Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2017, 18:48   #7606
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Any of you guys use the sunglass holder regularly? If I put my shades in the sunglass holder there's an irritating rattle. Not sure if there's anything wrong with the holder of if it is my glasses that are the problem.
If you put the sunglasses directly in the holder, there is a persistent and maddening rattle. What I do is put the sunglasses in a soft drawstring pouch, before putting it in the holder. That will prevent the rattles.
Aiel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 18:58   #7607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
If you put the sunglasses directly in the holder, there is a persistent and maddening rattle. What I do is put the sunglasses in a soft drawstring pouch, before putting it in the holder. That will prevent the rattles.
That's a good suggestion. Actually the Ray-Ban aviators with its pouch fits perfectly in the holder and no rattles at all.
Remember, it goes in only one direction though.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th June 2017 at 11:34. Reason: Typo.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 20:02   #7608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Any update? How is your car doing now?

I have covered around 3,000 kms since the wiring harness replacement, no issues to report so far.
Hi Rishi. I got the car back. A friend of mine drove it down from d'dun. Since the incident the car has covered more than a 1000kms. Touchwood no problems since then.

The new wiring harness was installed under warranty and I did not have to pay any charges.

However the incident has left a sour taste in my mouth. Now there is a part of me which is scared of driving it for long distances lest that incident happens again and that too in a deserted place where I'm unable to contact help.
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 09:33   #7609
BHPian

For those contemplating tyre change for S-cross especially in 1.6, Bridgestone potenza GIII is also a choice. I can vouch for their performance as my 1.6 was swapped the stock JKs with Potenzas at 12000 km on ODO.
Now, the car has crossed 20k mark, the last 8000 km on potenzas have been a different story altogether. Though the old warrior now, Potenzas GIII are the performance tyres. In my case, the car feels much zippier, steering feedback is superb, even at 150km/hr the car remains stable and the grip is awesome.
However, these are rotational tyres, so the tyre life may be compromised. Doesn't concern me as I get the tyres replaced after 35k-40 k running in all the cars owned so far.
I have used following tyres in the past :

For Maruti Zen -155k on ODO - JK, Goodyear, Michelin energy, Bridgetone Turanzas - Best experience Michelin

For ANHC- 56k on ODO- Michelin, Continental Conti max 5 - Best experience Continental

For S Cross 1.6 - JK, Bridestone Potenza G III - Best experience Bridgestone

Initially, I was interested in a wider footprint for the car, so tried 225/55/R16 (Hankook Ventus) on stock alloys and test drove on Noida E-way for about 15 km, the overall feel was good. However, decided against 225 width on stock alloys as per advise from our Tyre Guru (Kpzen). Thereafter, tried 215/60 R16 Pirellis on stock rims & finally asked dealer to fit Michelin PST3 in stock size and drove through the same strech.

Michelin's performance has been discussed here time & again, so far it appears to be best suited tyres for S cross, although a bit more focused on comfort. Probably, Michelin PST3 is a sedan tyre and not for SUV. However, S cross is a true Cross-over & not a SUV and I like its sedan type handling. On that day, we ended up buying Pirellis for cousin's Fiesta on that day.

Actually, I had been searching for Bridgestone Turanzas (made in Japan), again as per tyre guru's advise, which couldn't be sourced from anywhere in NCR; next day got the car shod with Potenza GIII as Ford was already running on them and there are so many positive reviews about them.
The dealer obliged & handled my tantrums as he is the sole tyre dealer in our circle for quite some time now.

Conclusion : 205/ 60 R16 is the perfect size, there is absolutely no need to upgrade the tyre size.
breezydrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 10:59   #7610
Senior - BHPian

Scross 1.6 : Drive Report

FARIDABAD to BANGALORE

A car made for the highways and it relished all through the long long drive.
Massive relentless torque just makes mile munching feel so easy.
Total 2426 kms
Total Fuel consumed 145.44 Litres (Diesel)
Fuel Efficiency : 16.68 kmpl

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.png

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170612-10.06.12.jpg

Day 1 : Delhi to Indore
915 kms in 12 hrs

Day 2 : Indore to Kolhapur
889 kms in 15 hrs

Day 3 : Kolhapur to Bangalore
622 kms in 8 hrs

Name:  Faridabad to Bangalore Drive May17.PNG
Views: 4084
Size:  16.6 KB

Last edited by kpzen : 12th June 2017 at 11:12.
kpzen is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 12:02   #7611
BHPian

Quick update on ONE Year of blissful ownership, cost of upgrades /maintenance etc. in the past year and some interesting teasers,pictures about the recent meet up of fellow enthusiasts is updated in my ownership review section. Hope they are of help to current and future owners.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4214960
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 17:40   #7612
Senior - BHPian

On the occasion of first rains in Pune, played around with the hyperlapse video feature of S8 Plus. It looks interesting. Hoping to put this in effective use on the upcoming international trip.

ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 11:17   #7613
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven more than 20,500 KM till date and the beast has never let me down. I have got the 20K KM service done and total bill was 7661 Rs. Detailed report on the same could be found here (with lot of pics and some testing with SDT).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4216393

I had read few posts here regarding engine starting problems in 1.3 S-Cross and engine harness was replaced under warranty.

Posting the internal case study report by Maruti regarding the same (thanks to my sources) :
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170613wa0068.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th June 2017 at 20:58. Reason: Not your mistake. Just merging back to back posts.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 18:36   #7614

Took delivery of S-Cross 1.3 Zeta Urban blue car after waiting a huge time for the Baleno and realized that S-Cross is a much better car. Happy to drive this cross over avatar from Maruti Suzuki.
meinherzbrennt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 20:15   #7615
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend, I took it on a trip on the Cochin-Bangalore-Kollur-Kannur-Cochin circuit. About 1550 Kms, about 1 and 3/4ths tank of fuel.

While in Bangalore, while passing underneath a pedestrian overpass near Sophia school Bangalore, when one of the steel rods holding up the hoarding failed and came down. It fell on my car hard and did some damage.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170609_112657.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170609_112649.jpg

A few takeaways from the incident -

1. It would have potentially been very dangerous if it would have been on a two wheeler rider.

2. The rear glass is saved by less than an inch.

Last edited by govigov : 14th June 2017 at 20:17.
govigov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 20:49   #7616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinherzbrennt View Post
Took delivery of S-Cross 1.3 Zeta Urban blue car after waiting a huge time for the Baleno and realized that S-Cross is a much better car. Happy to drive this cross over avatar from Maruti Suzuki.
Sometimes compulsions are beneficial. What was the version of Baleno and what was difference in final OTR? Zeta seems best vfm version though.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th June 2017 at 20:56. Reason: spelling corrected
Old 15th June 2017, 00:13   #7617

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Sometimes compulsions are beneficial. What was the version of Baleno and what was difference in final OTR? Zeta seems best vfm version though.
Baleno booked was an Alpha petrol, and the S-Cross came close to 11.0 OTR Mumbai ( Delivery Via CSD). Yes Zeta is the VFM Product as Maruti Suzuki kept the price just below 10L Ex-showroom which the Zeta benefits from lower Registration tax.
meinherzbrennt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 14:04   #7618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Last weekend, I took it on a trip on the Cochin-Bangalore-Kollur-Kannur-Cochin circuit. About 1550 Kms, about 1 and 3/4ths tank of fuel.

While in Bangalore, while passing underneath a pedestrian overpass near Sophia school Bangalore, when one of the steel rods holding up the hoarding failed and came down. It fell on my car hard and did some damage.

Attachment 1648349

Attachment 1648350

A few takeaways from the incident -

1. It would have potentially been very dangerous if it would have been on a two wheeler rider.

2. The rear glass is saved by less than an inch.
Very worrying, I pass daily underneath it! Unless you already have, please report this to GoKA, file a FIR and claim your expenses.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 20:03   #7619
BHPian

I have an update for my tyre-replacement deal:
1. Michelin P3ST: 12k
2. Yokohama Earth1: 10k
3. Conti MC5: 11k

Michelin is least noisy. But if I'm ready to compromise that a bit, which is better in terms of durability and lesser susceptible to punctures - Yokohama or Conti MC5?
Old 16th June 2017, 09:56   #7620
Distinguished - BHPian

Many thanks to my birdies for sharing this information. This case might look weird, but yes this can happen. If the OE fog lamp bulb is loose, it can come out resulting in melting of bumper / fire
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170616wa0006.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks