Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 22:28   #7081
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Naren thanks for providing this information. Is this feasible for lower variants i.e. Delta and Zeta? Also what about legality for 55w output?
Yes, this retrofit could be done even on lower variants with halogen reflector. Legally, any mods are illegal . But this is a direct swap and retains OEM looks. Also, with a Bixenon Projector setup.. You have total control. Low beam wouldn't blind anyone.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 23:36   #7082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Fellow 1.6 S-Cross owner has done a good retrofit. He has replaced the stock projectors with Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0.
Thanks for sharing.

Is this a 55W setup?? If yes, will it not put any load on the electrical system?? Is there a relay or any alternative in place??

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 1st April 2017 at 23:50.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 23:58   #7083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Thanks for sharing.
Is this a 55W setup?? If yes, will it not put any load on the electrical system?? Is there any relay or any alternative in place??
Yes, this is a 55W setup. Dheeraj has got the full projector kit from Morimoto ( Retro Rides, Delhi) which consists of projector, bulbs, wiring harness (relay) and ballasts. No, it wouldn't put any extra load on the battery.

The owner has shared few more details. Many have complained about vibrations with stock projector on bad roads. This problem is solved with the new projector retrofit. Also, he has shared some more pics.

Stock Projector vs Mini D2S 4.0 ( Both are 3 inch lens, but body of stock projector is slightly bigger)
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0108.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0103.jpg

Few more output shots : Looks really good!!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0089.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0093.jpg

And this is the secret of amazing output : Oh boy, look at that intense hotspot
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170401wa0086.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd April 2017 at 00:02.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:19   #7084
BHPian

Need more details about the installer and where we can get this installed. Can this be installed in Bangalore?

Thanks much for sharing! Finally a useful solution for S-Cross alpha owners.
sudeepg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:27   #7085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Need more details about the installer and where we can get this installed. Can this be installed in Bangalore?
I am not sure if Retro Rides has a branch in Bangalore. Dheeraj has got the installation done from RR itself in Delhi. It's better to contact them to know about installation facility in Bangalore.
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:27   #7086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this is a 55W setup.
The results are truly magnificent.

BTW, I purchased a parts manual(latest edition) for a friend, and it looks like Maruti has localised the 1.6L engine and associated parts(transmission is still imported).

Facts which substantiate my claim are:

1. Engine number of 1.6 DDIS is MGP
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170402_000439.jpg

2. Earlier, air filters were imported from Romania(SGP), whereas the current part manual shows MGP number.

Older air filter(notice the missing M, which means SGP)
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross-air-filter.jpg

Newer air filter part number
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170402_000528.jpg

Guys, what do you think?? Has Maruti finally answered our prayers??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:32   #7087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, what do you think?? Has Maruti finally answered our prayers??
Haha, no buddy!!

It's a mistake in parts catalogue and also in DMS. The pricing is same even for the one with M. Maruti has asked the dealers to use 1.3 air filter if 1.6 is not available. Also it looks like Maruti has stopped importing 1.6 air filters and 1.3 one would be the standard one soon

Regarding the engine part number with M, I think it's a mistake again. Maruti / Suzuki has no rights to manufacture 1.6 multijet and as per the deal, they would buy from Fiat.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd April 2017 at 00:35.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:37   #7088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Haha, no buddy!!

It's a mistake in parts catalogue and also in DMS.
Parts like engine head, crankshaft, pistons etc for the D16 are all listed under MGPs. This is the reason I thought they have localised the engine.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 00:40   #7089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Parts like engine head, crankshaft, pistons etc for the D16 are all listed under MGPs. This is the reason I thought they have localised the engine.
Don't you think Maruti / Suzuki would have officially announced it? . S-Cross for Europe is built in Hungary and 1.6 multijet is again imported from Italy. Maruti has got the rights to produce 1.3 engine but not 1.6.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 07:22   #7090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, it wouldn't put any extra load on the battery
Absolutely zero load!! Here's a simple math - If Zeta, Sigma variants use the same battery capacity as Alpha, then the former supports 60/55 headlights, which means, the latter will also support 60/55 wattage no matter its Halogen or HID

Quote:
Can this be installed in Bangalore?
Oh! C'mon, DL is not that far off for 1.6; ideally we should find this as an excuse to drive to DL & get this done

Quote:
It's a mistake in parts catalogue and also in DMS
Thanks for clarifying & hopefully it remains a mistake!! I wish MSIL don't localize parts for 1.6 & they keep importing the engine components, if not forever, atleast for next 4-5 years.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:31   #7091
BHPian

Quote:
Many have complained about vibrations with stock projector on bad roads. This problem is solved with the new projector retrofit. Also, he has shared some more pics.

Stock Projector vs Mini D2S 4.0 ( Both are 3 inch lens, but body of stock projector is slightly bigger)
Many thanks for sharing all of this information. I wish we could install this somewhere in Bangalore or the RR folks can come down here to get them installed. I am fairly sure they would get at least 2 folks to install this right now. The light output is just amazing! Can you PM me a contact number for RR or the BHPian who got this installed?

I have also seen the vibrations on the light and wondered why it occurred. At some point I even thought that the install in my car may not have been tightened up well. This is good news to us.

Also, does Xenon know about this latest update? I guess they could also get it done too for us here since it looks like its a plug and play type installation and not plug and pray?

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2017, 15:22   #7092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have also seen the vibrations on the light and wondered why it occurred. At some point I even thought that the install in my car may not have been tightened up well. This is good news to us.
As per Dheeraj, it's due to some play in levelling motor. During his retrofit, RR had tried to fix this out. I am not very sure if it's the real culprit, but yes the vibration issue has been solved
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 16:50   #7093
BHPian

Does S-Cross give any indication in MID if the car is driven with the bonnet lid not closed properly. I just drove the car inside the parking place with the bonnet did not lock properly. I did not get any indication.

If any of the 5 doors did not close properly, do get a warning in MID, but did not see that warning with the bonnet lid. Not sure, the warning comes if the car crosses a particular speed (20kmph) or not. Anyone has observed this condition?

Last edited by Sree73 : 2nd April 2017 at 16:51.
Old 2nd April 2017, 18:07   #7094
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
If any of the 5 doors did not close properly, do get a warning in MID, but did not see that warning with the bonnet lid. Not sure, the warning comes if the car crosses a particular speed (20kmph) or not. Anyone has observed this condition?
No warning on MID. But, if you lock the car using remote with bonnet not fully closed : you will get 3 chirps instead of 1.
Old 2nd April 2017, 19:09   #7095
Distinguished - BHPian

A list dominated by Japanese . Suzuki S Cross is rated 6th best in terms of disparity between claimed and Real MPG fuel economy in UK.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks