Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 06:42   #8401
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Got the HSRP plates this week.

Time to head out for a relaxing weekend trip. Going to digha with family and the S-Cross.

The car will go for its first service next week. It has run around 750KM, will be at least 1100+ by the time we return.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180317_06293501.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180317_06325501.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20180317061946.jpg  

ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 15:42   #8402
BHPian

First outstation trip with the S-Cross completed. Drove down to Digha on Saturday, and back today, covered 370km.

Half a tankful of fuel, nearly 400km, 6 tollbooths and 9 hours of drive later, this car is just a gem. I've bonded closer with the S-Cross in just 1000km, than I ever had with our last Ertiga.

Everyone is praises about the ride quality and comfort, it handles well at 3 digit speeds, and even on the 1.3, it has no problem cruising at high speed.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180317_094602.jpg
Yours Truly

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180317_125945.jpg
Safely tucked away in Hotel Parking

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pano_20180317_174455.jpg
Pristine Blues

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180317_141625.jpg
No trips are complete without good food

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180317_211254.jpg
Enjoying the beautiful sea breeze

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180318_112930.jpg
Picture stop along with refreshing coconuts

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180318_152403.jpg
Back home, 1111km on the odo

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2018 at 18:04. Reason: As per our rules, no mention of illegally high speeds on the forum please
ts1506 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 11:09   #8403
BHPian

Hi folks

Going to buy my S-Cross Zeta today. However, I am confused about which colour to buy. My dealer has two colours with him White and Premium Silver.

Would appreciate any data as to which one sells more and if there are any maintenance issues with any of these colours at a later date.

Would appreciate a quick response.

Regards
Old 19th March 2018, 13:14   #8404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Would appreciate any data as to which one sells more and if there are any maintenance issues with any of these colours at a later date.
I had taken a test drive of new S-Cross last week. According to the RM, white and nexa blue are the most selling colours. As per his opinion, waiting period for those colours are also high. Those are the colours I have seen most on the roads here too. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ampere : 29th March 2018 at 08:33. Reason: Formatted quoted post
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 19:31   #8405
BHPian

My Mile Muncher crossed 66,666 kms today.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ofrq0369.jpg
sinharishi is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 14:31   #8406
BHPian

Hi folks, I'd like to add a rear charging port to my S-Cross, Delta. I notice that there is a provision to install one, next to the boot lamp. Does MGA have a genuine part, or do I have to look at aftermarket options? I'm guessing there should be one available within the MGA accessory list itself, coz, I retro-fitted the MGA fog-lamps onto my car. I've asked for the same with the neighborhood A.S.S. I tried searching on the forums, however, I got some links on a DIY on a fellow bhp-ian's Ertiga, but, nothing on the Cross. Any help is appreciated, please.
Old 22nd March 2018, 15:57   #8407
BHPian

The MyNexa Card just arrived today, almost a month after car delivery. Not really sure how to check points or use it in service centers.

Does the NEXA app from Google Play Store even work ? For me, it just says Invalid VIN when trying to register with VIN/Regn No. I registered on their web page, and for that account, the My Car and My Bookings tab do not open. Just a loading symbol appears and nothing. The RM is clueless.

I'm sure the car details are properly uploaded on Maruti's system, as I can access the car details and service history on the Maruti Care application just fine.

On another note, the first service was a pleasant shock/surprise. I took the car to the same workshop we used for our Ertiga (Auto Hi-Tech for Kolkata folks), and apparently its the first "new" S-Cross they have seen. Quite surprising since its one of the larger workshops/dealers here. The car gathered quite a following, people looking around, both customers and workshop guys. Service was quick, had booked an appointment 2-3 hours earlier, was in and out within an hour. In contrast, our i20's first service took over 6 hours due to sheer number of cars.

Last edited by ts1506 : 22nd March 2018 at 16:04.
Old 22nd March 2018, 17:21   #8408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
Does the NEXA app from Google Play Store even work ? For me, it just says Invalid VIN when trying to register with VIN/Regn No. I registered on their web page, and for that account, the My Car and My Bookings tab do not open. Just a loading symbol appears and nothing. The RM is clueless.
App works but My bookings has not worked for me ever, it just shows the loading symbol and then vanishes. MY Car tab works though. Uninstall/reinstall the app or clear cache of the app and see if that helps.

Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 12:53   #8409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Wiper update: Changed my wipers to Bosch Clear Advantage. I went in for 26"/14" as opposed to 26"/12 or 13" . The smaller wiper now has a larger swept area because of the larger size and fits well. A comparison with a smaller wiper is also provided.

First opinions : The older / stock wiper that came from factory had developed a small kinks in the rubber that left visible streak in front of the drivers view. No amount of cleaning on the wiper helped.

The larger swept area of the smaller wiper means that the small triangular area with the dirt accumulation in between the wipers are no longer there.
Can you please advise from where you got the 14" Clear Advantage blade since on Bosch's official website and brochures available with dealers, 14" size is not available and only 13" is available.

On a side note can anyone advise on performance of Hella Curvo / Hella European / 3M (Non standard 24"-16")
Old 28th March 2018, 15:03   #8410
Senior - BHPian

Right outside our office is a Bosch authorised reseller/workshop. Few of my office mates told me that they were able to change their wiper blades there. So one day on the way to work stopped by that place and picked up the wiper blades. They stock a huge amount Bosch inventory in their place. Look for an authorised Bosch seller at your location.
Old 28th March 2018, 15:33   #8411
BHPian

Thanks for your response, however i have spoken to dealers in Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Jalandhar and all of them have confirmed that only 13 inchers are available.
Old 28th March 2018, 21:38   #8412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
Hi folks, I'd like to add a rear charging port to my S-Cross, Delta. I notice that there is a provision to install one, next to the boot lamp. Does MGA have a genuine part, or do I have to look at aftermarket options? I'm guessing there should be one available within the MGA accessory list itself, coz, I retro-fitted the MGA fog-lamps onto my car. I've asked for the same with the neighborhood A.S.S. I tried searching on the forums, however, I got some links on a DIY on a fellow bhp-ian's Ertiga, but, nothing on the Cross. Any help is appreciated, please.
The Alpha model comes with a charging port next to the boot lamp. So it should be possible to get the same done for Delta variant. I don't know the part number. Could be easier to drop in the showroom and show the part from a alpha variant to the service center.
Old 28th March 2018, 22:41   #8413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Thanks for your response, however i have spoken to dealers in Chandigarh, Ludhiana and Jalandhar and all of them have confirmed that only 13 inchers are available.

Do you want me to check here locally? Let me check in any case and see if they have it in stock.

In other news, the high beams of my car, both left and right refused to work yesterday. I traced it to a fuse issue in the relay kit. I did a reseat of the fuse and it was OK. The issue resurfaced today. Then it went away on its own next time I started the car. This is how the fuse is looking at the moment. Should I change the relay kit or just the fuse? I am not sure on how a fuse could end up like this. There are deep cuts/marks on one side of one of the legs. Should I be worried?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180327_165138.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180327_165208.jpg

Last edited by govigov : 28th March 2018 at 22:43.
Old 28th March 2018, 23:19   #8414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
The Alpha model comes with a charging port next to the boot lamp. So it should be possible to get the same done for Delta variant. I don't know the part number. Could be easier to drop in the showroom and show the part from a alpha variant to the service center.
Thanks. Yes, that's what I've asked for the SA to do. We just need the right part no. as a couple of the ones he had were not the right ones.

Last edited by rajaghuru : 28th March 2018 at 23:20.
Old 29th March 2018, 04:57   #8415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Do you want me to check here locally? Let me check in any case and see if they have it in stock.
It appears like the fuse "terminal" is burning out sparks generated due to loose electrical connections!
Fixing the same may work; and as of now nothing needs to be worried upon as it appears.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2018 at 22:21. Reason: Poor language & grammar
smuniswami is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed