Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2017, 12:29   #8026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Guys,

May you please suggest a good accessory shop/technician in and around HSR Layout; I need to get the wiring for my dashcam routed in a way to enable utilisation of the secondary socket in the boot; secondary socket is hitherto unused and i don't see the possibility to utilize the same in near future.
Alternatively, you can hardwire the dashcam, which is a much better solution. Guides available here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tallation.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...r-dashcam.html

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-one-more.html
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 13:32   #8027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Guys, have anyone of you had had the opportunity to remove the front bumper? I am looking at a guide on how to remove and where the screws and clips are in place to remove them safely without any breakage.
Yes, bumper was removed (of course without any damage to the bumpers) as part of fixing XP projector fog lamps.

Hint : Open the front wheel cladding, wheel/fender liner which will help to open the front bumper.

Detailed thread is here. : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...group-diy.html

Last edited by Keynote : 21st September 2017 at 13:43.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 14:01   #8028
BHPian

Quote:
Alternatively, you can hardwire the dashcam, which is a much better solution. Guides available here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tallation.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...r-dashcam.html

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-one-more.html
Thanks for the same. However, being a total novice coupled with lack of appropriate tools, i am skeptical to go ahead with DIY at this stage. Would be great if I get it done by a reputed accessory shop (in and around HSR), any recommendations?
Old 23rd September 2017, 15:07   #8029
Sip
BHPian

Had my 1.6 Zeta serviced today @ 20,000 Kms

Components of Service Bill:-

Labour - 980
MGD 0W30 5.3 Ltr - 2260
Element Air Cleaner - 710
Fuel Filter - 972
Oil Filter - 646
Cabin Air Filter - 305
Brake pads check/clng - 200
GSTs - 1656
Coolant / brake fluids - 734
Misc - 165
WB WA - 800 (due free coupons off-bill)

Total : 8628/-
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-bill.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-foto.jpeg  

Last edited by Sip : 23rd September 2017 at 15:18.
Sip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 13:54   #8030
BHPian

Did Delhi-Chail-Delhi over the weekend. As usual the car performed well, no complaints at all. 60 kms to go before the odo hits 45,000 kms.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-4da6ce46a1384f0e8d20a482a96305a3.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2951502d282d40e0b270a29634e572e3.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 19:37   #8031
Senior - BHPian

I have a weird issue with my s-cross. After activating the cruise control and cruising at a set speed, say 60 kmph, I have the need to slow down, for this, I apply the brake. The car slows down to say 50 kmph, after this I take the foot off the brake pedal, it goes back to 60 kmph. This is just NOT right. The cruise control should be disengaged as soon as I touch the brake pedal. To restart the cruise, I have to manually use the resume button. This is how I have been doing till now. It does disengage at the slightest tap on the clutch which is expected. The braking action is also weird as the engine wants to propel forward while the brake discs are trying to stop the car.

Surprisingly, I have never heard about this happening anywhere. The cruise control not disengaging is not a joke. So definitely, something is not right with my car. Need to get it looked at.

I would not be using the cruise control until I take it to the service station.
govigov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:36   #8032
BHPian

Quote:
I have a weird issue with my s-cross. After activating the cruise control and cruising at a set speed, say 60 kmph, I have the need to slow down, for this, I apply the brake. The car slows down to say 50 kmph, after this I take the foot off the brake pedal, it goes back to 60 kmph. This is just NOT right. The cruise control should be disengaged as soon as I touch the brake pedal. To restart the cruise, I have to manually use the resume button. This is how I have been doing till now. It does disengage at the slightest tap on the clutch which is expected. The braking action is also weird as the engine wants to propel forward while the brake discs are trying to stop the car.

Surprisingly, I have never heard about this happening anywhere. The cruise control not disengaging is not a joke. So definitely, something is not right with my car. Need to get it looked at.

There is definitely something wrong with the cruise control system in your car. Have your car inspected at MASS as soon as possible. A clutch or brake input should instantly disable the system. The only exception is accelerator input, where in you are allowed to temporarily increase speed, and once foot is taken off the A pedal, the speed should return to the set speed.

Last edited by djkher : 27th September 2017 at 20:47.
djkher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 20:42   #8033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

That's a very peculiar problem. Good thing that you're planning not to use cruise control till it's rectified. I've not faced anything like this in my Brezza. But I need to be wary of this. Even a slight tap on brakes disengages the cruise control so there is something definitely wrong with your car and it's not a small jssue. Please take your car to service center ASAP.
Old 28th September 2017, 22:41   #8034
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Did some research on the interweb and it turns out that Cruise Control not disengaging is actually a known issue. In this, the brake release switch was found as faulty. So, this means that the brake lights should also be faulty. I went to the car and tested them, turn out, my brake lights were not working. Thank god, I did not get rear ended. I thought that it might be faulty fuse and I looked at the manual for a possible fuse. I was not able to find such a fuse used for the brake lights. So, with no choice, I went to a service station and told them that the brake lights are not working. They looked around and told me that as suspected the brake release switch is faulty. Replaced inwarranty within 15 minutes and out I went. Now, the brake lights work, the Cruise Control disengages as expected.

So, if in future, if you find yourself in the same dilemma as me, please check your brake lights as well. If they are not working, then this switch is faulty.
govigov is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 22:45   #8035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, if in future, if you find yourself in the same dilemma as me, please check your brake lights as well. If they are not working, then this switch is faulty.
Many S-Cross 1.6 owners have got the brake switch replaced under warranty. But all them had CEL and error code on SDT pointed out to brake switch.
Old 1st October 2017, 14:18   #8036
BHPian

Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Ertiga, S-Cross and compact SUV Vitara Brezza, increased by 8 per cent to 19,900 units in September, from 18,423 units in the same month of 2016.

Source : http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...r-2402137.html
Old 1st October 2017, 22:39   #8037
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki launched the S-Cross facelift today with price range of Rs. 8.49 L to Rs.11.29 lacs. But Nexa website not yet updated.

Press Release : https://www.marutisuzuki.com/press-r...ober-2017.aspx
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:11   #8038
BHPian

I took delivery of my S-Cross 1.6 on 30th September from Sai Service, Lower Parel. Got the fuel filled from a trusted COCO pump in Bandra where I have been taking all my past cars. The dealer had filled 7 litres of diesel from a dirty container but the car did not throw up any error at that time.
Today afternoon, I started the car and was greeted with a 'Water In Fuel System' warning. Called the RM with whom I was coordinating and he said he will check and get back to me.
Please advise on the procedure to follow since the car is not even a week old!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-water-fuel-system.jpeg  

yash1229 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:24   #8039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
I took delivery of my S-Cross 1.6 on 30th September from Sai Service, Lower Parel.
Don't even turn the machine on, get it towed to their service station and get it checked. Looks like you might have to empty the diesel tank, do a clean up and then possibly check for further damage down the line.
Will not be surprised if they replace the fuel filter as well.

All the best mate...too good an engine to let it die so early.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:10   #8040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Don't even turn the machine on, get it towed to their service station and get it checked. Looks like you might have to empty the diesel tank, do a clean up and then possibly check for further damage down the line.
Will not be surprised if they replace the fuel filter as well.

All the best mate...too good an engine to let it die so early.
Thanks!
My RM helped me coordinate with a senior service guy in their brand-new NEXA workshop in Dadar, Mumbai. Spoke to him and he said that there won’t be an issue if I drive the car there from my house, which is ~10 kilometres away. Have been given an appointment of 5th October morning.
I’m also contemplating towing the car there with your advice, since it does seem like a serious issue. Will call the service guy and the NEXA helpline both, tomorrow.
Definitely did not expect this nightmare after purchasing a Maruti product!

Most Viewed