Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 20:53   #7996
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I took Delivery of my 1.3 Scross on 29th Sept.Enjoying the ride. it does have the lag and i need to get used to it,this is my first diesel car. Current ODO at 890 kms will get the first service next weekend.

Some accessories that i got.

Got the full matting done on the first day.

OEM Carpet
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-cf.jpg

before cutting the Extra fabric
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-cf1.jpg

After cutting the extra fabric
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-cf3.jpg

Does look a bit crude,but after placing the seats, its hardly noticed.

Got the after market sill guards.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ds.jpg

Also got the Car Cover and looks like i paid more.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-car-cover.jpg
Paid 3.8 k for this, its waterproof and dust proof. an unknown brand called "lifelong". Not sure what i was thinking when i bought it

Have also got the Sun shades, dont have a pic , will post it later.
Also ordered Central Storage Pallet Armrest from Ali express https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...311.0.0.2lOQdK waiting for the delivery. Thank you govigov for the link.
zaveed is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 08:10   #7997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
On clarifying about the gasket seal, he said it would be mentioned in the final bill and would be covered under warranty so no additional charges there. Will make sure it is recorded though. Thanks! 👍🏻
Due to some unforeseen circumstances I couldn't take delivery of my car post service on Saturday so had to take it on Sunday. The engine oil of choice was 5W30 instead of the 0W40 that was being "recommended" and insisted upon. However, there were 2 charges in the bill under the "Demanded Repairs/Recommended Jobs" section that seemed dubious.

1. Brake Caliper Assy Opening - ₹787
2. Engine Oil Gasket Seal - ₹630

These came to be about ₹1700 after taxes. On enquiring, the advisor told me that #1 was charged for brakes cleaning & testing work, #2 because the gasket seal isn't covered under warranty which was earlier misreported.

#1 was removed after a little reasoning as the brake pads were in good condition (pictures), no replacements required or done. #2 was removed as a goodwill gesture because of the prior misinformation. However, that did remove the gasket re-sealing work to be omitted from the service record. I am somehow okay with it as I have a good rapport with the tech department people if any issue comes up in the future.

The total cost lf service has come to ₹6236 which is much lower than the 9k estimate. Alignment, wheel balancing and wheel rotation work is pending, will be done today itself at an expected max cost of ₹1200. Attaching the bill, inputs would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170910_184602.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pixlr_20170911080841486.jpg  

sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 08:37   #7998
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Attaching the bill, inputs would be appreciated.
Super cleaner and Super lubricant. These two are unheard-of items. Can be off the bill. Keep an eye on the items next time.

I don't know what they have used it for.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 09:51   #7999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
21 months and 26,000 km:

The left side steering controls suddenly stopped working. The service center guys seemed to know what the problem was right away. They turned the steering by 90 degrees and voila - they started working again. Basically they were working at all positions except the default ones.

Contact Coil was diagnosed as faulty and was replaced under warranty.
Close on the heels of this came another replacement. Last week on Monday, I parked my car in office in the afternoon. In the evening, I opened the car using the keyless entry, sat in the car and pressed the start button but there was no response. The car was absolutely dead. Waited for a few minutes and tried again but to no avail.

It was clear that the battery had drained. I immediately checked all headlights and internal lights to see if I left something on by mistake - Nothing.

Fortunately, a MASS is right next door and those guys reached within minutes in a Brezza. Tried to start the car using jump cables and it took a while before it started. This was not normal and an error flashed (pic attached).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross-error_edited.jpg

The car was taken to the service center where the battery was found to be faulty. One of the cells was smoking. It was decided that the battery would be replaced under warranty but it would happen in 24 hours best case. The faulty battery needs to be taken to Exide where it is checked. In case the battery is found to be faulty, an immediate replacement is issued.

In this case, there was no stock available so my car got the replacement on Wednesday evening. I was not in town so collected my car today morning.

I got a Ritz Zxi as a replacement car which was fast but smelly. I would have preferred a spare battery in my car but it was not available.

Overall good experience, except they could have washed the car while handing it over .

Last edited by Eddy : 11th September 2017 at 09:57.
Eddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 10:32   #8000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Close on the heels...Overall good experience, except they could have washed the car while handing it over .
Niggling things like these keeps me worried

Had it been like Tata or Mahindra, then, would've accepted, but not from Suzuki, especially one from Nexa stable.

My audio would stop playing erratically; once in less than 10 Km drive, then on a 120 Km drive with no specific pattern. And no, it wouldn't turn ON if we stopped & started the car immediately. Assuming an hour's break might play the songs/videos.

We did a recent 1645 Km drive & the audio system did just what it was supposed to do.

Things like this make me lose confidence on the car & makes me think if the age old Altos & WagonRs are more reliable than this
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 11:54   #8001
Senior - BHPian

Sunday Drive to Yelagiri with teambhpian (Lovetorque).

" For its size and mass, S-cross was simply brilliant on the uphill curves. Dynamics are spot on and keeps the driver confidence high in all conditions "

Sadly, our market hasn't acknowledged the offer by Maruti and mostly likely 1.6 shall be discontinued with the facelift coming in Sept'17 end.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170911-11.35.53.jpg

Last edited by kpzen : 11th September 2017 at 12:09.
kpzen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 13:28   #8002
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to my friend for sharing the details of 60K Km service of 1.6 S-Cross!!

The service was done at Nexa Exclusive service centre which has opened up recently. The owner is very impressed and said that the service centre was less crowded. I think the labour charges are higher. It was around 4000 Rs. This service centre is located just 2KM away from Maruti plant.

The service cost would have been lesser by 2K if 0W30 engine oil was used instead of fully synthetic Mobil 1 0W40.

Edit : The labour charges are same as regular Maruti service centre in Tier 1 cities. We need more Nexa exclusive service centres
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170911wa0029.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th September 2017 at 13:45.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 13:54   #8003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sunday Drive to Yelagiri with teambhpian (Lovetorque).

" For its size and mass, S-cross was simply brilliant on the uphill curves. Dynamics are spot on and keeps the driver confidence high in all conditions "

Sadly, our market hasn't acknowledged the offer by Maruti and mostly likely 1.6 shall be discontinued with the facelift coming in Sept'17 end.
Absolutely, one fantastic package at the price range, that is outstandingly shining in long straight highways and twists. Like to highlight that enjoyed every bit of driving!
Now having a confirmed update from the SA who went for training last weekend that 1.6 is not going to be there in the facelift. 1.3 with micro hybrid is the only version for facelift. What SA's were told that the 1.3 SHVS engine tuned for far better refinement and performance. I will keep my figures crossed till we really try a test drive. Another major feature is the LED projector headlamp with LED DRL, but reserved for Alpha variant only. Lower variants shall continue with halogen headlamps.
True automobile enthusiasts are going to miss the fantastic 1.6 DDiS, we are rare species now!

Last edited by lovetorque : 11th September 2017 at 13:59. Reason: spell
lovetorque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 18:05   #8004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Super cleaner and Super lubricant. These two are unheard-of items. I don't know what they have used it for.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg

These things are one of the oldest products in the MGA lineup.
Leoshashi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 18:27   #8005
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
These things are one of the oldest products in the MGA lineup.
Never seen them use any of those​ products here in Maruti cars we had till date. Hence clueless.

Thank you buddy for enlightening me.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 18:31   #8006
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Never seen them use any of those​ products here in Maruti cars we had till date. Hence clueless.

Thank you buddy for enlightening me.
Super cleaner is extensively used here as brake cleaner/for other jobs.

Super lubricant is mostly used as a WD40/Zorrick alternative. But its uncommon.
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 15:16   #8007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Some 2,200 kms away from Home in the state of Karnataka.

Attachment 1671388
What a beautiful landscape. Where was this taken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
What is the general feedback on Android work auto on S Cross?

Just wondering, if others are facing similar issues?
I updated to the newer firmware in my 2017 S Cross and even though Android Auto doesn't work there was a significant improvement in audio quality. It is also less laggy. Now I am in two minds whether to update to the newest firmware when it comes!
Old 13th September 2017, 21:26   #8008
BHPian

How do we open the boot from inside?
Old 13th September 2017, 21:34   #8009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
How do we open the boot from inside?
unlock the central locking and the boot will also unlock for people to open from outside.
Old 14th September 2017, 10:40   #8010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
We got it serviced from Popular Services Muvattupuzha (Kerala). According to our CRM from Popular, Jawan and Indus do NOT handle NEXA cars in Kerala.
I don't know what the situation was in 2016, though I am not sure I think now you can service Nexa cars in any of the Maruti Authorized service centres. Indus is listed in Nexa app, but couldn't find Jawan.

I have been giving my S-Cross at BRD Thrissur, but dad's Ignis was given for the 1st free service at Indus Thodupuzha.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks