Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 08:53   #7891
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, that was the case before. 1.6 S-Cross was built on order / limited production. As per my sources, there is no stock of 1.6 DDIS engine now. I have not seen any 1.6 S-Cross manufactured post April 2017. I know few guys who took delivery recently and their cars were made in March / April 2017.

If your friend is getting the car built on order : It should be August 2017 make. I hope it's true and Maruti would have imported fresh batch of 1.6 engines (very unlikely though).
When are they changing to the in-house Suzuki 1.5(?)D engine? Weren't they close to mass production status?
Old 7th August 2017, 09:09   #7892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
When are they changing to the in-house Suzuki 1.5(?)D engine? Weren't they close to mass production status?
Not anytime soon in S-Cross. It will come In Ciaz next year.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:52   #7893
BHPian

It has been 3 and a half months with my Scross and already the wiper blades have deteriorated. It streaks all over the glass whenever I turn on wipers during rains. I switched to 3M windshield cleaning spray but noticed just a marginal improvement. Is it just me or others also find the stock Maruti wipers are useless? I checked in 3M for frameless wipers but they stock 24/16 sizes whereas Scross comes in 26/14. Please suggest where I can get the correct size wiper blade apart from MGP.
Old 7th August 2017, 12:24   #7894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
It has been 3 and a half months with my Scross and already the wiper blades have deteriorated. It streaks all over the glass whenever I turn on wipers during rains.
My car is 9 months old and I have noticed streaks since last month, but there is only 1 line, not all over the glass.
Old 7th August 2017, 12:27   #7895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest where I can get the correct size wiper blade apart from MGP.
Hi, hope this might be of help:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4235384

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 7th August 2017 at 12:33.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 12:52   #7896
BHPian

Quote:
It has been 3 and a half months with my Scross and already the wiper blades have deteriorated.
I have been using Hella blades. They last almost thrice as long, the blades are much sturdier and don't start streaking so soon. The icing on the cake, they cost half the price of MGA ones! ✌🏻
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:01   #7897
BHPian

Quote:
It has been 3 and a half months with my Scross and already the wiper blades have deteriorated. It streaks all over the glass whenever I turn on wipers during rains. I switched to 3M windshield cleaning spray but noticed just a marginal improvement. Is it just me or others also find the stock Maruti wipers are useless? I checked in 3M for frameless wipers but they stock 24/16 sizes whereas Scross comes in 26/14. Please suggest where I can get the correct size wiper blade apart from MGP.
And here I thought mine was an isolated case. The passenger side wiper is absolutely useless and now the drivers side wiper leaves a huge patch exactly at eye level. That too, in just 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I have been using Hella blades. They last almost thrice as long, the blades are much sturdier and don't start streaking so soon. The icing on the cake, they cost half the price of MGA ones! ✌🏻
Can you share the size or model number of the ones you're using? Thanks!
911er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:29   #7898
Senior - BHPian

S-crossing a Jungle !!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-tumkur-drive-jiji-0608176tbhp.jpg
kpzen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 14:14   #7899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has been 3 and a half months with my Scross and already the wiper blades have deteriorated.
Mine is Oct 2015 SCross and still on the stock wiper blades. They are absolutely fine and do their job pretty well even today. You may have got a lemon pair. Either get it replaced under warranty or go for 3M blades. I have read good reviews of 3M blades.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 14:33   #7900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, hope this might be of help:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4235384

Cheers,
Vikram
The Bosch wipers mentioned are 26/13 whereas Scross needs 26/14. Not sure whether fitting a smaller blade on the passenger side is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Mine is Oct 2015 SCross and still on the stock wiper blades. They are absolutely fine and do their job pretty well even today. You may have got a lemon pair. Either get it replaced under warranty or go for 3M blades. I have read good reviews of 3M blades.
Yes maybe got a lemon. Another BHPian 911er also mentioned a similar issue with his 2-month-old Scross.
3M doesn't have 26/14 wipers in stock. Let me check online portals for Bosch/Hella (preferably frameless). Also, can we claim warranty on wiper blades?
Old 7th August 2017, 16:50   #7901

Hi,

I recently replaced my 12 year old red Swift Vxi with a S-Cross 1.3l Alpha and thought it was an apt time to start writing on team bhp as well. So, while there are already quite a few ownership reviews of S-Cross 1.3l, as a prospective buyer till a few days back, I understand that its always more the merrier!!

To start with just a brief intro – I work with a start-up that does CRM systems for automobile dealers and OEM’s and is based of NCR region. Automobiles has always been a passion for me – products, the processes, technology, design themes etc and team bhp has been invaluable resource over the years (I have been following team bhp since ages, although this is my first post).

So here are my two cents on S.Cross –

Why S-Cross: For people who love cars and driving, buying a new car is always an emotional decision. Further given the advancements in technology and hyper competitive environment none of the car companies can survive with bad products (companies can still fail with good products – remember Fiat?). So while I preferred S-Cross none of the other cars were bad in any ways. Now, why S-Cross – 11.5 lakh INR on road for top variant (1.3l DDIS motor) and buyback offer of INR 1.8 lakh for a 12 year old Swift Vxi (market price - about 1 lakh) was simply unbeatable (given my preferences – car with decent space, low running cost, well spread service network, good road manners)

Why 1.3: I completely agree that 1.6 is a torque monster very few cars can compete on road, but following factors were instrumental in pushing decision in favour of 1.3l –
1 Vitamin M – Had a hard cap of 12 lakh
2 The fact that maximum usage will be in City – NCR
3 Heavy clutch in 1.6 variant (very subjective but for a person migrating from swift petrol, it could have been a big irritant for me)

Interiors and built: As has been said a million times before – I think this is the best Maruti I have seen till date (I would of course leave aside Kizashi). The fact that same car does the duty in Europe (now facelifted) is also a factor why this looks so upmarket.

Space: I believe S-Cross is probably one the most underrated car on Indian roads today. For that price MSIL is offering a 4.3 mtr car with probably the best interior, huge space, best in class road manners and Pan India service network. Very honestly, other than the external look and design I fail to understand why breeza owners would not look at S-Cross – Given the discounts, they retail at almost the same price.

Engine: Enough has been said about the 1.3 ltr ‘national’ engine elsewhere (in 90hp tune). I would say that in first 1000kms of ownership (including a 600 km highway run) I have never found the vehicle to be underpowered. It is not a monster like 1.6ltr, but suffices my requirements.

Average: After a 50-50 highway and city usage, I am getting an average of 21-22 kmpl. I am more than satisfied (considering I came from a petrol car that game average of 10-11 in city).

Best thing about the car: As has been said a million times before – Handling and road manners. Also the cabin is very well laid out and does feel premium.

Things that can be better: Tyres – JK simply don’t do any justice to otherwise a brilliant car.

I have got the first service done at home. Initially intended to replace engine oil as well (OEM specifies oil change only after an year/10k km). However I ditched the idea, will change it in second service (5k kms). Since the first service was just a check up, it was free of cost.

Will keep on updating the post as I accumulate more miles.
himanshu_2580 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 17:38   #7902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_2580 View Post
Hi,

I recently replaced my 12 year old red Swift Vxi with a S-Cross 1.3l Alpha and thought it was an apt time to start writing on team bhp as well. So, while there are already quite a few ownership reviews of S-Cross 1.3l, as a prospective buyer till a few days back, I understand that its always more the merrier!!
Hey, congratulations on the wonderful acquisition. Wish you unlimited safe & happy miles with the superb car (No pun!).

Quote:
To start with just a brief intro – I work with a start-up that does CRM systems for automobile dealers and OEM’s and is based of NCR region. Automobiles has always been a passion for me – products, the processes, technology, design themes etc and team bhp has been invaluable resource over the years (I have been following team bhp since ages, although this is my first post).
You'll be getting a lot of PMs, including mine shortly, asking for your contact details to send our CV to you for a job in your organization. .

Quote:
Interiors and built: As has been said a million times before – I think this is the best Maruti I have seen till date (I would of course leave aside Kizashi). The fact that same car does the duty in Europe (now facelifted) is also a factor why this looks so upmarket.
Not just the SCross, but the Swift, Ritz (Splash in the west), Celerio, Alto, WagonR...All available & seen regularly in the EU. Some made in the Hungary Mygyar Suzuki plant and some exported from here. Trust me, the quality of the other models is not different from the ones available here at all. SX4 SCross is an exception of sorts.

Quote:
Space: I believe S-Cross is probably one the most underrated car on Indian roads today. For that price MSIL is offering a 4.3 mtr car with probably the best interior, huge space, best in class road manners and Pan India service network. Very honestly, other than the external look and design I fail to understand why breeza owners would not look at S-Cross – Given the discounts, they retail at almost the same price.
The list of excellent but underrated / failed cars is quite a long one here... Previously, I also felt the same about people buying pseudo SUVs with lesser features at higher price compared to more capable "normal" cars.
But I understand the reason. Its the aspiration to have an "SUV" - the ultimate symbol of power on the road, the limited budget to get a real one that are decisive.
And also - in our conditions, a higher seating position with an airy cabin and a decent boot - actually are very useful. They make a lot of difference in day to day commutes. So the sales of pseudo SUVs are absolutely justified.

Quote:
Engine: Enough has been said about the 1.3 ltr ‘national’ engine elsewhere (in 90hp tune). I would say that in first 1000kms of ownership (including a 600 km highway run) I have never found the vehicle to be underpowered. It is not a monster like 1.6ltr, but suffices my requirements.
No offence - I drive the same engine in a 1 ton car. Coming from a petrol you'll certainly love the supreme torque of this engine. But trust me, spend some more time & you'll know that there can always be a need of more power. The engine does have its short-comings with turbo lag. A car with SCross' credentials needs a 1.6. The 1.3 does not do justice. One has to make it work unnecessarily harder to extract that last mile of high performance.

Quote:
Average: After a 50-50 highway and city usage, I am getting an average of 21-22 kmpl. I am more than satisfied (considering I came from a petrol car that game average of 10-11 in city).
Awesome numbers! Congrats.

Quote:
Things that can be better: Tyres – JK simply don’t do any justice to otherwise a brilliant car.
Maruti just enjoys doing this! . Its as if they give a pre-loaded "neembu-mirchi" for "nazar suraksha kawach" in the form of the JK Tyres...

Enjoy the new ride!

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th August 2017 at 17:40.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 17:43   #7903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
S-crossing a Jungle !!

Attachment 1664541
The mature front 'grill' makes all the difference; between a front-view that is almost always camouflaged and one that can be shown-off!

I wonder when Maruti's obsession with chrome will wear off!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 7th August 2017 at 17:45.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 19:05   #7904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
The mature front 'grill' makes all the difference; between a front-view that is almost always camouflaged and one that can be shown-off!
+1 to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I wonder when Maruti's obsession with chrome will wear off!
Ah come on CP!
Majority cars that come out from showroom in India, visit the "accessory store". "Bling" is one of the must-haves in the list that is agreed with that store manager. I'm waiting for the day when chrome under-body engine protection plate, chrome suspension bushes, chrome under-seat storage tray, chrome AC duct pipes are available...I'm sure these will also have customers. The chrome will never go...Perhaps chrome seat covers!!

Last edited by Reinhard : 7th August 2017 at 19:07.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 19:13   #7905
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I recently replaced my 12 year old red Swift Vxi with a S-Cross 1.3l Alpha and thought it was an apt time to start writing on team bhp as well.
Congratulations on your brilliant choice Man.

Quote:
To start with just a brief intro – I work with a start-up that does CRM systems for automobile dealers and OEM’s and is based of NCR region. Automobiles has always been a passion for me – products, the processes, technology, design themes etc and team bhp has been invaluable resource over the years
CRM systems that too for automobile companies.
Awesome Man !! Will Pm you regarding that ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks