Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 16:14   #8116
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Do we get the S-Cross roof-rail and centre arm-rest as accessories for the basic model?
Vip.
Old 30th October 2017, 19:58   #8117
BHPian

Hi guys

I was looking for a car charger for my S-Cross. I was not inclined to buy a regular car charger from Amazon or Flipkart as I thought it might create issues with the car circuitry (in fact, I read some where in these forums that some body had an issue with an after market car charger).

So I went to my MS dealer and asked him to show MS accessories. They showed me a Tom Tom car charger which was labelled as a Maruti Genuine Accessory with a price tag of INR 1490/- It looks like this, except that there is no USB port labelled as 'Fast Charge'. However, I was disappointed to find that it does not support TurboCharging (I have a Moto G4 Plus) although it will still charge faster than charging the phone from a normal computer USB port. Atleast, this is what I inferred from the voltage and Amp specifications.

So has anybody tried this accessory from Maruti? How is the charging? Are there car chargers available in the market which support turbo charging?
TheGoodest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 20:53   #8118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Hi guys

I was looking for a car charger for my S-Cross. I was not inclined to buy a regular car charger from Amazon or Flipkart as I thought it might create issues with the car circuitry (in fact, I read some where in these forums that some body had an issue with an after market car charger).

So I went to my MS dealer and asked him to show MS accessories. They showed me a Tom Tom car charger which was labelled as a Maruti Genuine Accessory with a price tag of INR 1490/- It looks like this, except that there is no USB port labelled as 'Fast Charge'. However, I was disappointed to find that it does not support TurboCharging (I have a Moto G4 Plus) although it will still charge faster than charging the phone from a normal computer USB port. Atleast, this is what I inferred from the voltage and Amp specifications.

So has anybody tried this accessory from Maruti? How is the charging? Are there car chargers available in the market which support turbo charging?
I do not have an experience with the Maruti accessory. I recently bought this car charger from amazon and have been very happy with its performance, it does charge quickly. I used to have a Moto X Style and it worked pretty well. See if the specifications suit your needs.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 21:29   #8119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Can you please post more details about the engine wiring harness issue and resolution ? Also, the cost breakup of the 40k service if possible.

At your mileage, I am guessing the JK replacement is not far off so that should take care of one of the negatives of the car.
The problem:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4194849

I have updated this thread on the issue, you can find my posts between page 490 and 494.

To Sumarize:
  • 8th May: RPM started falling in the middle of peak hour traffic near Ghazipur, Delhi. Safely moved to side of the road and parked the car. Called up RSA and told them about the issue. Flatbed was dispatched and the car was taken to TR Sawhney Mayapuri where I used to get the car service till 20k kms.

• 9th May: Problem isolated to the wiring harness, this was the 2nd S-Cross visiting the SC with the same issue.

• 11th May: Got the car back home, SC replaced the wiring harness of my car with the wiring harness of a demo car. This was done so that I can use the car till the new harness arrives.

• 17th May: Got the new wiring harness installed. Cost of a new wiring harness is 7,004/- excluding labor.

The 40K service bill is attached in the following post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4270930

The JKs seems to be ever lasting, looking at the tread I think they are good for another 30K kms.

Quote:
So has anybody tried this accessory from Maruti? How is the charging?
Using it from Day 1 of ownership, no complaints at all. My iPhone 6S charges to 100% in about 45 mins to 1 hour when I use the fast charge USB port.

Last edited by sinharishi : 30th October 2017 at 21:37.
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 22:42   #8120
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys

I was looking for a car charger for my S-Cross. I was not inclined to buy a regular car charger from Amazon or Flipkart as I thought it might create issues with the car circuitry...So has anybody tried this accessory from Maruti? How is the charging? Are there car chargers available in the market which support turbo charging?
Please purchase an original Samsung charger from Amazon/FlipKart, though it is expensive (around Rs. 1,500), the quality is so good, it's worth every Rupee!
Old 31st October 2017, 09:22   #8121
BHPian

Quote:
... Maruti Genuine Accessory with a price tag of INR 1490/- It looks like this, except that there is no USB port labelled as 'Fast Charge'. However, I was disappointed to find that it does not support TurboCharging (I have a Moto G4 Plus) although it will still charge faster than charging the phone from a normal computer USB port. Atleast, this is what I inferred from the voltage and Amp specifications.

I have been using that charger since the beginning. Got it as a freebie from the dealer. There is no USB port labelled as "fast charge" but one of the USB ports is Red in colour. That is the fast charging port. Just invest in a good cable. A bad cable will lead you to believe your charger to be faulty. But at INR 1490, it is expensive. I probably would not have bought it if I were paying the money myself. But the quality is really good and it has lasted me for more than 20,000 kms worth of long drives.
srinitdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 19:47   #8122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I do not have an experience with the Maruti accessory. I recently bought this car charger from amazon and have been very happy with its performance, it does charge quickly. I used to have a Moto X Style and it worked pretty well. See if the specifications suit your needs.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you tried this in your S-Cross? How many months have you been using it?
Old 1st November 2017, 10:19   #8123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried this in your S-Cross? How many months have you been using it?
Yes it is doing duty currently on my S-Cross. Been 4 months so far and it has been working fine.
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:14   #8124
BANNED

Maruti can just have a look at this thread and understand how the whole enthusiasm in this thread has died down since the 1.6 DDiS is discontinued, even though they may be able to sell more new 1.3L S-Cross per month. The enthusiasts who keep the forums active, are moving towards Compass now, IMO.
romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 17:16   #8125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
They were not accepting my request to redeem the points in MyNexa card saying it is not possible to redeem points against purchase of insurance.
Just now I called them and they said it is under processing and once they get approval, they will inform me.
On Saturday - 28th Oct morning, I got a call from the BRD card world insurance department and the lady who called asked me to give a missed call to some number so that Maruti Insurance people would call me for policy verification. I had done so and got a call after sometime and at the end of the call, I was told the insurance is issued and policy certificate will be given to me by the dealer. Later the same lady from BRD called me and said my policy premium is Rs. 20300 and since I am redeeming the points they are not giving me any discount. So they will deduct whatever cash is there in MyNEXA card from 20300. If I am not redeeming the points, they would give me the policy for Rs. 19500 and they would add the reward poits for the amount in the card and they were advising me to redeem the points when I give the car for next service.

I was not ready to accept the offer, and I asked them to return the Rs. 19500 (which I paid for the policy renewal) and the MyNEXA card. I emailed a complaint to NEXA, Maruti and Maruti Insurance mentioning the entire episodes.

On 30th, they returned the amount and the MyNEXA card. I called the Oriental Insurance agent and re-confirmed about the availability of cash-less claims in Maruti Dealer service network in Kerala. I got the confirmation as an email from the Oriental Insurance office. Paid Rs. 14790 for the renewal with Nil Depreciations and Return to Invoice add-ons (IDV 8.6 L) and they emailed me the policy certificate within an hour.

The story has not ended. The same day evening, I got call from the BRD staff again. She said they got an email from Maruti instructing them to issue me the policy for Rs. 19500. She also said I could redeem the points and pay the balance amount as cash. I said I already renewed the policy. The next day the Asst. Manager of the BRD Insurance dept. called me. She said everything is through and if they press the submit button, the policy will be issued and they will get the certificate delivered to me within 30 minutes. I told I have had enough of their service and I cannot do anything since I already purchased the policy. Later they called again and asked if I could cancel the Oriental insurance and purchase Maruti Insurance. And she was again explaining the benefits of Maruti Insurance. I had given her a piece of my mind and disconnected the call.

Nexa charged Rs. 1180 for the MyNEXA card and it has given me only headaches. Bought an Ignis in July and had to make 3 complaints to Nexa and countless number of calls and run behind Nexa people for 3 months to get the referral points added to the card.
Had told them not to issue another MyNexa card with the Ignis while booking the car. Unfortunately I forgot to tell it while making the payment and they billed MyNexa card with Ignis. When I asked to remove that, they were pleading and asking to help them saying the amount will be collected from the RM if I do not pay. I had given in and agreed to pay the amount, but the MyNexa card (of Ignis) is yet to reach me.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 2nd November 2017 at 17:25.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 18:45   #8126
Distinguished - BHPian

I have some news which would be helpful for many S-Cross 1.6 owners. Engine and transmission parts are imported and they cost a bomb. Maruti has now introduced EW up to 5 th year / 1 lakh km. I believe most of them would have already opted for EW till 4th year. We can upgrade to 5th year plan by paying around 13,500 Rs. This is applicable for S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. The price for Zeta and Delta would be little lower. It would be wise decision to get 1 more year of warranty, provided you don't run more than 1 lakh km in 4 years.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-warranty.html (Maruti-Suzuki introduces 5 years / 100,000 km extended warranty!)

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd November 2017 at 18:46.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:08   #8127
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday night :
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20171102_220922.jpg

What did we do?

I have driven more than 27k kms in my S-Cross 1.6. The last 11k kms was lot of fun, thanks to Wolf remap. I am actually impressed with the engine, zero issues even with me being not so kind .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:20   #8128
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
[b]
I have driven more than 27k kms in my S-Cross 1.6. The last 11k kms was lot of fun, thanks to Wolf remap. I am actually impressed with the engine, zero issues even with me being not so kind .
Yea thanks buddy! I think you have really tested this car and got under the skin of 1.6 engine in real terms. What a launch and 0-100 timing vis-à-vis stock! I am with stock settings and this car is real thrill with very drive even after driving 22k kms. Can't imagine the 'wolfed' experience. I wish i could drive your car!

Engine have remarkable capacity to perform and stress tolerance (courtesy Dr.Naren).

Experience so far so good

Last edited by Sip : 3rd November 2017 at 19:43.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:37   #8129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
What a launch and 0-100 timing vis-à-vis stock!
Credits to Continental MC5 tyres. They are much better than Elanzo and zero drama. Stock tyres used to cry and even wheel spin when I shift from 1st to 2nd gear. The car is almost ~2.5 seconds faster to 100 kmph than stock.

Quote:
I am with stock settings and this car is real thrill with very drive even after driving 22k kms.
It definitely is, even in stock form.

Quote:
Can't imagine the 'wolfed' experience. I wish i could drive your car!
I will help you to imagine . Good difference in low end, mental mid range and good punch even in top end.

Quote:
Engine have remarkable capacity to perform and stress tolerance.(courtesy Dr.Naren).

I do agree that I have not babied the car. I have forgotten the number of 0-100 runs I have done (definitely 50 plus). The clutch is still good like day 1. I take care of only 2 things : routine service and no WOT in higher gears for long duration to keep the EGT in check.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd November 2017 at 19:44.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 19:35   #8130
BHPian

A charming teenager crossed 40K mileage / 27 months. Resting after a Bangalore - Thrissur drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20171105_094531.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks