Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 22:20   #8911
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
1.1 lakh km in 3 years is some heavy usage. Congratulations!

Are there any signs of clutch wear and suspension wear? The 1.3 is a terrifically reliable engine and you can easily clock 3 lakh km without any issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I think he has proactively replaced the clutch at around 100k KMS
I wanted to get the clutch replaced voluntarily but the mechanic told me to postpone. No signs of suspension wearing out. Car is ageing very well.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:17   #8912
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross DDiS 320, to be reintroduced as BS6 compliant. Will come in late 2020.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross1_6ldieselbs631068x610.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross1_6ldieselbs61021x583.jpg

Link (Rumour: Maruti-Suzuki to introduce 1.6-Litre diesel engine in 2020)

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd November 2019 at 11:18.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 12:02   #8913
BHPian

Finally, a good news.

The Relaunch of S Cross with its legendary 1.6 DDiS engine is one of the best news I have heard from the Indian auto scene, of late.

To add further to the delight, S Cross Petrol will also be introduced with the 1.5-litre 4-cylinder K15B petrol engine with SHVS technology in the early 2020.

It is a double dhamaka.

This should be in the latest news of our forum.

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ma...e-spied-35842/

Last edited by poised2drive : 3rd November 2019 at 12:08.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 13:02   #8914
BHPian

No automatic in their most premium offering, speaks volumes about how well Maruti knows to fool us.
Old 4th November 2019, 11:50   #8915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Cross DDiS 320, to be reintroduced as BS6 compliant. Will come in late 2020.
Is that for real or its just Maruti slapping on an old badge lying around on a test car to attempt to throw others on the wrong track?

Somehow I'm not yet convinced that MSIL would bring the 1.6 MJD back. Nor do I feel that engine should come back. It was good. But that's past. It will already be a generation older among competition when it launches, if it launches.
Old 4th November 2019, 12:22   #8916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Is that for real or its just Maruti slapping on an old badge lying around on a test car to attempt to throw others on the wrong track?
--
The below quote , sums it up aptly.

Quote:
The 1.6-litre diesel making a comeback is definitely music to our ears, but whether we should hold our breath is still a question that only Maruti can answer.
One thing is clear, You will get a BS6 Diesel in S Cross- 1.5 or 1.6 will be answered soon.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th November 2019 at 12:29.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 12:49   #8917
Senior - BHPian

I hope they come up with 1.5L engine, because there is a sizeable difference between insurance vehicles having 1.5L vs more than 1.5L engines. If XUV300 can give 300nm torque in 1.5L, I hope Maruti or Fiat finds a way to shave off 100cc without sacrificing the torque much.

S-cross is perhaps the only quality offering by Maruti now, but it needs upgrades such as rear AC vent, flat bottom steering from its stable mates.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:01   #8918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
If XUV300 can give 300nm torque in 1.5L, I hope Maruti or Fiat finds a way to shave off 100cc without sacrificing the torque much.
It won't be too easy. Most of these small diesel engines run near their rated limits to achieve maximum power and torque with minimum possible weights.

Shaving off a full Splendor's engine would mean higher compression ratios & rail pressures etc. That most definitely would require re-engineering the block & heads to handle those larger power explosions in the confines of the cylinders.

Maruti already has a 1.5 that they seem to be struggling to develop for whatever unknown reasons. I don't think FIAT would be interested in reworking on what is already an old engine just for Suzuki. The 1.6 MJD is tainted in the EU (Fiat's primary market per se) due to some emission troubles in EuroVI. So working more on that same one makes no sense. They should instead work on a more contemporary all new 1.5L instead.
Old 4th November 2019, 13:13   #8919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Finally, a good news.

The Relaunch of S Cross with its legendary 1.6 DDiS engine is one of the best news I have heard from the Indian auto scene, of late.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I hope they come up with 1.5L engine, because there is a sizeable difference between insurance vehicles having 1.5L vs more than 1.5L engines.
I have doubts about this 1.6L MJD engine as it had emission issues in UK. Emissions

There is a dedicated thread with respect to this news of new S-Cross being tested with a 1.6L engine.
Link (Rumour: Maruti-Suzuki to introduce 1.6-Litre diesel engine in 2020)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 4th November 2019 at 13:19.
Old 5th November 2019, 12:09   #8920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
My 2016 DDiS 320 Alpha will complete 3 years this month. It has been an amazing experience all throughout the 76,000 kms driven.

Over the past 2000 kms or so, i am getting a banging noise from the rear suspension when going over potholes or speed breakers. It is more pronounced with a rear passenger than when I am driving alone or with front passenger. My initial thought was of something moving around in the boot. I emptied the boot and tested again. It is still there. It is not exactly a metal to metal sound, but kind of a muffled "THUD". Has anyone else experienced this? What could be the possible cause?
Update: Issue resolved but no clue as to how.

The car was taken to MASS at 76k kms to diagnose the thud noise issue. The mechanic opened up the dampers and did a very unscientific test by compressing it using his body weight. He concluded that the dampers are good. The guess what the noise is coming from the bushes that hold the springs. We decided to replace those rubber bushes but they were not in stock. So the parts were ordered and we would replace them at the 80k service. The dampers were put back on, and voila, the noise disappeared and hasn't reappeared ever since. The bushes were anyway changed at 80k. I am touching 86k now and there has been no issue since the last 10k kms.

The point is, I am still clueless as to why the issue had come up and how it got resolved.
Old 5th November 2019, 12:18   #8921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
The point is, I am still clueless as to why the issue had come up and how it got resolved.
This is a VERY common issue in fact. The bushes are plastic/rubber/combination. Over regular usage with wear, temperature changes etc they don't work properly letting metal around them vibrate / rattle or bang with each other. In fact inspecting & replacing bushes is quite a frequent item in scheduled services. Worse road conditions tend to kill bushes faster due to the hard work suspension has to do all the time.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 12:22   #8922
BHPian

Quote:
This is a VERY common issue in fact. The bushes are plastic/rubber/combination. Over regular usage with wear, temperature changes etc they don't work properly letting metal around them vibrate / rattle or bang with each other. In fact inspecting & replacing bushes is quite a frequent item in scheduled services. Worse road conditions tend to kill bushes faster due to the hard work suspension has to do all the time.
Point is, the issue had disappeared even before the bushes were replaced. First time the dampers were disconnected, the bushes were not in stock and hence not replaced. The noise disappeared anyway. Hence, i am not sure it was the bushes that caused the noise. Of course, it is a good practice to replace them regardless.
srinitdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 19:30   #8923
BHPian

Hi,

Does anybody know, what is the mesh in the middle of the dashboard for? It seems to have a round hollow in there.

Mine is a Zeta model.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20191029_173342.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 7th November 2019 at 22:30. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 7th November 2019, 21:54   #8924
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross BS6 1.6L (D) again on tests,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2020marutisuzukiscross1_6lbs6.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 21:57   #8925
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnavpaitandy View Post
Does anybody know, what is the mesh in the middle of the dashboard for? It seems to have a round hollow in there.
AFAIK it is given as a provision for central speaker. Maybe it is provided in some foreign markets.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th November 2019 at 22:01.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed