Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 09:13   #8056
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Along with Synthetic oil, at 20K and other regular replacements like Air Filter, there is periodic replacement for brake fluids, Coolant,Transmission oil, fuel filter and Cabin Air Filter. This itself adds up to around 3-4k easily along with taxes.

Not to forget that the periodic service for 20-40-60-80k and above would be easily around 2500-2700 in major cities.
So every 20k, we have to replace all these ? Then definitely expensive to maintain.
Old 11th October 2017, 09:21   #8057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So every 20k, we have to replace all these ? Then definitely expensive to maintain.
The Transmission oil interval used to be once every 20K that went to 40K 3 years back through a circular. Not sure if that is followed.

Rest of the items mentioned need replacement every 20K - Fuel filter, Coolant, Brake Fluid.

Not sure on "expensive to maintain" aspect because its a known fact that at times you get billed for all unwanted tasks which itself add upto 2-3k.
  • Brake cleaning is charged separately for front and rear
  • Brake caliper pins are greased even when you don't complain, and charged
  • Wheel Alignment and Balancing if not done at ASC will go as Remark - So better to get this done under warranty
  • Funnily, they don't charge labor for replacing coolant but charge for brake & clutch bleeding

Ideally, with Synthetic oil, 10K Service wont cross 6K and 20K wont cross 9-10k - While under warranty. In reality, Maruti Service is never cheap, indeed not.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 09:27   #8058
BANNED

Quote:
Here are the labour charges for the services done:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20170629wa0044.jpg

Definitely on the higher side.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 10:00   #8059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Brake cleaning is charged separately for front and rear[*]Brake caliper pins are greased even when you don't complain, and charged[*]Wheel Alignment and Balancing if not done at ASC will go as Remark - So better to get this done under warranty

The concept of service is a bulk charge for bulk/set of activities to be done. These guys go in a tangential direction.

When I hear/ read of such things, I am thankful to the team that supports me @ TASS. They ask before doing things, they review history and then take call on what's to be done. They discuss, and update me if they find anything.
Eg: Coolant was replaced recently during one work. I didn't remember this point. My 60k service includes coolant replacement. My SA looked at the history and guided me correctly.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 10:03   #8060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Transmission oil interval used to be once every 20K that went to 40K 3 years back through a circular. Not sure if that is followed.
Transmission oil change interval is 1.6 lakhs km / 10 years in S-Cross.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 10:46   #8061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The concept of service is a bulk charge for bulk/set of activities to be done. These guys go in a tangential direction.
The classic question we all have - What do you do when you charge us 2500 for a Paid Service. The only laborious (worth 200 Bucks) activity we see is loosening of drain nut and draining the oil and replacing the Oil Filter. Fuel filter replacement again something that I may pay 200 again and get it replaced outside. These days most of the MASS dont wash your car also due to the NGT ruling.

Quote:
When I hear/ read of such things, I am thankful to the team that supports me @ TASS. They ask before doing things, they review history and then take call on what's to be done. They discuss, and update me if they find anything.
This is religiously followed too but then what they don't inform are silly tasks like brake cleaning and all that. If they charge separately for that, again the question of where my money was spent in the name of service!

Quote:
Coolant was replaced recently during one work. I didn't remember this point. My 60k service includes coolant replacement. My SA looked at the history and guided me correctly.
As I said, they do this quite professionally here as well. First thing they check right in front of you is History and then only they enter various items in the estimate (Job card).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Transmission oil change interval is 1.6 lakhs km / 10 years in S-Cross.
Thanks Naren. Hence I mentioned I wasn't sure on the replacement intervals for S-Cross. But since you mention this for 1.6, does that mean 1.3 will have to follow the same intervals as other DDiS counterparts?
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 10:51   #8062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naren. Hence I mentioned I wasn't sure on the replacement intervals for S-Cross. But since you mention this for 1.6, does that mean 1.3 will have to follow the same intervals as other DDiS counterparts?
It is for both 1.3 and 1.6 S-Cross. I think all new Maruti cars have this 1.6 lakhs km / 10 years interval for gear oil change. Also 6MT in 1.6 needs little lesser gear oil than 5MT in 1.3
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 17:28   #8063
BHPian

The great thing about Maruti Suzuki service is the personal touch that the servicemen have. In my years of owning a Maruti vehicle (mostly serviced at Suraksha), I just pickup the phone and call the service manager. Service costs are higher but worth the personal touch

Recently booked a Hyundai car with delivery on Friday and they have not bothered to call me to ask me the time of delivery. We can only imagine the service levels. So I think if Maruti charges a premium on service, it is well deserved as they are the best in the market on service and also provide the best personalized experience
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 18:05   #8064
BHPian

From my 10 years of owning Swift, Maruti Service is really expensive.
Rs. 2600 for a service + ~200 Rs for consumeables (!) + Brakepad cleaning/greasing ~400 Rs + tax of 18% makes around 4000Rs. fixed without any other replacements
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 18:42   #8065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
From my 10 years of owning Swift, Maruti Service is really expensive.
Rs. 2600 for a service + ~200 Rs for consumeables (!) + Brakepad cleaning/greasing ~400 Rs + tax of 18% makes around 4000Rs. fixed without any other replacements
Thanks. My question should probably go to a separate thread (Moderators: Please let me know if that is the case)

See that you own a Maruti Swift and Ford Figo. Assuming both are of the same fuel type, can you post a comparison of the pros and cons that you saw including the personalization/feel good/peace of mind factors?
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:39   #8066
Senior - BHPian

Does any owner get any feedback call from Maruti? I am not referring to dealer/service center feedback call.

I feel that Maruti should be calling its customers regularly, especially after service and even more for Nexa, the so-called premium program. I owned a Tata Vista for 75K KMs and I used to get a call after every service which was a good thing.

In all my 3 services so far, what I observed is the service center tries to push some unnecessary stuff down your throat. After last service, they had directly fixed door guards on all 4 doors, which I had not asked for. This time, they replaced the tyre valve caps with some 'premium' metal caps. Even though the cost is not much it was still uncalled for. I have told the service center manager this time that if they try to sell some unwanted stuff, I will escalate it with Maruti-Nexa.
Old 12th October 2017, 12:04   #8067
Team-BHP Support

I always get a call from the dealer and they request that I give a good feedback about them when Maruti calls. But Maruti has never called in the two years that I have owned the S cross.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 12:06   #8068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Does any owner get any feedback call from Maruti? I am not referring to dealer/service center feedback call.
I have owned Maruti cars since many years and used to always get feedback calls. I have noticed that since last few months there are no calls, but I always get email / SMS from Maruti to fill the online feedback form.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20171012_120738.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 12th October 2017 at 12:08.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:35   #8069
BHPian

Quote:
  • Brake cleaning is charged separately for front and rear
  • Brake caliper pins are greased even when you don't complain, and charged
Hi Paraag Sir, as always thanks for your valuable inputs in the forum. Just did the 20K service today and was pleasantly surprised as I was NOT charged anything extra (separately for any specific work be it caliper pin greasing or brake pad cleaning) other than the labor charge for the overall service. Full details here along with the bill http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4286343

Last edited by Keynote : 12th October 2017 at 19:43.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:56   #8070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Just did the 20K service today and was pleasantly surprised as I was NOT charged anything extra (separately for any specific work be it caliper pin greasing or brake pad cleaning)....
Wonderful Keynote! The bill is crystal clear with no extra and unwanted labor items.

And see what happened here today, despite of condor making sure that none of the brake tasks were performed:

Quote:
Voted yes.

A routine Oil change service for a petrol A-Star goes for 4500. Oil + service charges is ok. Then they put in their favorite charges about brakes ( front & rear ). This does not even include new air filter.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed