Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 09:55   #8851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Oh, did you get the new UI automatically? When i used it this morning, i still had the old UI.
It may come automatically as I tried many times but nothing happened. Then Google services got updated and the toggle switch to try new interface came up.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...head-unit.html (Received Android Auto update, but new UI isn't showing on the head-unit)
Old 22nd August 2019, 14:10   #8852
BHPian

Took Delivery of an SCROSS delta.
I must say terrific value for money. Paid less than 11L OTR in kerala
1. Comes with a player with CD
2. Even has lights on footwells
3. Alloy wheels and all safety kit
4. Headlights are very good for a halogen
People must be very proud of maruti being able to give such good car at such reasonable prices since they have the volumes.
MuzzledMoose is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:47   #8853
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
So finally someone else has the same issue. I have been facing the same problem with my 4 years old 1.3 zeta 36k mks, but with a small twist. The downshift from 4th to 3rd doesn't slot correctly and you have to apply some adjustment. Also the 1st gear pull from stand still is more of clutch slipping or shuddering.

Explained these issues during regular service, but not resolved by Nexa service(Sarjapur road - Pratham).
So I took it to MASS for the regular 40k service and asked them to attend to this as well. As I had expected, they bled the clutch & lubricated the shifter. Things have improved post that but I still think up shifting to 3rd gear from 2nd is notchy sometimes.

I took it again to the service center but they are not acknowledging the issue. The option now is to wait & see if it becomes worse. It is difficult to replicate the problem as of now at the service center.
Old 23rd August 2019, 11:50   #8854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Dear Guys,

I am having problems with gear shifting in my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta (Feb 2016 purchase). I notice that it is becoming difficult to shift gears smoothly while driving. This is true for 1, 2 and 3 gears ONLY. Shifting back and forth between them is troublesome. Shifting between 4,5 works perfectly fine.
I have a 4 year old Zeta (2015 Aug). Have this gear shift issue from 1st to 2nd. Rather from 1st gear to neutral.

This happens only once in a day when I start the vehicle in the morning. Very difficult to shift the gear to neutral from 1st in the first 30-50 meters of initial morning start and drive. in the 2nd attempt it works ok and then the rest of the day, do not give any issue.

Highlighted this to service center couple of times and they generally do lubrication but never got it rectified completely. Since this is only once a day and just in the initial 50 meters, living with it for the last more than a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
It may come automatically as I tried many times but nothing happened. Then Google services got updated and the toggle switch to try new interface came up.
Yes. This got updated automatically when the google pack was updated. If you go to the settings in Android Auto, can see a selection button "Try the new Android Auto".

It further says, "For car screen only. Update now or wait for automatic update, coming soon"

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th August 2019 at 08:50. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use multiquote option instead
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:25   #8855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have a 4 year old Zeta (2015 Aug). Have this gear shift issue from 1st to 2nd. Rather from 1st gear to neutral.

This happens only once in a day when I start the vehicle in the morning. Very difficult to shift the gear to neutral from 1st in the first 30-50 meters of initial morning start and drive. in the 2nd attempt it works ok and then the rest of the day, do not give any issue.
I am experiencing this exact problem since last couple of weeks. I need to apply some force to slot 2nd or neutral from 1st. As mentioned, for me too, it happens only once a day in the morning and then rest of the day is absolutely fine. I have 40K service coming soon for my Scross. I will ask the SA to address this issue.

Besides, I also received the new UI for Android Auto yesterday on Samsung S8+. UI is refreshingly good and I also see more apps than before on the screen.
Old 25th August 2019, 08:38   #8856
BHPian

So after 4 years and 37000 kms now the JK elanzos started to show cracks. The tires may last more, but keeping in mind the roads we travel daily is it the right time to change the shoes. I must say these hard elanzos are really sturdy and I only had one puncture during the last 4 years.

Now for the replacement, what I need is a similar tire. I don't want to spend say 8000+ on the tires. I don't mind putting the same tires or similar low budget ones around 6000 a piece. Suggestion guys.
Old 25th August 2019, 10:25   #8857
BHPian

Try xtramile. Reasonable and sturdy
Old 25th August 2019, 14:19   #8858
BHPian

Changed the tyres today at Madhu's to Yoko blueearth size being the same as original. What I feel it's a good balance. Very early to give a verdict, but the tyre noise is gone. Comfort level has gone atleast 2 notches up. Happy about the tyres but not sure about the price. 6700 a piece plus alignment and balancing is quite steep. No buyback for old tyres. What do you say guys is it a good deal?
Old 25th August 2019, 15:27   #8859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Happy about the tyres but not sure about the price. 6700 a piece plus alignment and balancing is quite steep. No buyback for old tyres. What do you say guys is it a good deal?
The price is almost same at tyre shops. Bluearth is available at lesser price (~5800) only in Amazon. But, I am not sure about warranty as many tyre manufacturers don't provide warranty for online sales.

Madhus has the best wheel alignment and balancing machines. I believe you got the roadforce balancing done which is slightly more expensive, but worth it.
Old 25th August 2019, 15:43   #8860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
The price is almost same at tyre shops. Bluearth is available at lesser price (~5800) only in Amazon. But, I am not sure about warranty as many tyre manufacturers don't provide warranty for online sales.

Madhus has the best wheel alignment and balancing machines. I believe you got the roadforce balancing done which is slightly more expensive, but worth it.

Is that the hunter equipments we are talking about? I did check the prices in Amazon before going to the shop, but car related stuffs are more of a touch and feel thing for me. Anyway time will tell how good are they. On the other hand I quite liked the pattern of MRF perfinza though but they were not in stock and the sidewall seems stronger.
Old 25th August 2019, 15:52   #8861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is that the hunter equipments we are talking about?
Yes!

Quote:
Anyway time will tell how good are they. On the other hand I quite liked the pattern of MRF perfinza though but they were not in stock and the sidewall seems stronger.
Bluearth tyres are good. I am happy with them in my Baleno. I had got MRF Perfinza for S-Cross and the grip is Fantastic .
Old 29th August 2019, 13:23   #8862
BHPian

So a strange thing happened today with my S-Cross. I reached home after drive of about 7kms. I switched off the car and after about 10-15 mins wanted to head for another drive so attemped to start the car again. However, this time all i got was a continuous battery crank but the car wouldn't start. I tried for couple of times in a span of 10mins bit no luck. I then called Nexa support who arranged for a technician who came in after about 30 mins. When he attempted, the car started normally. Upon asking him the reason, he suggested that the battery needs to be checked as it might have become weak. I then went to a battery shop and got the voltage checked.
They measure the voltage while cranking and it should a range of 7-9v which as per them is low and points to a weak battery.

My car is Nov 2016 manufactured and as per my SA the company fitter battery carries a warranty of 2 years and now that it's close to 3 years now, even the SA suggested changing the battery.
Queries:
1) Is the low crank voltage diagnosis reasonable?
2) Is a close to 3 year battery life for a car that runs daily 35kms fine?

Last edited by djkher : 29th August 2019 at 13:25.
Old 29th August 2019, 13:34   #8863
Senior - BHPian

Short answer, Yes and Yes.
I ve seen new batteries last less than your time and old batteries last close to 5 years also. So no hard and fast rule. How a battery performs over time depends upon multitude of factors and not merely starting the car everyday.

Just replace your battery and you should be good to go. Dont think to much into it.

Last edited by bigron : 29th August 2019 at 13:38.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 16:15   #8864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Short answer, Yes and Yes.
I ve seen new batteries last less than your time and old batteries last close to 5 years also. So no hard and fast rule. How a battery performs over time depends upon multitude of factors and not merely starting the car everyday.

Just replace your battery and you should be good to go. Dont think to much into it.
Thanks. I got the battery replaced with Amaron (factory one was exide) as suggested by my SA. Got it from official amaron provider batterywale.com for 4.5k with exchange of old battery.

Got it delivered & installed within 3 hours. I am impressed with the service! Also the local dealers were quoting 5.1k for the same!

Last edited by djkher : 31st August 2019 at 16:17.
Old 31st August 2019, 16:24   #8865
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good.
Amaron is one of the better ones available.
Just keep the warranty card handy for future reference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks