Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2020, 10:28   #9076
BHPian

Guys, need help. Today I noticed engine coolant is almost empty. Most possibly rodent or cat issue. Maruti ASS is closed in lock down. Is there any doorstep coolant pop-up service available in Bangalore. Vehicle is Scross 1.3 2017 (pre facelift). Last service done at 40k KMs 4 months ago. Also, if anyone knows the grade and brand of the coolant used, please share.

Last edited by ajmat : 10th May 2020 at 11:11. Reason: typo
Old 10th May 2020, 10:46   #9077
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, need help. Today I noticed engine coolant is almost empty. Most posibly rodent or cat issue. Maruti ASS is closed in lock down. Is there any doorstep coolant pop-up service available in Bangalore. Vehicle is Scross 1.3 2017 (pre facelift). Last service done at 40k KMs 4 months ago. Also, if anyone knows the grade and brand of the coolant used, please share.
Few of the MASS I know have started operations (don't know about Sundays though).

You may want to contact them and avail door service. Also, how bad is the leak? You can always drive to the nearest MASS by refilling the coolant reservoir with regular water as SOS and then do a complete drain of coolant and refill it again as per recommended water + coolant mixture. Absolutely no harm in doing so.

Just keep an eye on the temperature needle (or overheating sign) while you drive to the MASS.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 10:50   #9078
BANNED

Quote:
Guys, need help. Today I noticed engine coolant is almost empty. Most posibly rodent or cat issue. Also, if anyone knows the grade and brand of the coolant used, please share.
If possible, why not check any fuel stations, they shall have ready-to-use coolants (no need to mix water types).

I have kept one bottle of Mak RediCool (1L) [from Bharat Petroleum] in my Creta for the emergency sake.

PS: Please check for any leakage issue in case it is not rodents.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 12:38   #9079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti ASS is closed in lock down. Is there any doorstep coolant pop-up service available in Bangalore. Vehicle is Scross 1.3 2017 (pre facelift). Last service done at 40k KMs 4 months ago.
I would suggest not to drive to dealership. If you face overheating issue in the middle or in case you might have to spend some time clearing a road block and so its unnecessary risk and also tension. Call for a home visit from a MASS I am sure they would oblige considering the fact that everyone wants business now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Few of the MASS I know have started operations (don't know about Sundays though).
Yup In Bangalore I believe everyone started. Just got my Celerio serviced yesterday in Surakshaa as we discussed earlier The car was picked up, dropped and routine service done without any extra stuff.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:50   #9080
ike
BHPian

I decided to change my brake pads at 49,750Kms, though I could have extracted at least a couple of thousand kilometres more but decided to change nonetheless. Was thinking about EBC but couldn't get hold of them due to the COVID situation. Finally procured Black diamond predator pads and got them installed at Pete's performance in Thrissur.

The old pads
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20200522_121607_bokeh.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20200522_121441_bokeh.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20200515_112023_bokeh.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20200515_112015.jpg  

ike is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 20:10   #9081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I decided to change my brake pads
How much does these pads cost? And how do they perform compared to stock pads?
Old 24th May 2020, 20:29   #9082
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
How much does these pads cost? And how do they perform compared to stock pads?
I bought it for 6,500/- not really in a position to compare with the stock pads, haven't been driving much due to the situation.
Old 25th May 2020, 10:40   #9083
BHPian

Just did a full tank last day and realized that the previous one was did exactly 2 months back! where 2 full tanks a month was my routine before.

FE took a heavy toll as the car had to idle with AC for hours multiple times.

Awaiting to hit the roads back. Stay safe.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20200525102323.jpg
northstar* is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 21:54   #9084
BHPian

Did Delhi to Mumbai over the weekend, this time via Indore. Odo crossed 135K on the trip. No issues whatsoever!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200613_161458.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200614_074003.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200614_120350.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200614_135332.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 11:25   #9085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marutifan View Post
Assuming the issue is similar to what I've experienced in my sx4, you probably need to change the suspension link rods of your car. It's a relatively simple job and each costs approx 400 rupees.
The ASS checked the issue and they said the suspension link rods on both sides are to be changed.

The price quoted for this is Rs. 1300 (approx) and it is not covered under extended warranty. This is a metal part right, so should be covered under extended warranty, has anybody changed this under warranty?
Old 29th July 2020, 13:04   #9086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have observed the same in my car. Planning to check if it could be replaced under warranty.
Have you got the hydraulic struts replaced under warranty? I have checked with my service advisor and he said this is not covered under warranty and each strut cost around Rs. 450/-.

Also any idea about extension of warranty for the 5th year? Mine is 1.3 Zeta.
Old 31st July 2020, 19:06   #9087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Have you got the hydraulic struts replaced under warranty? I have checked with my service advisor and he said this is not covered under warranty and each strut cost around Rs. 450/-.

Also any idea about extension of warranty for the 5th year? Mine is 1.3 Zeta.
No, I haven't got it changed. Workshop Manager did say it's not covered under warranty, I am sure Maruti or the dealer itself would cover this part under warranty if you shoot a mail to Nexa and TSM of your area.
Old 16th August 2020, 10:06   #9088
BHPian

Hey guys, was cruising at around 100 kmph yesterday when a dog came in front of the car and hit the front bumper. This led to damages to the bumper and car coolant got leaked. I was around 20 kms from my home, so drove the car at 20 kmph to avoid over heating (had to take two breaks in between when the temp meter started rising). The car was also smelling of smoke though no vapors were visible. Talked to the SA, he told me that car will be picked up on Monday. I am just tensed if the car will be ok post repair? What all parts will likely be changed?
Old 18th August 2020, 11:49   #9089
BHPian

Quote:
The ASS checked the issue and they said the suspension link rods on both sides are to be changed...... has anybody changed this under warranty?
The suspension link rods were replaced and I paid 1180 something for that including labor charges. Later I had sent a mail to nexa asking for clarification on parts covered under warranty and then the dealer gave refund of Rs. 1200. They asked me if I want waxing/polishing, interior cleaning etc in addition to the refund. I just told them to refund the cost of the parts and labor charges + GST. They had sent a person with the refund amount on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Workshop Manager did say it's not covered under warranty.
The service advisor had checked with the warranty section of the service centre and confirmed that it would be covered under warranty. They placed order for the struts and last week it arrived. The car was picked up from my house and the parts were replaced under warranty. The car was given a bath free of cost however I had to pay Rs. 238 as hygiene charge (Rs 200+GST).

Nexa is offering 5 years warranty for new cars, is it possible to take extended warranty for the fifth year for old cars? Has anybody checked this?
Old 18th August 2020, 12:56   #9090
BHPian

Quote:
Nexa is offering 5 years warranty for new cars, is it possible to take extended warranty for the fifth year for old cars? Has anybody checked this?
It should be possible if your standard warranty (2 years/40000km) has not expired. At least that is what i understood when Maruti introduced their 5th year plan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks