Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 17:37   #7786
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post
I'm looking to replace these with something better and I'm looking for recommendations for good replacement bulbs. Any help is appreciated.
Get a 100/90W bulb with an harness. That's going to solve your lighting issues.

Philips H4 12v 100/90 P43t Rally

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01JGHFJEE/..._fS0BzbXTMR85H

Philips 12003XM H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit for High Power

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00PN5IPCC/..._DT0BzbQ4QCK72
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 17:39   #7787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get a 100/90W bulb with an harness. That's going to solve your lighting issues.

Philips H4 12v 100/90 P43t Rally

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01JGHFJEE/..._fS0BzbXTMR85H

Philips 12003XM H4 Heavy Duty Relay Wiring Kit for High Power

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00PN5IPCC/..._DT0BzbQ4QCK72
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a question, will this upgrade and especially installing a relay void my warranty?
Old 19th July 2017, 17:40   #7788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I have a question, will this upgrade and especially installing a relay void my warranty?
I had a relay with 100/90 bulbs installed in my previous car and the installation was done at the service center itself, so I don't think this would be a problem.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 18:00   #7789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Adding to Arvind, if the relay is fitted without splicing any OEM wires and the OEM harness is not meddled with, there should not be any problem. The Philips relay kit is a good one coupled with either the Hella or Philips Extreme Vision 100/90 bulbs should sort out any issues you have with poor lighting.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 18:23   #7790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I had a relay with 100/90 bulbs installed in my previous car and the installation was done at the service center itself, so I don't think this would be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Adding to Arvind, if the relay is fitted without splicing any OEM wires and the OEM harness is not meddled with, there should not be any problem. The Philips relay kit is a good one coupled with either the Hella or Philips Extreme Vision 100/90 bulbs should sort out any issues you have with poor lighting.
Thank you guys, but I just spoke to Nexa to confirm this, they say anything which isn't in the 'Genuine Nexa Accessories' list will in fact void the warranty. They do have replacement bulbs that aren't 100/90W but will improve the light by 30%. So still on the fence about the change.
Old 19th July 2017, 18:37   #7791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do have replacement bulbs that aren't 100/90W but will improve the light by 30%. So still on the fence about the change.
These will be the Osram NightBreaker+ or Philips Extreme Vision+ in the same 60/55W output. Not sure if you checked the price with them. Improvement in the output will be less and not very noticeable. You can take a call on this. A few pages ago fellow member kpzen has upgraded the headlights on his S-Cross with 100/90 bulbs and relay kit. I also remember seeing some pics posted by him (before and after). You may want to check it out and then take a call.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 18:40   #7792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys, but I just spoke to Nexa to confirm this, they say anything which isn't in the 'Genuine Nexa Accessories' list will in fact void the warranty.
There are perfectly right when they said this. A wiring Kit with a relay and higher wattage bulb is not an approved fitment or an accessory.

A few ASC will fit this for you if you have a good rapport while most of them simply won't. They have a fear of a surprise visit by the TSM who would notice this happening right under the roof of an Authorized workshop.

However, you can safely get this kit installed from any reputed accessory shop. It is a mere 15 minutes task.

Regarding the warranty - If they notice this during periodic service, they would in all probability try to make an entry in their system with a remark that you have installed this kit. Having said that, installing this kit as per directions is not going to ruin your car's electricals in any manner. What the Manufacturer/ASC says is that in case something with the electrical system goes wrong (and even if remotely related to lighting), it won't be covered under Warranty Terms and conditions.

There are hundreds of owners who have gone ahead with this simple upgrade and have been driving without any issues for lakhs of kilometers, Me included. Nothing has gone wrong except instances of blackening of reflectors which also is something that hasn't happened withe everyone.

So go ahead and install this kit.
Quote:
They do have replacement bulbs that aren't 100/90W but will improve the light by 30%. So still on the fence about the change.
If you really want to experiment, you can install these OE spec 55/60w bulbs that the ASC sells for experimentation only. You will realize that it is not much different from the OE Bulbs and yet a pair would cost you more than what a Wiring Kit + A pair of 100/90 Bulbs cost.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 19:09   #7793
BHPian

Quote:
These will be the Osram NightBreaker+ or Philips Extreme Vision+ in the same 60/55W output. Not sure if you checked the price with them. Improvement in the output will be less and not very noticeable. You can take a call on this. A few pages ago fellow member kpzen has upgraded the headlights on his S-Cross with 100/90 bulbs and relay kit. I also remember seeing some pics posted by him (before and after). You may want to check it out and then take a call.
Yes, they're the Xtreme Vision+. Thanks, I looked for the posts and this is the kind of performance I'm looking for. I recently had to drive at night in the rains and the headlight performance was really inadequate. I do need to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There are hundreds of owners who have gone ahead with this simple upgrade and have been driving without any issues for lakhs of kilometers, Me included. Nothing has gone wrong except instances of blackening of reflectors which also is something that hasn't happened withe everyone.

So go ahead and install this kit.
Thank you for the detailed post. I wouldn't have worried otherwise, but considering the kind of electronics in this car, I wasn't sure if it was wise to take a chance with voiding the warranty for something like this. But I can't really work with these, so I guess I will go ahead with the upgrade.
911er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 19:24   #7794
BHPian

Just one observation after the 1740 update of head unit. In reverse gear, the brightness of the display is good. But, reverse gear and aux / head lamps on, the brightness of the display is drastically reduced. I did not observe this kind of dim display when the headlight on before the head unit update. Anybody observed this behaviour?
Old 19th July 2017, 20:11   #7795
BHPian

Quote:
These will be the Osram NightBreaker+ or Philips Extreme Vision+ in the same 60/55W output. Not sure if you checked the price with them.
Quote:
Yes, they're the Philips Xtreme Vision+ 60/55W.
I contacted them again for the price. The upgrade costs Rs. 1400. Just sharing it here in case someone wants to know.

Last edited by 911er : 19th July 2017 at 20:12. Reason: Spelling mistake
911er is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 20:20   #7796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I contacted them again for the price. The upgrade costs Rs. 1400. Just sharing it here in case someone wants to know.
Yes, this is the Standard price across and applicable for most of the Maruti cars that have H4 OE bulbs.

This is the reason why I mentioned this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
and yet a pair would cost you more than what a Wiring Kit + A pair of 100/90 Bulbs cost.
The relay kit would cost ~800-900 while a Pair of Philips Bulbs would cost 500. Hence, you are paying almost same or little less than just a pair of OE spec bulbs.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 20:34   #7797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few hundred rupees more and you will have superb illumination. Relay kit with holder and the bulbs will all be covered for the price they are quoting just for replacement bulbs. And since you have made up your mind, dont think you need any more convincing but just putting it here for benefit of fellow members!

EDIT: Oops! Just noticed Parag sir has mentioned this already. Did not notice it until i posted mine.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 19th July 2017 at 20:37.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 21:08   #7798
BHPian

Hey
Any scross owner uses 3d mats for scross. I'm using it in my vento since last three years. The convenience they give is unmatchable. Just that I can't find one for scross anywhere.
Once I had seen it available for sx4. Will they be a perfect fit?
Old 19th July 2017, 21:41   #7799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Just one observation after the 1740 update of head unit. In reverse gear, the brightness of the display is good. But, reverse gear and aux / head lamps on, the brightness of the display is drastically reduced. I did not observe this kind of dim display when the headlight on before the head unit update. Anybody observed this behaviour?
That must be the system adapting itself to low light conditions.

It was like that for me before the update also in my Ertiga. Maybe the mode was disabled in yours prior to the 1740 update.
Old 19th July 2017, 22:29   #7800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Just one observation after the 1740 update of head unit. In reverse gear, the brightness of the display is good. But, reverse gear and aux / head lamps on, the brightness of the display is drastically reduced.
There is a setting for display brightness in the HU. It has 2 modes: Day & Night. Have you tried changing it from there? Would be great if you could share some pictures for reference!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks