is the terminology they used), so, it can be driven right out of the showroom as normally as how they drive. But like any new or old engine, they asked not to lug the engine that's all.

Anyway, I cry whenever I see $#@$@$ lugging their engine; poor vehicle; so I don't do it either. Thanks for reaffirming my doubts.

At the same time, can't keep wondering as why the owner's manual still has running-in section; probably for jokers who ill-treat their cars?

PS - That's awesome looking Prem Silver SCross you have; second easy to clean color

Last edited by aargee : 17th March 2017 at 18:32.
Old 17th March 2017, 18:51   #6929
BHPian

I am considering the Honda WR-V and also the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta version and cannot decide which one to go for. I am just leaning towards the S-Cross given the refinement and premium interiors and also more room for my kids. Would like to hear the opinion of S-Cross owners here on the forum.
Old 17th March 2017, 19:13   #6930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
I am considering the Honda WR-V and also the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta version and cannot decide which one to go for. I am just leaning towards the S-Cross given the refinement and premium interiors and also more room for my kids. Would like to hear the opinion of S-Cross owners here on the forum.
Well, you have the whole thread which is a good enough opinion from the owners. Going through some of the recent posts maybe from the past few months should give you a fair idea of what you are looking for. Also the S-Cross is available only with Diesel while WR-V should also have petrol as an option. So go through some of the posts from the past few months, and you should have a fair idea what to expect. WR-V vs. S-Cross, personally if you ask me, I would pick the S-Cross any day for its dynamics and interior space.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks