Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2018, 04:25   #8626
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

We took the S-Cross to a nearby field to check the ground clearance. It is quite adequate. The Nexa guys were very encouraging, they wanted to check the ground clearance themselves, unlike the Jeep sales associate who was scared to take the Compass to this place!

BlackPearl is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 08:49   #8627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
We took the S-Cross to a nearby field to check the ground clearance.
That is quite impressive! Did the underbody scrap at all anywhere? Especially when you crossed the pavement like embankment?
With regards to Jeep, it never ceases to amaze me how organizations/dealers miss out on the finer details of the art of selling. The person who is evaluating a Jeep might never ever take his vehicle offroad after purchase, but during the buying experience if he has an opportunity to check its capabilities out, it immediately will give him that incentive to ignore other 'sedans'. After all, most of us, when asked what car we drive, would like to reply "oh, actually I drive a Jeep"
Lone Ranger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 15:30   #8628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We took the S-Cross to a nearby field to check the ground clearance. It is quite adequate. The Nexa guys were very encouraging, they wanted to check the ground clearance themselves, unlike the Jeep sales associate who was scared to take the Compass to this place!
I think the Nexa sales guys have been specifically trained to take users to places where the surface is poor, when road testing the S-Cross.
When I first took a test drive of the S-Cross back in 2015 (about a month after launch), the sales executive drove about 15km to a "new" layout where roads were yet to be laid properly and let me test both ground clearance and suspension travel.

Same thing happened when I test rode the Hero Impulse, and the Renault Duster. Sales executives were keen to demonstrate the abilities of the vehicle.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 20:41   #8629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
That is quite impressive! Did the underbody scrap at all anywhere? Especially when you crossed the pavement like embankment?
With regards to Jeep, it never ceases to amaze me how organizations/dealers miss out on the finer details of the art of selling. The person who is evaluating a Jeep might never ever take his vehicle offroad after purchase, but during the buying experience if he has an opportunity to check its capabilities out, it immediately will give him that incentive to ignore other 'sedans'. After all, most of us, when asked what car we drive, would like to reply "oh, actually I drive a Jeep"
No Lone Ranger, the underbody did not scrape anywhere. It would have scraped the pavement if it was not taken at that angle. Even a Duster would scrape there if taken perpendicularly.
The enthusiasm of the Nexa guys paid off as my friend booked the S-Cross. It is not that he would have looked elsewhere if the s-cross had not crossed this hurdle, but these small gestures do make the deal sweeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I think the Nexa sales guys have been specifically trained to take users to places where the surface is poor, when road testing the S-Cross.
When I first took a test drive of the S-Cross back in 2015 (about a month after launch), the sales executive drove about 15km to a "new" layout where roads were yet to be laid properly and let me test both ground clearance and suspension travel.

Same thing happened when I test rode the Hero Impulse, and the Renault Duster. Sales executives were keen to demonstrate the abilities of the vehicle.
Yes, in recent times I have been quite impressed with the Nexa, Isuzu and Tata Motors dealerships associates. They are hiring more knowledgeable and enthusiastic young people who are not scared to be a bit more adventurous. I was extremely disappointed with the person who came with a Ford Endeavour. He was behaving as if the car would break down if driven over 80 Kmph.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 30th September 2018 at 20:44.
BlackPearl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 13:44   #8630
BHPian

I have 2015 S-cross Delta. I am completely happy with my car and probably the most satisfying car that I have owned till date.
Last 2-3 days i have felt weird feeling when vehicle is at parking speeds and turning right. I feel the vehicle is swaying as if front tyre has lost air pressure. I am guessing suspension issue or damaged bush. I haven't driven vehicle outside city or hit any pothole or speed breaker recently.
drsnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 14:07   #8631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Last 2-3 days i have felt weird feeling when vehicle is at parking speeds and turning right. I feel the vehicle is swaying as if front tyre has lost air pressure. I am guessing suspension issue or damaged bush. I haven't driven vehicle outside city or hit any pothole or speed breaker recently.
This could be steering issue. Have you checked this thread? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-steering.html
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 17:17   #8632
BHPian

The feeling is not from steering but tyres or suspension . I checked the video for steering issue. Mine does not have that sound. But since begning whenever I start my car in morning steering does make a low click sound as if struck. It's very mild and no issue other wise. Week get my car checked next week.

Last edited by drsnt : 1st October 2018 at 17:19.
Old 1st October 2018, 19:40   #8633
BHPian

Thanks Govi Gov
Went to the Amaron Store (Pit stop)
Changed the battery
Damage was 5k
MRP for the battery was 6.2K. Paid 5K after buy back and discount
Good experience

The new one - bin 50 size
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20181001_180732.jpg
The old OEM Exide
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20181001_180745.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:39   #8634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This could be steering issue. Have you checked this thread?
[/url]
I have the steering issue. I had reported this sometime back before this news got published.
Eventhough my car chassis number is not within the range of numbers published by Maruti (Mine is July 2015 manufactured 1.3 Zeta), the issue is very much there. It means the issue is not really restricted to the mentioned series of chassis numbers.

The services recognized the problem and waiting for the part to arrive. Not available ready stock.

Will update once the replacement is done.
Have 4 yr extended warranty and will be covered under that. It will be taken care under warranty even if one is not having the extended warranty.
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:17   #8635
DJR

Quote:
NEXA sales team never expected a test drive like this but they were very cooperative. Somehow I felt the sales guy was more interested in your Thar than selling Scross

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd October 2018 at 20:46. Reason: Removing youtube URL for quoted post.
DJR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 11:06   #8636
BHPian

Hello friends, i own a 2015 Titanium plus diesel ecosport, run around 42000km, it is the 100ps version. In the Ecosport, engine becomes noisy between 95 and 110kmph in 5th gear, that is around 2000 to 2300 rpm. I can hear a boom type sound from the engine, and it is not specific to my car, my friend’s 2016 model also has same amount of noise. As I drive mostly on highways, at a speed around 100-110 kmph, this boom sound is quite irritating on long drives, specially on very smooth roads, where tyre noise is negligible, and i have to move either at 90kmph or above 120, at both these speeds i don’t feel comfortable. I have owned swift and dzire diesels previously, and they had no such issues. After a recent trip to Delhi, via Hissar, Rohtak, I am feeling like selling off the Ecosport, and get an S cross. What do you suggest, will i loose something(except money) while changing to S cross. I also test drove S cross, I found pickup in the turbo range, above 1800rpm, comparable to Ecosport, the ride was better than Ecosport, the engine noise is lesser inside the cabin, at highway speeds. The other option is Creta sx 1.6 diesel, which I may consider. With S cross alpha, I may save a couple of lacs, and get some extra features such as automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, leather upholstery, auto dimming irvm, split folding rear seats, better ride and handling, Maruti peace of mind, as compared to Creta sx, which misses on all these features, sx-o is out of my budget. Regarding the underpowered engine, in the S cross, I see most of the users are satisfied with it, while the professional reviewers are complaining. I hope it won’t be slower than Ecosport to pickup speed, on the highway. Please give your suggestions. Thanks.
Old 5th October 2018, 14:12   #8637
BHPian

Our workhorse crossed 90,000 kms on the odo this morning, 23 days short of 2nd birthday.

Just noticed that the LHS low beam is not working, highbeam/dipper is working fine.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20181005_140606.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20181005_124415.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 18:42   #8638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Our workhorse crossed 90,000 kms on the odo this morning, 23 days short of 2nd birthday.

Just noticed that the LHS low beam is not working, highbeam/dipper is working fine.

Congrats on the milestone. 90k on two years is really some heavy duty driving. Live to drive is very apt for you. So how is your experience with the vehicle till now. Especially service expenses, reliability and fuel efficiency. Please share your experience.
Old 6th October 2018, 08:45   #8639
BHPian

I got this problem in the mornings when engaging the reverse gear after the car is parked overnight on a level ground.
I hear loud sound like something grinding or cracking and the car reverses normally.
In fact I got down today to check if there is anything under tires but there is none.
If I move the car front and then try to engage reverse then this sound does not come.
Anyone knows if this is a serious problem?
Old 6th October 2018, 11:01   #8640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
I got this problem in the mornings when engaging the reverse gear after the car is parked overnight on a level ground.
I hear loud sound like something grinding or cracking and the car reverses normally.
In fact I got down today to check if there is anything under tires but there is none.
If I move the car front and then try to engage reverse then this sound does not come.
Anyone knows if this is a serious problem?
This is most likely the reverse gear crunch which happens in some cars. Could be due to the clutch not getting disengaged fully or due to worn out synchro rings on the reverse gear. I don't think the reverse gear on this car has synchro rings so most likely it would be the clutch not getting fully disengaged. Are you pressing the clutch fully when engaging gears. Another thing to check would be the gear oil level.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks