Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 20:14   #7291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
Is it ok to go for customized projector fitting by opening the headlight fitting or go ahead with a branded HID kit like Osram or Philips?
Yes, it's OK to retrofit a good quality projector and reseal using butyl sealant. If no stock wiring is tampered, electrical warranty will be intact.

Please do not use HID bulbs in halogen reflector. It would lead to lot of glare for oncoming traffic and even the output would be nowhere close to Bixenon Projector setup.

Also, you can try Philips Rally 100/90 with relay. It would cost around 1500 Rs.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 21:19   #7292

I'm considering the 1.6 version as an upgrade for my Punto, sport variant. Would anyone know about any offers from Maruti for S Cross 1.6? Thank you!
Old 28th April 2017, 11:27   #7293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, it's OK to retrofit a good quality projector and reseal using butyl sealant. If no stock wiring is tampered, electrical warranty will be intact.

Please do not use HID bulbs in halogen reflector. It would lead to lot of glare for oncoming traffic and even the output would be nowhere close to Bixenon Projector setup.

Also, you can try Philips Rally 100/90 with relay. It would cost around 1500 Rs.
I visited 4-5 renowned accessory dealers up here in Chandigarh. Barring one of them who specialized in customized accessory setups, all ill-advised to open and reseal the head lamps making them susceptible to moisture inside the fitting in future.

The customized setup dealer was quoting a hell lot for his projectors and Drl's as compared to other dealers, making an estimate of over 22k He exhibited some special aluminum body projectors & claimed that Audi & BMW use such fittings. He also offered different designs of BMW Angel-eye ring frames which could be used along the projectors.

Personally I'am interested to go for a projector setup but can't take a risk of moisture leakage. So, can anyone suggest a reasonably priced online site or source to order such special projectors, lights, lenses & Drl's. Once procured I could relocate a quality retro fitter who uses butyl sealants etc. or someone who gives assurance of his fitting work.
Old 28th April 2017, 16:07   #7294
BHPian

Took delivery of my 1.3 zeta Granite Grey yesterday
I'll post in detail about delivery and initial ownership experience in a few days. I need a suggestion: I want to swap JK Elanzo's (run only 70 KM so far) with Michelin P3ST, of same size 205/60/R16. The buy back offered to me is max Rs.2000 per JK tyre. The P3ST ones are quoted at Rs.8250/- per tyre. P3ST mfg date stated by the dealer is DEC-2016. Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less? Any suggestions on good tyre dealerships?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 16:22   #7295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I'll post in detail about delivery and initial ownership experience in a few days. I need a suggestion: I want to swap JK Elanzo's (run only 70 KM so far) with Michelin P3ST, of same size 205/60/R16. The buy back offered to me is max Rs.2000 per JK tyre. The P3ST ones are quoted at Rs.8250/- per tyre. P3ST mfg date stated by the dealer is DEC-2016. Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less? Any suggestions on good tyre dealerships?
Congratulations
Good choice on tires.
Buy back value is way too less, try negotiating for a better price. Anything north of Rs 3500 should be nice.
New P3ST I bought one tire last week for Rs 7500
Old 28th April 2017, 16:24   #7296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'll post in detail about delivery and initial ownership experience in a few days. I need a suggestion: Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less? Any suggestions on good tyre dealerships?
Its not a good deal. This is what I had got when I swapped my JKs with Michelins.

Final deal:
Buy back for JK Elanzo: 4,000/- per tyre
Michelin Primacy 3ST: 6,900/- per tyre
Total cost for 4 tyres: 11,600/-
Old 28th April 2017, 16:24   #7297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats @ankan.m.blr!

Buy back value of JK Elanzo has been steadily going down over the past year. Too many people are swapping the tyres, as they don't do any justice to the capabilities of the car. Shop around a bit more, you could get up to 3000 per tyre as buy back, but that will involve some leg work.

If you haven't done so already, check out Madhu's (Langford Road) and Millivisions (Krumbigal Road, near Lalbagh Main Gate) for alternate quotes.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 16:26   #7298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Congrats @ankan.m.blr!

Buy back value of JK Elanzo has been steadily going down over the past year. Too many people are swapping the tyres, as they don't do any justice to the capabilities of the car. Shop around a bit more, you could get up to 3000 per tyre as buy back, but that will involve some leg work.

If you haven't done so already, check out Madhu's (Langford Road) and Millivisions (Krumbigal Road, near Lalbagh Main Gate) for alternate quotes.
It's Madhu's who quoted me Rs.2000 for JK.:banghead:
Old 28th April 2017, 18:18   #7299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's Madhu's who quoted me Rs.2000 for JK.:banghead:
In my conversation with Sai Iyengar Tyres, I got to know that the MRP for JK Elanzos has gone down and new tyres in the S-Cross stock size is available for ~3000 INR. Hence the buy back has been steadily decreasing from the earlier 4000 to 2000-2500 per tyre in the past 2 months. This is just FYI and I did not do any further legwork to validate this information.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 18:52   #7300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In my conversation with Sai Iyengar Tyres, I got to know that the MRP for JK Elanzos has gone down and new tyres in the S-Cross stock size is available for ~3000 INR. Hence the buy back has been steadily decreasing from the earlier 4000 to 2000-2500 per tyre in the past 2 months. This is just FYI and I did not do any further legwork to validate this information.
You are correct. Sai Iyengar tyres has stopped buyback of JK tyres (I was told so when I spoke to them)
Old 28th April 2017, 23:59   #7301
BHPian

The Michelin P3ST offered to me are brand new but manufactured in Nov 2016. They are lying in the godown for close to 6 months. Is there anything specific I need to check while buying these tyres?
Old 29th April 2017, 00:20   #7302
BHPian

Quote:
The Michelin P3ST offered to me are brand new but manufactured in Nov 2016. They are lying in the godown for close to 6 months. Is there anything specific I need to check while buying these tyres?
If you have a choice, avoid old tyres. They harden on storage! Not only will your ride be unsettled (at high speeds), but they will also affect your wheel alignment!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 29th April 2017 at 00:40.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 01:05   #7303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
If you have a choice, avoid old tyres. They harden on storage! Not only will your ride be unsettled (at high speeds), but they will also affect your wheel alignment!
Thank you! I did not realize this. So I need to back out of the deal. Problem is, its hard to find a recently manufactured P3ST in my req'd size (205/60/R16) in Bangalore these days.
Old 29th April 2017, 02:38   #7304
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! I did not realize this. So I need to back out of the deal. Problem is, its hard to find a recently manufactured P3ST in my req'd size (205/60/R16) in Bangalore these days.
Get them shipped from somebody from a different state, say Mumbai or Chennai or Delhi or Chandigarh if you really want those and do not have them available in Bangalore and get them installed at any trusted tyre shop in your city.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 07:44   #7305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Six month old tyres shouldn't be much of a problem, specially if they are imported and you are a mile muncher. Freshly made tyres of non OEM/standard size are hard to come by. Just check the tyres for signs of cracks, usage, physical deformity etc.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed