Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2018, 17:16   #8431
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Has any faced the issue of number's getting displayed twice? If i check on the phone for a particular contact there is only 1 mobile number, but when i want to dial this contact and pull up the mobile number from the touch screen, the same number is displayed twice and this is not specific to one contact, this is happening for all contacts.
This I have experienced prior to the android auto update. I have not seen this since. From what I have observed it picks up whatsapp contacts as separate list and duplicates it.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 17:12   #8432
Distinguished - BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of my good friend Sheikh Ershad from Kochi. He is a proud owner of 2 S-Cross 1.6 . He had bought a new Delta 1.6 2 years back and pre-worshipped S-Cross 1.6 Alpha entered his garage recently. It was 2016 model with hardly 19k km on ODO. He got it for a steal, 8.25 lakhs .

Both the S-Cross 1.6 in his garage are running with remap from Wolf Moto. Many S-Cross owners have observed difference in 2015 and 2016 models. 2015 models had hard clutch, notchy gearshifts and better performance. Yes, the 2015 cars were revving more faster. I suspect change in gear ratio as Speed vs RPM are different.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180409_171651.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20180409wa0030.jpg
I am quoting Mr. Sheikh's lines after driving both the cars.

Quote:
I’m posting a short review after driving the 2016 Alpha for 3k km for a month, while my delta 2015 has clocked ~48k. This review is purely personal and others may have a different opinion.

About the Alpha - It does have that premium feel, like it’s well put together. Leather steering and leather seats, cruise control, auto HL & climate control complement well along with the touchscreen HU.

Cruise control helped me to relax behind the wheel. Loved to use it even for 2 lane traffic. Would set the speed depending on the road conditions. Say 70kmph and played with the res and cancel buttons. The car would climb back to 70 without much effort in 4th gear.

Seat height adjust helped to get over the slightly less hard clutch (compared to 2015) as my leg position was higher. This was further complimented with better low end of the wolf.

Another point noticed is that it smoked a bit less than my 2015, Engine also felt a bit more refined. Assuming both wolf maps are the same, there is a slight wheel spin in 1st gear (70% thread left in jks). But eager to sprint linearly.

I used CarPlay and found it really helpful to make calls without having to use the phone. Too bad it’s missing the maps - google / Waze. (I know Android Auto is better). Bigger screen for reverse gear is really helpful. But my hands always went out to grab the volume knobs (muscle memory) which was so much easier and less of a fumble.

Gearbox seemed to be less tighter and steering also felt to be lighter in 2016.

Lighting need a huge upgrade. Putting aside the illumination part. I did like the throw of projectors in low beam. High beam is a joke. Could have had a bit more spread in the centre region. If I compare with my setup in delta its a difference of day and night .

After completing the last leg of journey ~615 kms. Came back to my delta for night drive from Thrissur to Ernakulam.

The first impression after spending so much time with 2016 is that my delta felt raw and mechanical. The steering contour reminded me of sitting inside an old 800 or zen. Hard clutch, tighter steering and gearbox. Even half clutch was a bit painful. Was really thinking to swap back to alpha at this point.

Took it out on the highway and the way it pulls it’s just lovely . I literally forgot everything I felt I had to ‘giveup’ about the alpha. Made a decent mileage of 16.9 and enjoyed every bit of it. With a new pair of jks in front still wheel spins in 2nd gear.

To put a summary -

2016 Alpha is a premium package. Gives you the comfort in driver’s seat.

2015 Delta gives you the fun factor in driver’s seat.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20180409wa0035.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 9th April 2018 at 17:19.
Dr.Naren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 18:44   #8433
Senior - BHPian

This happened to my S-Cross a few weeks ago.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180323_085600.jpg

I called up Nexa customer care and the engineer reached me in exactly 7 minutes from the moment I hung up the Nexa call. Brilliant service !

He came, he saw, he jump started the car and done. He told me that the warning will disappear by next day and it did. He asked me whether the AC + music were running with engine off. But that was not the case. So not sure, why this happened. The only thing I can think of was the hazard/parking lights were blinking for about 10-12 minutes. But, that is what the purpose of those lights is, IMO.

Anything to worry about? Should I get the battery checked?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 18:58   #8434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Anything to worry about? Should I get the battery checked?
I faced the same issue just before completing two years on my S-Cross. The battery was replaced under warranty.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4267399 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 15:46   #8435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I faced the same issue just before completing two years on my S-Cross. The battery was replaced under warranty.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4267399 (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)
Sadly and surprisingly, battery is not covered in extended warranty. I have to pay from my pocket to replace the battery. New battery costs 7400/-.

I did not want to take any chances since I have one road trip coming up soon and I did not want to get stuck on the middle of some highway.

In comparison, my 4 lakh Rs Tata Vista battery lasted for 64000 KMs. Hope this battery goes the distance, otherwise, I might lose faith in the king of passenger vehicles and A.S.S., Maruti.

From the Nexa website:
3. List of Components not covered:
This is limited list of items not covered:-

Normal maintenance service required, including without limitation, oil and fluid changes headlight aiming, fastener retightening, wheel balancing, wheel alignment and tyre rotation, cleaning of injectors, ignition timing, clutch and valve clearance.The replacement of normal wear parts, including without limitation, bulbs, headlamp assy including projector headlamp / tail lamp / fog lamp assembly, battery, tyres, tubes, spark...

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 12th April 2018 at 15:49.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 16:02   #8436
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Sadly and surprisingly, battery is not covered in extended warranty. I have to pay from my pocket to replace the battery. New battery costs 7400/-.
.[/i]
Are you buying the battery from MASS? Why not buy a better brand elsewhere if it is not being covered in warranty?
Old 12th April 2018, 16:21   #8437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

From the Nexa website:
3. List of Components not covered:
This is limited list of items not covered:-

Normal maintenance service required, including without limitation, oil and fluid changes headlight aiming, fastener retightening, wheel balancing, wheel alignment and tyre rotation, cleaning of injectors, ignition timing, clutch and valve clearance.The replacement of normal wear parts, including without limitation, bulbs, headlamp assy including projector headlamp / tail lamp / fog lamp assembly, battery, tyres, tubes, spark...
For doorstep battery delivery one can visit http://www.batterybhai.com/, they have good reviews. I would go for Amaron eyes closed, best in business.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 16:35   #8438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sadly and surprisingly, battery is not covered in extended warranty.
Thought as much.
Quote:
Hope this battery goes the distance, otherwise, I might lose faith in the king of passenger vehicles and A.S.S., Maruti.
Why are you buying from MASS ? You will get cheaper and better batteries outside. Look at the Amaron range with a 3 year replacement warranty + 1-2 years of prorata warranty and you should be good to go.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 16:43   #8439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
New battery costs 7400/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
For doorstep battery delivery one can visit http://www.batterybhai.com/, they have good reviews. I would go for Amaron eyes closed, best in business.

I am fan of these portals - Whether batterybhai or www.carbatteryexpert.com because I replaced the batteries for my Ertiga (Nearing 4th year) and WagonR (After the 2nd one served for 7 years!!) via carbatteryexpert because they quoted me the lowest price both the times and same day service.

Ajay, give it a try if you have already not bought one from a shop nearly.

Here's what you have for S-Cross 1.3 for Pune and it does look cheaper than what you were quoted for Amaron, something I picked for the 3rd time now.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 13:37   #8440
BHPian

Finally my new 1.3 Zeta has crossed 2,000 KMs mark in 22 days. This involved a 700 KM trip. I have been concerned with the mileage part. Till now I have got an average mileage of 17 KMPL which is think is way less than expected. Mine is 80% highway ride at controlled speed. The AC is always on at 23-24 degrees.

Will the average increase once I cross a certain threshold or this is the norm?
Old 13th April 2018, 14:57   #8441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Till now I have got an average mileage of 17 KMPL which is think is way less than expected. Mine is 80% highway ride at controlled speed. The AC is always on at 23-24 degrees.
May be a naive question but have you reset the Average FE during each tankful? If not, then whatever Average FE displayed (17) would be cumulative from the last reset (or 2000 kms) and and to improve this even by 0.5 KMPL you need to drive very carefully and sedately for the next 50 kms and so on!

I am not sure how it is with S-Cross, in terms of the Average FE and the resetting but my general practice is that I reset the trip and Average FE during each tankful.
Old 13th April 2018, 15:00   #8442
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my new 1.3 Zeta has crossed 2,000 KMs mark in 22 days. This involved a 700 KM trip. I have been concerned with the mileage part. Till now I have got an average mileage of 17 KMPL which is think is way less than expected. Mine is 80% highway ride at controlled speed. The AC is always on at 23-24 degrees.

Will the average increase once I cross a certain threshold or this is the norm?
This is common for any new car not just S-Cross. This is the run in period and the mileage figures should be taken with a pinch of salt. Let the engine and components bed in and settle down. This thread will help you in this process.
Old 13th April 2018, 15:10   #8443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
May be a naive question but have you reset the Average FE during each tankful? If not, then whatever Average FE displayed (17) would be cumulative from the last reset (or 2000 kms) and and to improve this even by 0.5 KMPL you need to drive very carefully and sedately for the next 50 kms and so on!

I am not sure how it is with S-Cross, in terms of the Average FE and the resetting but my general practice is that I reset the trip and Average FE during each tankful.
The average FE shows an economy of mere 16.5 KMPL. I have calculated this myself from Tank Empty to Tank Ful refuelling. Calculated thrice during each tank full and the mileage doesn't cross 17.4 KMPL. Yetserday when I got my third tank full since purchase of car the mileage of last 643 kms came to a mere 16.8 KMPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
This is common for any new car not just S-Cross. This is the run in period and the mileage figures should be taken with a pinch of salt. Let the engine and components bed in and settle down. This thread will help you in this process.
Thanks a lot. Can you tell when can I expect mileage figures to start normalising? The thread is pretty long so not able to find out my area of discussion there.

Last edited by ampere : 13th April 2018 at 15:21. Reason: back to back posts merged
rickygupta2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 15:51   #8444
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Can you tell when can I expect mileage figures to start normalising? The thread is pretty long so not able to find out my area of discussion there.
Important points from run-in article:

Quote:
  • A 2,500 km running-in period is ideal. After this, you can high-rev her away to glory.
  • For a petrol engine, don't allow the RPMs to go over 2,500 for the first 1,000 km. After that, you can increase the limit to 3,000 RPMs until 1,500 km and then, gradually increase it to the maximum by 2,500 km.
  • For a diesel engine, restrict the RPMs to about 2,200 for the first 1,000 km. After that, you can increase the limit to 2,500 - 2,800 RPMs until 1,500 km. Then, gradually increase it to the maximum by 2,500 km.
  • Long highway trips or time spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic is bad for the run-in process. The key to the run-in is to subject the engine to a wide range of RPMs, so you will probably have to alter your driving style and make a point of driving under various conditions.
The ideal run-in period can vary from car to car. Your car's manual should have a run-in/break-in section which will give you all details you need. As to your query on mileage, it is dependent on various parameters. Not least of them is driving with light foot. Going easy on the throttle. Upshifting/downshifting at recommended RPM's and speeds etc.

S-Cross like any Maruti Suzuki product returns great FE. You can expect north of 22kmpl post run-in phase when consistently driven sedately.

Last edited by strawhat : 13th April 2018 at 15:53.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2018, 20:10   #8445
BHPian

Quote:
Ford covers 50% of battery replacement cost during the period of extended warranty and I got mine replaced for my EcoSport. A vast majority of the population would find it hard to believe that Ford covers something that Maruti does not. Maruti is running on past earned goodwill, and not necessarily on its current service and sales attitude.

So why am I posting here? Because I have sold my Ecosport and have booked an Scross

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks