Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 17:01   #8881
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This issue has resurfaced. Exactly the same symptoms. Will take the car to Nexa station again.
The contact coil was replaced under warranty again.

I had also complained of occasional stickiness and tuk tuk noise while taking a U turn. The steering rod is being replaced under warranty.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 23:04   #8882
Senior - BHPian

My 2016 May 1.3 PreFL seems to be having 2 issues:

1. When someone enters or leaves the car from the rear seat, it makes a creaking noise, like a suspension contracting and expanding, even happens from when entering the driver side seat at times. No other abnormal sounds while driving.

2. The rear hatch gas strut seems to have gone weak, it does not open all the way. Once opened, it will stay at any position that I want it to keep (near the upper end of the spectrum), earlier, it used to go all the way to the top and stay there. I noticed this, when after opening the rear hatch, I banged my head on it, when I went to retrieve the luggage, obviously, I was looking elsewhere, never even crossed my mind, it might be stuck half open. For the past 1 week, I make sure it is all the way open, and more often that I like, it is stuck at a half way position.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 00:30   #8883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The rear hatch gas strut seems to have gone weak, it does not open all the way.
I have observed the same in my car. Planning to check if it could be replaced under warranty.
Old 17th October 2019, 11:28   #8884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. The rear hatch gas strut seems to have gone weak, it does not open all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have observed the same in my car. Planning to check if it could be replaced under warranty.
Please get those changed quickly. The next step is where they start losing hold. I have had an experience where the hatch fell on my back when I had ducked into the cabin to flatten the seats and make more space in the boot. The struts gave away & the hatch came down. Thankfully the impact was bearable & I didn't need to visit a doctor. But a heavier impact would have dislocated my vertebrae.

Please be very careful till you get those struts replaced. Don't let others - especially kids - near the hatch till it is fixed. And yes - it is covered in warranty.

Last edited by Reinhard : 17th October 2019 at 11:30.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 12:33   #8885
BHPian

Quote:
2. The rear hatch gas strut seems to have gone weak, it does not open all the way.
This is a very common issue, that will eventually happen in almost all Maruti cars. The maker of the gas strut is a company called Suspa, each gas strut costs Rs.380, with the labour, total costs will be under Rs.1000/- at the service center. But will fail in around 3 to 4 years.

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 17th October 2019 at 12:40.
Aditya_Bhp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 14:07   #8886
BHPian

Need help on this, My 2017 pre facelift Scross 1.3 Zeta has done around 29k Kms. Today i pressed start and the car usually starts right away, but today it continuously cranked and did not start. Tried 4 -5 times and it still did not. Then gave it rest for around 5-10 mins in the meantime filled battery water too, pressed start and it started. This issue happened a couple of times a few days ago too but was not as serious as today. Now i tried again and it started. I think its a battery issue. Has any one faced this?
Old 17th October 2019, 14:15   #8887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
I think its a battery issue. Has any one faced this?
More often than not - it is battery standing on the edge of a cliff. Get it checked & replaced soon. One fine day it will suddenly stop giving any usable current & you'll need a jump starter help.

In the worst of cases it may be an under performing starter-motor. Since you are not facing any issues in driving once it starts - it won't be any engine related issues like pressure leak etc. Just get the battery changed and you should be okay.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 19:02   #8888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
More often than not - it is battery standing on the edge of a cliff. Get it checked & replaced soon. One fine day it will suddenly stop giving any usable current & you'll need a jump starter help.

In the worst of cases it may be an under performing starter-motor. Since you are not facing any issues in driving once it starts - it won't be any engine related issues like pressure leak etc. Just get the battery changed and you should be okay.
Battery was at 189 CCA, now replaced. Total Cost Rs 5000/-, got the Exide 4 Year Warranty Battery. Hope this was it and nothing else crops up.
Reality is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 22:16   #8889
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Battery was at 189 CCA, now replaced. Total Cost Rs 5000/-, got the Exide 4 Year Warranty Battery. Hope this was it and nothing else crops up.
You could have gotten the cranking voltage of the old battery checked to ensure it was indeed dead.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:47   #8890
BHPian

Quote:
Need help on this, My 2017 pre facelift Scross 1.3 Zeta has done around 29k Kms. Today i pressed start and the car usually starts right away, but today it continuously cranked and did not start. Tried 4 -5 times and it still did not. Then gave it rest for around 5-10 mins in the meantime filled battery water too, pressed start and it started. This issue happened a couple of times a few days ago too but was not as serious as today. Now i tried again and it started. I think its a battery issue. Has any one faced this?
I had the exact same issue on my Nov 2016 manufactured S-Cross with around 33k on the ODO. When it eventually started, i got the crank voltage checked and it was low (as per the guy at the shop) and i eventually replaced the battery with an Amazon one (as recommended by SA).

Another thing (not sure is related or not), i have started getting 'WARNING PRE_HEAT SYSTEM' message in the MID which points to issues with GlowPlugs. When i contacted my SA, i was told that it is a big deal only in colder places (e.g. Shimla). In hot/humid Mumbai it's not a big deal. I'll get it inspected/changed in the next service

Last edited by djkher : 18th October 2019 at 08:49. Reason: add more details
djkher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 10:10   #8891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
i eventually replaced the battery with an Amazon one (as recommended by SA).
I presume you meant Amaron. Yes - they are good.
Quote:
When i contacted my SA, i was told that it is a big deal only in colder places (e.g. Shimla). In hot/humid Mumbai it's not a big deal. I'll get it inspected/changed in the next service
That is right - the glow plugs are required to heat the fuel/chamber for quick ignition in cooler places. Northern India, and other very cool parts of the planet. Its pretty useless in our otherwise tropical climate. Get it replaced anyway as the constant warning is a bit distracting. Those on the 1.3 MJD don't come cheap. The last I got mine changed they were around 500-600 a piece! And generally they follow in line. If one has died, chances are further will follow pretty soon.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 01:02   #8892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
And generally they follow in line. If one has died, chances are further will follow pretty soon.
The glow plugs in my SX4 needed to be replaced after approximately 4 years / 70000 Km.

And yes, my mechanic advised me to replace all of them for the same reason that you mentioned.
Old 19th October 2019, 07:12   #8893
BHPian

Quote:
Another thing (not sure is related or not), i have started getting 'WARNING PRE_HEAT SYSTEM' message in the MID which points to issues with GlowPlugs. When i contacted my SA, i was told that it is a big deal only in colder places (e.g. Shimla). In hot/humid Mumbai it's not a big deal. I'll get it inspected/changed in the next service
The Glow Plugs 'heats' the engine before it starts. There are 4 of them, one for each cylinder.
They won't be of much use in hot Mumbai. Even if one or two is dead, its not an issue. You may replace it next service of you can live with the warning light. Costs around 450INR per piece.

The only issue was when all 4 glow plugs malfunctioned in my Ritz Multijet, the car went into limp mode. I took the car to a FNG nearby and he did not have any stock of OEM Glow Plugs, so he replaced all 4 with Genuine Tata Vista Multijet Glow Plugs.
Old 19th October 2019, 11:09   #8894
BHPian

Quote:
Another thing (not sure is related or not), i have started getting 'WARNING PRE_HEAT SYSTEM' message in the MID which points to issues with GlowPlugs.
I had replaced 2 glow plugs in the last one year because of this issue. Now, it's again coming up. Need to replace in the upcoming service.

If you switch off the engine and restart, then the warning will go away.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 10:30   #8895
BHPian

Odo crossed 117k this weekend and I am due for yet another service this year. Just did a short trip to Nainital, got a respectable FE of 18.6.

I was caught overspeeding at 78 kmph on an Expressway, got a nice drone like shot taken from one of the overhead cameras attached with the challan. Framed it.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_2019102411001901.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks